The Reading Fc Thread

ThaiPauly

Unlucj TP, sadly I got proved right on my pre season prediction. The funny thing is that Reading had a very erratic season, some good runs of results, along with some truly awful ones. To win like they did today must at least give the fans some hope.

P.S I wish it had be Fulham, but you have to give credit to Hodgson for pulling of that Houdini act.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers HH,

But Fulhan deserved it after the run they have put together.

I am absolutley gutted, I broke down in tears , its hard to contemplate what saturday nights in Chiang Mai are gonna be like next season.

I know mate, as anyone else does who'se been relegated, and we've had our share of that one.

As long as Coppell stays you won't fall apart , and then there's better times ahead.

And let's face it, you're going to be out on a limb next season, Chiang Mai is a better place than any other I can think of to be in that condition. :o

I know Harry,

It took us years to get out of it.

But if we can keep the majority of the players we have I reckon we could be contenders.

Sure as eggs are eggs Derby won't be !! We destroyed them yesterday, their fans were cheering when they got a corner!!!!

Still it will be fun locking horns with Alan Pardew and Neil Warnock again, the only trouble is that I will only see games when I am back in the UK, and thats only once a year when the season is on.

Oh well, life goes on, I am coming to terms with it now, losing at home to Fulham was our undoing, but it is harsh to be relegated by a 3 goal margin, ironically if we had not let 7 goals in at Pompey who could not manage even 1 yesterday ,again we would still be in the EPL.

I Hope Cardiff win the FA Cup now, that'll teach'em LOL

commiserations.

I had hoped reading would stay up. I like coppell, they play some decent football & have some good players (doyle, hunt, hahnemann etc).

they just seemed to be in free-fall for the latter stages of the season.

Hard luck TP. I think Fulham had Steve McQueen on their side.

Good luck for next season mate :D

Very unlucky TP, I agree Fulham certainly did well to get away with that. Good job they didn't have Steve McClown. :o

Very unlucky TP, I agree Fulham certainly did well to get away with that. Good job they didn't have Steve McClown. :D

Unlucky but you needed a partner for Kitson as the goals seemed to dry up untill yesterday. Why was Lita frozen out? Nevertheless of the three sides that have gone down I'd put money on Reading coming back next year as Birmingham have ownership problems and Derby are heading for third division obscurity. Luckily Fulham stayed up because- if they had taken the plunge -Al Fayed would have sued the British establishment, the Duke of Edinburgh and the premier league for planting Lawrie Sanchez on his club Millions of pounds of tax payers money would have been wasted :D (again) :o .

Very unlucky TP, I agree Fulham certainly did well to get away with that. Good job they didn't have Steve McClown. :D

Why was Lita frozen out?

Leroy had not scored since he bagged a brace against Man City in FEBRUARY 2007. :D

Then he fell out with the manager and was loaned out to Charlton.

Yesterday he looked very sharp and took his goal well, but he had several other chances to score that he did not take

...but hey it ain't hard to look sharp against Derby is it? :o

Cheers HH,

I am absolutley gutted, I broke down in tears , its hard to contemplate what saturday nights in Chiang Mai are gonna be like next season.

Still you never lose your colours, the Champonship will be difficult to get oout of but if we played like we did today every week we would never have got relegated, the passion and the will to win was evident.

Still it will save our stingy chairman having to shell out any money next year, he came up with virtually the same team he went down with.

and that was his UNDOING, HE has let all the Reading fans down.

Probably broke his leg falling off Cilla Black,,,seves the ass..hole right

could be worse i am life long Derby fan, glad i am in Samui and not Derby. like you say never lose your colors i took the glory in the 70s so have to take the bad times as well. as long as we beat forest next year all will be forgiven. i really think we should try and get Paul Ince. see you next season, amazingly we have already sold over 20,000 season tickets

Fair Play Nalak,

Your support is amazing considering your plight this season.

But I think your team needs a complete overhaul if you are going to make any kind of push for promotion.

Probably take a few seasons to get back amongst the contenders I reckon.

Fair Play Nalak,

Your support is amazing considering your plight this season.

But I think your team needs a complete overhaul if you are going to make any kind of push for promotion.

Probably take a few seasons to get back amongst the contenders I reckon.

good thing about a Derby fan is you get to visit all the divisions grounds. done over 70 myself. one consalation we have no stars to loose, part of the heart break of relegation is seeing all the good players sold off. just 15-20 changes should do it. My mate worked with Paul Ince at wolves, maccelsfield and now MK Dons. done wonders as a manager will be snapped up soon but i rate him for what he has acheived in the lower divisions.

good luck for next season

Why was Lita frozen out?

Leroy had not scored since he bagged a brace against Man City in FEBRUARY 2007. :D

Yesterday he looked very sharp and took his goal well, but he had several other chances to score that he did not take

I'm hoping AP will sign Lita, he scored 3 times in 8 appearances for us whilst on loan.

Why was Lita frozen out?

I'm hoping AP will sign Lita, he scored 3 times in 8 appearances for us whilst on loan.

I really hope you dont :D

He looks quality against Championship sides :D

Hard luck Pauly.

I know how it feels for your team to go down on goal difference.

Sheff Utd were relegated last year the same.

Actually, we threw it away against Wigan in the last game.

I was hoping to see Fulham to drop,,,,been up there far too long.

See you next season down here in the fiz,

Cheers Soihok

I forgot they called it the "Fizzy".

How darn degrading.

Still loads of ex-EPL sides in there now,

Charlton

Southampton

Derby

Sheff Utd

Watford

Ipswich

Palace

Reading

and others......

As everyone says...it is a difficult league to get out of

Hi TP,

You'll have to get the South African Satellite system, as they show Champiuonship games on there. As with NALAK I too am a DCFC fan, as he said, took the glory in the 70's so have to take the cr*p now.

Will be interesting to see the antic's when DCFC play Forest, especially if Commons signs for the Rams.

The season was dire for us, but along with other Rams fans, hoping for better next season.

Will drop you a line when next back in CM and hopefully get out for a beer.

Cheers

Mickmac

Rumour is that Lita may end back up at Bristol City for a fee of 2mil if they get promoted. He's def a good striker at Championship level, and had a good firST season in the EPL.

Cheers HH,

Still you never lose your colours, the Champonship will be difficult to get oout of but if we played like we did today every week we would never have got relegated, the passion and the will to win was evident.

Still it will save our stingy chairman having to shell out any money next year, he came up with virtually the same team he went down with.

and that was his UNDOING, HE has let all the Reading fans down.

Probably broke his leg falling off Cilla Black,,,seves the ass..hole right

could be worse i am life long Derby fan, glad i am in Samui and not Derby. like you say never lose your colors i took the glory in the 70s so have to take the bad times as well. as long as we beat forest next year all will be forgiven. i really think we should try and get Paul Ince. see you next season, amazingly we have already sold over 20,000 season tickets

You've got no chance of that.

Hard luck to Reading, the season is long and eventually teams get found out !! Just like us yam yam's did :o

Here,s some good news for you T.P.

BBC SPORTS, updated at 14:04 GMT, Tuesday, 20 May 2008 15:04 UK

Coppell commits future to Reading

Madejski delighted to hold on to Coppell

Reading have confirmed that manager Steve Coppell will remain at the club next season.

His future was in doubt after Reading were relegated from the Premier League, but Coppell will stay to spearhead a promotion challenge.

"I'm very pleased to be staying," said the 52-year-old.

"After the end of the season I needed time to reflect and think about what was the best course of action for both myself and for Reading Football Club."

Chairman John Madejski added: "I'm delighted to say Steve Coppell has come to terms with us and is honouring his contract to stay for another term.

"The vast majority of people thought he would have gone if we went down but he hasn't and he wants to see the job through.

"He now has a job to get us back into the Premier League again."

Coppell, who has been in charge of Reading for nearly five years and has 12 months remaining on his current contract, guided them to the top flight two seasons ago and to a magnificent eighth-place finish last year.

But Reading were consigned to the Championship on the final day of the current campaign, with Fulham's victory at Portsmouth rendering the Royals' victory over Derby meaningless.

Nevertheless, Coppell has remained a favourite with the fans and he revealed that their support did have some influence on his decision.

"The reaction of the supporters had a bearing on my decision, as did my relationship with the chairman and everyone at the club," he said.

"I'm now looking forward to the new season and the significant challenge of trying to regain our place in the Premier League."

Reading have also announced they are cutting season ticket and match ticket prices for next season.

The vast majority of adult season tickets have been cut by £120, while an adult match ticket has fallen to £23 in most areas, down from the 2007/8 maximum of £37.

"With Steve Coppell once again at the helm, we anticipate an exciting and memorable season," added Madejski.

"We hope to have as many Reading fans right behind us as we aim to win promotion back to the Premier League."

Unquote.

As not only a manager but a human being i personally think Steve has always been a good role model.

Good luck next season when, on the looks of things, your club should have a great chance of competing for one of the top slots and promotion.

Just to add,

If you go to the ref url there,s an audio to listen to from your chairman at Reading. ( 7 mins )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ing/7398304.stm

marshbags :o

P.S.

I,ll bet S.C. could be spending some of his break in Pattaya at a certain Irish bar.

If anyone needs to be reminded of what being a chairman of a particular club is all about ( at ownership level ), here is a classic demonstration of the motivation they already have to get behind them, all that it involves, along with the obvious love of it all.

IMHO, of course.

Edited by marshbags

Cheers MB,

Long time no hear, glad Wednesday beat the drop.

From what I have read on the West Ham forum he has already been to Pattaya to think about his future!!

Yes I am really happy he is staying, if we can keep the majority of who we have now we may do OK next year.

But although the bookies will make us strong favourites for a quick return it won't be a walk in the park by any means.

You really have to FIGHT HARD to get out of the Fizzy

From what I have read on the West Ham forum he has already been to Pattaya to think about his future!!

I had also heard he had been seen 'talent spotting' in Pattaya again. (He was also there in 2006).

post-61198-1211388568_thumb.jpg

Fair Play, Good Ole Boy even bought us all drinks. :o

Edited by thecatman

I think he will either go to you or Newcastle United, but to be fair, he ain't worth what he was worth this time last year...he had a dreadful season...many fans thought he really was not bothered what happened to us.

I don't think we will miss him that much, and if he wants out...then thats that.

We missed Steve Sidwell far more than we will miss Shorey.

Many of us believe that had he not left we would not have gone down, but there is another school of thought that says that if Jimmy Bullard and Brian McBride had not missed 80% of the season Fulham would have finished higher than they did anyway..so who knows...what Is is what IS....unfortunatley!

I think he will either go to you or Newcastle United, but to be fair, he ain't worth what he was worth this time last year...he had a dreadful season...many fans thought he really was not bothered what happened to us.

Got to say that he was rated on one good season when the whole team was doing well. I don't think that West Ham should take a risk at anything over £3 mil. Or some sort of player exchange .

Nigel Quashie may be available I hear. :o

Got to say that he was rated on one good season when the whole team was doing well. I don't think that West Ham should take a risk at anything over £3 mil. Or some sort of player exchange .

Nigel Quashie may be available I hear. :o

and Callum Davenport! though he has broken his neck, a distinct disadvantage in the championship. :D

• 4 weeks later...