The Reading Fc Thread

ThaiPauly

Rumors that Harper is on his way to UP, i think i thought that he looked like your best Player at times when i had the misfortune of watching Reading last year, what are Reading Fans take on him ??

You make a comment like having the "misfortune" of watching Reading last year......did anyone force you to?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heard a rumour that my beloved team,stoke city have put a bid in for kevin doyle.

GOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN STOKE

I'll be keeping my eye on the Stokies next Year cos of a Friend who is a Season Ticket Holder & Oatcake Lover, Doyle wouldn't be a bad Signing for you i don't think..

Start your own thread Mate, you're in the Big time now & i see a few Red & White Stripes floating about on my travels in Thailand..:o

Edited by MSingh

Msingh dont mention oatcakes or else i will be slobbering everywhere lol.

30 million spent and 6 players just might help us to avoid relegation,coupled with the tremendous team spirit we can do it.

nobody likes us but do we care do we fxxk

Msingh dont mention oatcakes or else i will be slobbering everywhere lol.

30 million spent and 6 players just might help us to avoid relegation,coupled with the tremendous team spirit we can do it.

nobody likes us but do we care do we fxxk

But don't start thinking that, you sound like Millwall & you DO NOT want that Fella, trust me.. :o

Glen Little is the first to jump ship.

Just about to pen a new deal when Harry Redknapp nips in and gives him a one year deal.

Although he would probably have been a first choice starter next year for Reading I can't say I blame him for going, he only made 2 substitute appearances last year due to achilles problems and played no significant part in our demise,

He will only be a squad player at Pompey, but thet are also in Europe so he will get a few chances to shine.

Good luck Glen and thank you

Sorry to see you go :o

WITROSE TO SPONSER READING

Just been announced that the food chain Waitrose will become the first food retailer to sponse a football club.

Waitrose is not a company which operates mainly in the South of England, it's head office is in Bracknell, 11 miles from the club's ground.

Waitrose is a part of The John Lewis Partnership, who are known throughout the country.

I never thought I would see the day...I spent the first 14 years of my working life with Waitrose, in those days they had a policy of not spending one penny a year on advertising, my how times have changed......now I will be reminded of the pittance of a pension they will give me one day every time I pull on the shirt :o

To answer the question honestly now as to "Who's got all the pies"? WE HAVE :D

• 2 months later...

Just popping in to let anyone who missed it that Reading beat Sheffield Wednesday 6-0 last night.

Kevin Doyle scored his second consecutive hat trick at the Mad Stad.....a feat never achieved by any other player in the club's history.

Up to 4th, but our away form is woeful, if we are gonna be serious contenders we have to sort that out, at home we have won all our games.

Cheers

TP

Obviously attendances are a bit down.....but there is still enough of an atmosphere to ensure that its worth a goal start, bear in mind that Championship sides don't take up their full quota in a stadium like ours ...so we sound better ..and with 3 home wins out of 3 with 12 goals scored ....I am quite happy.

Can't wait to see the most bizzare "Goal" of the season that we were awarded at Watford today. Apparantly the ball went out of play , 4 yeard away from the goal. play goes on and the ref awards us a goal......really don't know much more than that , but it sounds freaky !!! But you take 'em all

Can't see it happening myself?

No, FA ruled it out today, just how on Earth can it happen in the first place?

A problematic precedent a few years ago between Arsenal and somebody else- FA Cup- throw in intercept- goal- game replayed-madness!!

Good Luck

Moss

Yes Moss, it was a cup game between Arsenal and Sheff Utd, Steve Bruce was Sheff Utd manager at the time.

Kanu ( I think) who was on as a sub in one of his first games for Arsenal was not aware of the "Gentlemanly Conduct" arrangement that we have in England.

A ball was put out of play by United so that an Arsenal player could receive medical attention. When play recommenced all the United players had moved upfield on the asumption that Kanu would throw the ball back to the United keeper.

WRONG, he threw it to Marc Overmars who had a clear run on goal with onlly the keeper to beat and scored.

In that situation Arsenal should really have given United a free goal. they did not. It was Wenger that offered the match to be replayed, after all the uproar after the game with Arsenal being branded as blatant cheats he was not ordered to as according to the rules Kanu did nothing wrong !!

It was not the same situation at Watford, all our players were doing was playing football, the bad call was by the linesman, nothing to do with Reading's unsporting conduct.

We got the rub...we did not get the rub when Poersmouth lost their last 4 league games last year...just happens they were in the FA Cup final...lost at home to Fulham on the last day of the season and we went down as a result of them NOT TRYING to win a football match.

Where do you draw the line on what is fair and what is not?

Yes Moss, it was a cup game between Arsenal and Sheff Utd, Steve Bruce was Sheff Utd manager at the time.

Yes TP that was the game.

as according to the rules Kanu did nothing wrong !!
That is also right, my comment was regarding the replay, results have to stand on there own merit and to the law of the game, the goal was given and the result should have stood, or where do you draw the line?
It was not the same situation at Watford, all our players were doing was playing football, the bad call was by the linesman, nothing to do with Reading's unsporting conduct.

Yup, I agree with that too, I do not think it was unsporting either.

Where do you draw the line on what is fair and what is not?

It can only muddy the already murky waters further.

Good Luck

Moss

• 2 months later...

Right now we are on fire (4 wins on the spin)...the banana skin is tomorrow when we meet Birmingham at St.Andrews.

1 point seperates us...if we win...and we did Wolves 3-0 away we will be second...can we stay there?

OK ...who knows...but there is now a massive gap between us and the team in 4th (6 points), but that will mean nothing in the play-offs, look where Hull City were this time last year....12th in the Fizzy

This is a real "6 Pointer" our record there is reasonable but not great.

It's on Sky Sports.....this is really our biggest game so far this season...3rd is not acceptable...Birmingham can be third I will settle for second. I am gonna miss it as I will be on a plane bound for blighty.

Oh...how I miss Saturday night football in LOS :o

I really want it back :D

Will I get it...who knows

Right now we are on fire (4 wins on the spin)...the banana skin is tomorrow when we meet Birmingham at St.Andrews.

1 point seperates us...if we win...and we did Wolves 3-0 away we will be second...can we stay there?

OK ...who knows...but there is now a massive gap between us and the team in 4th (6 points), but that will mean nothing in the play-offs, look where Hull City were this time last year....12th in the Fizzy

It's on Sky Sports.....this is really our biggest game so far this season...3rd is not acceptable...Birmingham can be third I will settle for second. I am gonna miss it as I will be on a plane bound for blighty.

I watched it last night here on Samui, it was on the SA Channel..

You played well enough & deserved to win even if you did ride your luck at times..

But your support was dreadful, no more than 300...

I watched it last night here on Samui, it was on the SA Channel..

You played well enough & deserved to win even if you did ride your luck at times..

But your support was dreadful, no more than 300...

300....remember the Spartans :D

I know our ticket allocation was sold out...maybe thats all we got? :D

• 2 weeks later...

well...last night I braved the minus 7 degree temperature to watch Reading v Watford.

It was worth every icy second :o Even though the hot chocolate at 1.50 a pop tasted like dishwater...at least it was hot :D

4-0...a great result, and considering it will be the only live game I see this year it was a great win, although we did not play anything like our best in the first half.

Attendance was only 18,500, but I put that down to the weather and the fact it was shown live on Sky.

We are very well placed now, lets see how Wolves and Brum get on today.

Leaving England tomorrow.....there is snow and ice everywhere here in Reading now...and its C O L D :D

Yep.....The battle for runners-up is really getting exciting

[/quote

Don't speak to soon...we have reduced Wolves 10 point lead to 4...and next Tuesday they come to the Mad Sad...I dont think they will be looking forward to that considering we beat them 3-0 away :o

However..I would settle for second place come May

I see it's not just the Wolves who have to avoid the odd banana skin..........

Sh@t happens.......a defeat like that ensures you dont get to carried away.

It seems anybody is capable of beating anybody in this league, though those Cardiff morons must be kicking themselves for conceding last minute goals against Reading and Birmingham . Four extra points and one lost by both of us could have made them contenders, but they blew it...can anyone imagine that mob in the EPL...does not bear thinking about :D

Brums BIG chance on Saturday to grab second spot again when they play Blackpool

Could go down to the wire....we play Brum at home ...on the last day of the season.

Unless one of us really fukcs up...its a three horse race for the two automatic spots...especially if we can beat Wolves next tuesday...and of course hang on to our "superstars " till the end of January :o

True, very true.

Wolves have not been good for some time now. The youngsters are being shoved off the ball far to easily in midfield.

The hopes for us lie with a hard central playmaker coming in before the window closes. If not, congrats to Reading on winning the league.

• 2 weeks later...

Every chance of us winning the league now after completing the double over Wolves last night.

Especially as our defence was torn to bits through injury and suspension. We ended up with only one regular in the back four after 20 minutes but Wolves never looked likely to score.

Only four points now seperate 1st and 3rd so this is now going to be a thrilling climax to the season to see which to make it automatically. At Xmas Wolves were 10 points clear ...we are now just 2 behind them.

Wolves are going through a bad patch no win in four, Birmingham have just come out of theirs witha win last night and we had ours at the begining of the season

I really am hoping we make it at the first attempt, otherwise we will definatley lose our best players in the summer, then it could take years to get back, same probably goes for Birmingham although they are a much wealthier club than us.