The Reading Fc Thread

ThaiPauly

I have not posted throughout February on this thread.

We did not manage to score a goal in February.

From being the top scorers in all four divisions we have gone to being the lowest scorers in February !!

Thankfully Wolves and Brum are doing no better and should we win our games starting with Sheffield Wednesday tonight then Plymouth we could go top. (But both games are away) Beat Wednesday 6-0 at the Mad Stad...I would be grateful for a 1-0 tonight, even if the keeper scores it !!

Thats farcical, the top three are on a remarkable run never seen before in the division, Wolves have only won one in 9 Brum 2 in 9.

Thankfully the only other club with an outside chance of gatecrashing the top 2 are Cardiff City...and who wants them in the Prem next year? Urgggggh

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

BLOWN IT? :o

After yesterdays home defeat to Ipswich and with Wolves and Brum winning I thnk our chance of an automatic promotion spot has all but gone.

Even with 2 games in hand ...even if we won both ( which is highly unlikely) we still can't overhaul the top two.

Every Reading fan is utterly despondant, fom such a position of strenghth to having the worst form in the division at such a crucial stage is heartbreaking :D

Little and Kitson are obviously not the answer alone, Little has had two poor games so far and Kitson yesterday was his same old lazy self.

We will know be lucky if we make the play-offs let alone getting through them, Sheff Utd are definatley on a great run as are Cardiff, and I can only see us becoming the next Charlton, Southampton or Forest in the next few years.

The good times are over...it's now time for a management change, most Reading fans are questioning Coppell's decisions, yesterday he was in charge of his 1000th game at Reading, I think if we fail to go up, and I don't realistically think we will now Coppell will go, he won;t need to be pushed...he has done brilliantly for the club, but the time is now close for a change.

Even if by some miricle we did go up then we would be the whipping boys of the league, Sir John won't invest any money in players and the ones we have (except for Doyle) are not prem quality...which is obviously why Little and Kitson are at Reading again.

GUTTED :D

BLOWN IT? :o

After yesterdays home defeat to Ipswich and with Wolves and Brum winning I thnk our chance of an automatic promotion spot has all but gone.

Even with 2 games in hand ...even if we won both ( which is highly unlikely) we still can't overhaul the top two.

Every Reading fan is utterly despondant, fom such a position of strenghth to having the worst form in the division at such a crucial stage is heartbreaking :D

Little and Kitson are obviously not the answer alone, Little has had two poor games so far and Kitson yesterday was his same old lazy self.

We will know be lucky if we make the play-offs let alone getting through them, Sheff Utd are definatley on a great run as are Cardiff, and I can only see us becoming the next Charlton, Southampton or Forest in the next few years.

The good times are over...it's now time for a management change, most Reading fans are questioning Coppell's decisions, yesterday he was in charge of his 1000th game at Reading, I think if we fail to go up, and I don't realistically think we will now Coppell will go, he won;t need to be pushed...he has done brilliantly for the club, but the time is now close for a change.

Even if by some miricle we did go up then we would be the whipping boys of the league, Sir John won't invest any money in players and the ones we have (except for Doyle) are not prem quality...which is obviously why Little and Kitson are at Reading again.

GUTTED :D

Maybe you are not as good as you thought :wai: ,or it is another case that most teams on there day can beat anyone For my Tractor Boys is was a good 3 points :D but we are not as consistant as the top 3.Still playoffs :D

Time for Reading to do what Wolves have finally learned to do...............win ugly.

Pretty football can be played in the Prem but sadly in the boonies, a ground out 1-0 with the ball being bundled over the line by a big lump of a striker, is what's required.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Toasted,

alas your good wishes fell on deaf ears...another home defeat and all chances of automatic promotion have evaporated, we would have to win our last five matches to have any chance, and considering we have not won at home since January and have the worst home record in the football league since that time, the chances are nil.

I , and all Reading fans are at a complete loss as to understand how we went from the top scorers in all four divisons and having the best home record in every divison to having nearly the worst in just 3 months......its beyond my comprehension.

Ah well another year in the fizzy, our best players will leave, (actually we have not got any good players right now, I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy a dud?)

Coppelll will leave I fear, but maybe he has done his best and thats as far as he can take us.

If we do make the play-offs, I don't think we will win them, Cardiff, Burnley, Sheff Utd or Brum are in far better form than us...come to that even Charlton are !!

Thats the pain of being a fan I suppose, you just have to get on with it and hope the players are hurting way more than you are

Reading's pre-New Year form combined with my team's (Oxford's) post New Year form would be perfect. Unfortunately it doesn't look like you're going to cling on, and we're going to run out of games too soon. Not much joy in the Thames Valley this season (unless Swindon go down!).

Reading's pre-New Year form combined with my team's (Oxford's) post New Year form would be perfect. Unfortunately it doesn't look like you're going to cling on, and we're going to run out of games too soon. Not much joy in the Thames Valley this season (unless Swindon go down!).[/quote

Yep...you are correct, the only plus to this seson will be if Swinedon get relegated (sadly I think that Simon Cox who they signed from Reading and Robson-Kanu who is on loan from Reading will keep them up)......however as i write you are 0-0 with Wrexham, your old boss's (Denis Smith's ) old team before he was sacked...a good OU fan of mine had him round for dinner one night..said he was a total <deleted>

I met BH once..he as a good guy, level headed etc..anone who does not know who BH is......I spit on you, and I play for Arsenal :o

Edited by ThaiPauly

Thank you for the draw......................Yam yam I yam yam..

You may as well have them :o

We only need enough to make the play-offs now, we threw away our final chance of aotomatic last night, 2-0 and let them back in for a draw.

Good luck in your quest for automatic promotion, its really between you and Brum now....but for our part our current team would struggle in League One, let alone the Premiership :D

I can't even see us getting past the first round of the play-offs.....there is a very thick cloud of disappointment and bewilderment hanging over Reading at the moment.

The confidence has gone, even Kitson and Little who were supposed to "Save our Season" can't get in the fisrt team now.

Reckon if I dusted off my boots and went back they would give me a run out....at least I would have the passion, something sadly lacking within most of the squad, in fact I wished Kitson had stayed where he was, he raised the level of expectations , but only found the net once, so Stoke will be lumbered with him as will Portsmouth with Little, I can't see us signing either one with another season in the Fizzy looking highly likely :D

Edited due to passionate smelling pisstakes, which is what Reading are doing to their fans...smelly mistakes all over the field

Roll on next year

Edited by ThaiPauly

• 2 weeks later...

There is every chance that Reading could get auto Promotion,,seeing how Preston went last weekend.

What can I say?

Go for it Preston!! :o

Look at the goal difference between Reading and Brimm?

OK,,there is a small problem called SUFC in the way but they are known for producing spectacular surprises.

As in losing to Wigan and getting relegated a few years ago.

I cannot watch the Champ. games here in Singapore as its filled with the Prem., but Saturday night ,I,ll be here on the Dell on Radio Sheffield with live update on Sky.

What a night!

Cheers

I don't think there is EVERY chance that we could still get automatic promotion.

So we won last night...we have beaten Derby the last 6 times we have played them so its not really that surprising.

As far as Reading are concerned if Brum get just one point from their last two games they will finish higher than us, however they need more than that if United win their last 2 games.

All we be revealed in 72 hours time, we don't play at Norwich till Monday so it could well all be over by then.

If it's not then Norwich could have already been relegated by then without kicking a ball, and their best player (striker) will not be able to play as he is our player anyway. But if they are NOT already relegated they will be fighting for their survival and probably beat us.

At least it will be near enough a grandstand finish........obviously I will be rooting for Preston and Swansea this weekend..but I can't see it happening for us to be honest, Though miracles can happen.

May the best team prevail.

NOW it's interesting.

Reading are (at last) putting some wins together, and going into the final match with Brum we are very upbeat about our chances of automatic promotion.

Even if we don't win we will still be going into the play-offs on a high.

But its still out of our hands, if Sheffield United beat Palace away even if we beat Brum they will go up.

If Brum beat us then they will go up regardless of what Sheffield do.

Let the games begin,........ I can't wait for Sunday

NOW it's interesting.

Reading are (at last) putting some wins together, and going into the final match with Brum we are very upbeat about our chances of automatic promotion.

But its still out of our hands, if Sheffield United beat Palace away even if we beat Brum they will go up.

Thanks for that result last night.

Good luck on Sunday and - if it doesn't all go your way - good luck in the play-offs.

per pro

NFFC

NOW it's interesting.

Yep - just posted much the same in the Sheff Utd thread. :D

As I said there gonna be a very interesting weekend!

Does anyone know if they are the showing the games on any of the Truesports channels? I wouldn't mind watching them . . well flicking between them randomly! :o

Goooooaaaaarnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Reading .. .. of course my support of Reading has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with 4.7mill quid for Mr Kitson . . honestly. .. . :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked to see if I have the honour to watch the Burnley Reading game on the box here in Singapore and its all Premiership games .

These are the games that are pure battles for promotion...... mid table Prem clubs playing for nothing much to gain is a bit boring I think.

Anyway ,,its TP on the mid night watch.

Wifes brother told me the Sheff Utd/PNE game was on Thai Tv last night.

It wasn,t here....got less than a month to go here now and its Korat or bust..(and bust :) ).

May the best team win.

SH

Edited by soihok

Well that was a surprise !!

I did ,nt see or listen to the game, only the result.

Bikey sent off so he,ll be out of the second leg and Doyle injured. Tuesday will be nail biter wont it.

Very dissapointed :D

We had all the chances they had none.

It was an exact mirror of what happened when we played them in October, one chance, one goal.

We had several chances but did not take them.

Bikey gave away a needless penalty :)

Still if mirror images are anything to go by ...we win 3-1 in the home fixture.

Anyway, its only half-time and we have to get a home win sometime, let it be Tuesday :D

You might find it on justin.tv thaipauly, its on TV in UK so should be on the net somewhere, good luck

Thanks B, I have already tried that site twice (for the Norwich and Brum games) but alas it does not work for me.

I can listen to it on Reading World, and see the goals ???? on my son's computer in the UK.

Edited by ThaiPauly