IS video shows troops' deaths in Syria archaeological site

Lite Beer

IS video shows troops' deaths in Syria archaeological site

BEIRUT (AP) — A video posted online Saturday purporteThe Islamic State group posted a video online on Saturday purportedly shows Islamic State fighters killing some 25 Syrian government soldiers in the historic town of Palmyra in central Syria.

The video showed the soldiers being taken in pickup trucks from the town's notorious Tadmur prison to the amphitheater. At the theater, they were shot dead by young IS members armed with pistols. Hundreds of people were seen watching the killings.

The video did not indicate when the killings took place. The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said these shootings took place on May 27.

The Associated Press reported in May that scores of Syrian troops and state employees were killed in the days after the Islamic State group captured the town on May 27.

Palmyra is a UNESCO world heritage site famous for its 2,000-year-old Roman colonnades, other ruins and priceless artifacts.

The capture of Palmyra has raised concern that the militants might try to destroy one of the Mideast's most spectacular archaeological sites — a well-preserved, Roman-era city on the town's edge — as they have destroyed other pre-Islamic ancient monuments elsewhere in Syria and Iraq.

On Thursday, IS said its militants had destroyed six archaeological pieces from Palmyra that were confiscated from a smuggler.

The shootings in the video took place inside the archaeological site and the troops, some of whom had bruises and blood on their faces apparently as a result of beating, were made to kneel in front of a giant IS black flag before being shot in the back of their heads.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-07-05

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

TERROR group ISIS have been given a taste of their own brutal medicine after a rival jihadist group in Syria released a brutal video showing the execution of 18 ISIS members.

http://www.news.com.au/world/syrian-rival-jihadi-group-jaysh-al-islam-execute-isis-fighters-in-brutal-role-reversal-video/story-fndir2ev-1227428595510

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

TERROR group ISIS have been given a taste of their own brutal medicine after a rival jihadist group in Syria released a brutal video showing the execution of 18 ISIS members.

http://www.news.com.au/world/syrian-rival-jihadi-group-jaysh-al-islam-execute-isis-fighters-in-brutal-role-reversal-video/story-fndir2ev-1227428595510

Like it. What I mean is, 'this' is probably effective against them. Islamist war methods being used against Islamists. ISIS has its chest puffed out, has become used to standing over humiliated people who are on their knees and are about to be executed. One of my recent posts talked of how I believe that ISIS views the west as fearfull lambs to a coming slaughter, and this only encourages recruitment among losers amongst us in the west who seek empowerment through the rise of this wannabe Khalifa. Until they truly fear us, nothing changes.

Western leaders want to try and dissuade people through all sorts of roundabout 'initiatives', when for some people it is too late, too far gone, and they need to taste the bitter pill they wish to dose everyone else up with. If a UK family shows up wholesale in the Khalifa after going missing, fret not, nor waste one more moment on them but burn their citizenship immediately. ISIS are using methods that Tamerlane would have recognised. Why? Because he conquered his chosen targets effectively with them. Psychological terror. Our nations don't want to go there, even in the short term and if they did go there covertly that has been shutdown now for fear of how it makes us look. We're afraid of 'becoming' them, a profound fear of self imagined image and how others view us.

While our theorists in the west sit around pondering ways to counter ISIS media or close websites as holidaying Brits are gunned down, other Islamists just very publically dragged captured ISIS members in shackles to an execution ground and humiliated them in their own slick black costumes. Who 'strikes fear into hearts'?

^^ the gloves should come off...the so called "rules of war" tossed to the wayside and fight fire with fire.

The bleeding hearts will be aghast at this.....until the river of blood flows in front of them..then they will wish...if only..........

Halloween. The problem is that the western societies, do not want to be as

barbaric as the ISIL and other terrorist groups are. Another problems is that many

millions were spent in the last several years in that general area, and USA, Canada or some

others countries, do not,

want to waste more millions, without some good results. These terror groups

could be weakened from within, but that would have to be done in a

sort of barbaric manner, so I guess that won't happen, and so the old

bombing, and shooting campaign will have to keep on being the only way

to combat them. We have people in the world who still think that we should

somehow negotiate with these terrorist groups. I tell these people to buy a one way

ticket to Turkey or somewhere close and go negotiate until the cows come home,

or until their headless bodies are all sent back to North America.

Fighting violence with violence generally only works if one side is eradicated...

..........so what's the problem, then?

Well, in short, the problem seems to me to be, "Lack of commitment" on the part of those wishing ISIS didn't exist.

Halloween. The problem is that the western societies, do not want to be as

barbaric as the ISIL and other terrorist groups are. Another problems is that many

millions were spent in the last several years in that general area, and USA, Canada or some

others countries, do not,

want to waste more millions, without some good results. These terror groups

could be weakened from within, but that would have to be done in a

sort of barbaric manner, so I guess that won't happen, and so the old

bombing, and shooting campaign will have to keep on being the only way

to combat them. We have people in the world who still think that we should

somehow negotiate with these terrorist groups. I tell these people to buy a one way

ticket to Turkey or somewhere close and go negotiate until the cows come home,

or until their headless bodies are all sent back to North America.

The leaders of Western societies "do not want to use barbaric methods". I can understand this.

But the West in any dealings with barbarism has no choice.

Either fight using barbaric methods or be exterminated. NO OTHER CHOICE! It is very simple. And so we are told.

Now, - bombings, shootings, using the latest technological warfare - is not only barbaric but very costly and ineffective.

Ineffective to the point of being useless. The West, its Leaders and Generals know this.

Persisting in doing what they are doing is murder, is barbaric, is immoral, is costly to their people.

But profitable to the Military Industrial Complex. So the mutual extermination will go on and on and on...

BUT THERE IS A CHOICE! There is an alternative in which nobody has to kill or be killed.

And this is exactly why it is not suitable for our Leaders. It is never discussed. Never even mentioned in Mass Media.

Fine. I am an old man. I can afford to sit on the side and watch the show. I find it quite entertaining. giggle.gifclap2.gifcoffee1.gif