why is los becoming a rubbish dump

opalred

over the years here i have travelled most places in los and asia

hard to find a clean beach to swim

the dumping of rubbish every where

flies mozzies rats every where

how come you go to vietnam clean beaches no flies mozzies rats cockroaches clean streets no rubbish

Visit tent city in Hanoi OP....its not all a rosy picture but does seem Vietnam has a cohesive plan in place regards tourist development.

For Thailand its been a cash fest for thirty years with crazy abandon.

It's down to a series of choices by the people. I see it as a "me first" mentality that some try to explain as part of "Thainess". I don't see any explanation other than selfishness.

Maybe someone will tell me different.

It's down to a series of choices by the people. I see it as a "me first" mentality that some try to explain as part of "Thainess". I don't see any explanation other than selfishness.

I agree with Neversure. A lot of people here do not give a poop about the poop they are just discarding. I have in recent months read about how Thai's are offended by the Chinese for their lack of "Thai-ness". Well I noticed a Thai father walk his child up into a business parking area to take a pee one evening, my wife was not impressed; now this is a small problem to me but then I remembered that if he had just took the kid to the opposite side of the soi there were free toilets! I am not Thai bashing but sometimes I do sometimes wonder, who, what, where, when and how Thailand will ever pull themselves out of this mind set of "Thai-ness and realize to just act, think and behave rational. Thank god my wife worked outside of Thailand and has seen how things can work otherwise I would either be broke, dead or back home remembering all the crazy poop I have seen over here in the last 10 years.

its no different than the west was a few generations ago and there it took government regulation to get people to stop littering

Like many rules , regulations or laws, in order for them to be effective you need someone to enforce them, and thats what is lacking, actual enforcement with significant penalties is seldom done.

No consequence, no need to conform to said rules.

Like many rules , regulations or laws, in order for them to be effective you need someone to enforce them, and thats what is lacking, actual enforcement with significant penalties is seldom done.

No consequence, no need to conform to said rules.

and for years we had no enforcement either

Laziness might be more apt, I stood in Tesco car park a few weeks back with my 87 yr old Mother who commented on all the rubbish everywhere, we watched a couple of people mid thirties eat and ice cream in a cup thing then they both dropped them over the wall of the car park when done, i see the kids chuck stuff on the floor with the parents full acceptance. LAZY nothing more, cant walk more than 1 metre form a car park space either, double park, park in the disabled bay or baby bay etc yes MOST are lazy. No doubt some <deleted> will now tell me they work 6 days a week (at half speed, time n motion study required) 12 hours a day etc etc.

I agree with Neversure. A lot of people here do not give a poop about the poop they are just discarding. I have in recent months read about how Thai's are offended by the Chinese for their lack of "Thai-ness". Well I noticed a Thai father walk his child up into a business parking area to take a pee one evening, my wife was not impressed; now this is a small problem to me but then I remembered that if he had just took the kid to the opposite side of the soi there were free toilets! I am not Thai bashing but sometimes I do sometimes wonder, who, what, where, when and how Thailand will ever pull themselves out of this mind set of "Thai-ness and realize to just act, think and behave rational. Thank god my wife worked outside of Thailand and has seen how things can work otherwise I would either be broke, dead or back home remembering all the crazy poop I have seen over here in the last 10 years.

I watched a guy at a PTT station do the same within 20 yards of the PTT toilets!!!

Go to Ceylon or India and you know what a dumpster place looks like...my Cha Am is still ok...

Thats what many of the Thais would answer, they will try to quote a worse place rather than accept the truth, its a sh**hole same with the driving even my Wife will say "No Thailand not the worst India worse", funny but sad...............hey we aint bottom but second from

I love how western folks are always so incensed when other nations do exactly what they did in previous generations! Once they decide what they were doing was wrong and clean up their act, they have no patience with anyone else who might not have arrived at the same point they have at the same time! lol. Just watch! By this time next year Americans will be screaming bloody murder at any country that doesnt recognize same sex marriage! lol

Edited by AYJAYDEE

its no different than the west was a few generations ago and there it took government regulation to get people to stop littering

Perhaps, but the selfish behavior in Thailand extends far beyond their propensity for throwing trash on the ground...

It's kind of ironic, but I have seen some Thais lately picking up trash in public places and throwing it in the rubbish bin, while cursing the Chinese...

Perhaps, but the selfish behavior in Thailand extends far beyond their propensity for throwing trash on the ground...

It's kind of ironic, but I have seen some Thais lately picking up trash in public places and throwing it in the rubbish bin, while cursing the Chinese...

nonsense!

the culture is not to care about others. listen to loud music in supermarkets, temples, wedding and fairs. they don't care that they are damaging peoples hearing permanatntly

watch the road, if you are not in a car all drivers will drive at you expecting you to give way, rather than making way for pedestrians, they don't care you might get hurt, they only care that they want to drive somewhere

watch as the driver stops in the middle of raod blockking all traffic to visit 7 11 or local breakfast shop for takeaway. they don't care that they are blocking all other traffic and potentially causuing a danger to others, they don't care

watch the news as you realise that officals would rather save face than admit any corruption exists in governermant ,k police, army etc. they don't care about injustices such as locking up innocent people, or people losing life savings to ridicuolo7us liable laws. they just don't care.

I enjoy my life here in Thailand, so not complaining about it, so not leaving, but if you are asking why the place is becoming a rubbish dump? its because they don't care, or perhaps just culturally they don't notice, or don't give a frog .

in past 12yrs when get blues about 3or4 mnts i traveli . have a house with wife in north to return to

the last trip in los was to rubbish dump pattaya

now i find it better to go to vietnam beachers cheap and clean

i took 2 old friends there from oz they before always came to los

like me they said will now only go to vietnam were shocked to see so clean and friendly

i was on a beach one day a small girl came selling tiger balma older women stayed back waching her

i felt so bad and small when i beconed her to come over with the childas i was buying the product

she had a smile on seeing her she was burnt allover from napalm

i know as one made to go there

they hold no hate ibloody would

You should see Thai family's with todlers eating in Sizzlers. Then litterally the whole floor is full of food, they let the kid throw it all over the floor and don't care at all that it is a restaurant...

Or the ones who only eat free salad and bring the meal home in a box.

But compared to India it is still clean and tidy.

they hold no hate I bloody would

No one hates dollars.wink.png

eg. apparently they see no irony or hyprocrisy in accepting U.S. currency for admittance to the Anti-American Imperialist War Atrocities Museum there.

the culture is not to care about others. listen to loud music in supermarkets, temples, wedding and fairs. they don't care that they are damaging peoples hearing permanatntly

watch the road, if you are not in a car all drivers will drive at you expecting you to give way, rather than making way for pedestrians, they don't care you might get hurt, they only care that they want to drive somewhere

watch as the driver stops in the middle of raod blockking all traffic to visit 7 11 or local breakfast shop for takeaway. they don't care that they are blocking all other traffic and potentially causuing a danger to others, they don't care

watch the news as you realise that officals would rather save face than admit any corruption exists in governermant ,k police, army etc. they don't care about injustices such as locking up innocent people, or people losing life savings to ridicuolo7us liable laws. they just don't care.

I enjoy my life here in Thailand, so not complaining about it, so not leaving, but if you are asking why the place is becoming a rubbish dump? its because they don't care, or perhaps just culturally they don't notice, or don't give a frog .

your post was nothing but complaining

they hold no hate I bloody would

No one hates dollars.wink.png

eg. apparently they see no irony or hyprocrisy in accepting U.S. currency for admittance to the Anti-American Imperialist War Atrocities Museum there.

why would they?. america should be giving them far more dollars to make up for their chemical warfare! barbarians!

I love how western folks are always so incensed when other nations do exactly what they did in previous generations! Once they decide what they were doing was wrong and clean up their act, they have no patience with anyone else who might not have arrived at the same point they have at the same time! lol. Just watch! By this time next year Americans will be screaming bloody murder at any country that doesnt recognize same sex marriage! lol

Agree with you in principle, though most foreigners are outside looking in when it comes to the society here, Makes the entire discussion even more redundant. Until someone decides to impart on the people that love of the country extends to not littering rather than just words, it will perpetuate. But Just like the various fads that run through thailand when it comes time for litter to be the it issue, it will be integrated with revisionist abandon.

Which in this case... meh, I can live with that.

nonsense!

You right of course, in a country of 67 million people, every one of them is the same... coffee1.gif