Yamaha Tricity Discontinued in Thailand?

According to two dealers Yamaha will no longer market the Tricity in Thailand. People were not interested.

Someone ask me if parts and service would be available to those that were sold. My response was I assume so, but then got me to thinking. While not many Tricitys were sold, it would be hard to believe Yamaha would abandon support.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I think Yamaha will support this bike as long as it is feasible...This Model Was Ugly and expensive..If the 2 wheels were on the rear they may have sold more? Certainly Not a Popular Bike!

I think Yamaha will support this bike as long as it is feasible...This Model Was Ugly and expensive..If the 2 wheels were on the rear they may have sold more? Certainly Not a Popular Bike!

Yamaha will give support to those who have bought one. Don't need to worry about that. If they don't, people might think twice before buying a Yamaha. They are too big to have negative publicity.

Two wheels in the front have it's purpose. It makes riding on slippery roads much safer for many. You see these kind of bikes a lot in Paris where the streets are very slippery because of the way they are build.

Edited by Nickymaster

I'm sure all the dealers will clutter up their store rooms with parts for a bike nobody bought.

It's not as if they're in business to make money, they just want to be liked.

No they won't do that, but they will order the parts from Yamaha Thailand, just means you will have to wait for your parts to come to the shop

It's a pity as the concept was a good one. Just that the final product wasn't up to par.

A redesign of it at 150cc, it being able to support itself (from what I've read/heard).

And it would be more popular.

I would much rather see school kids be using them than their 2 wheeled scooters.

Edited by DLang

I'm sure all the dealers will clutter up their store rooms with parts for a bike nobody bought.

It's not as if they're in business to make money, they just want to be liked.

From my experience the dealers here stock virtually no spares and all have to be ordered

That layout ( 2 wheels up front) is very popular in Paris - most scooters I saw last your were like that

what a load of tosh......you must have gone round squinting and wearing blinkers, with an eye patch on.....

Really??

Paris is now absolutely chock-full of the things as the MP3 appears to have become the scooter of choice for the city. The advantages of having an extra front wheel are many - stability and ease of use being top of the list. Now Yamaha has joined the party with a trike of its own, and the incoming Tricity pushes out the boundaries on a couple of fronts that should see it adopted by a lot more commuters than just the early-adopters attracted to the MP3 and Spyder.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/bikes/65940707/yamahas-trike-bike-oddity-is-a-car-in-nz

As a result, it’s sold 150,000 to date, making it the most popular scooter in Europe, particularly in France, where they’re more common than baguettes and mistresses – making Paris the obvious choice for the launch of the latest version.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring/review-piaggio-mp3-latest-three-wheeler-3826848

Edited by Nickymaster

That layout ( 2 wheels up front) is very popular in Paris - most scooters I saw last your were like that

what a load of tosh......you must have gone round squinting and wearing blinkers, with an eye patch on.....

Really??

Paris is now absolutely chock-full of the things as the MP3 appears to have become the scooter of choice for the city. The advantages of having an extra front wheel are many - stability and ease of use being top of the list. Now Yamaha has joined the party with a trike of its own, and the incoming Tricity pushes out the boundaries on a couple of fronts that should see it adopted by a lot more commuters than just the early-adopters attracted to the MP3 and Spyder.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/bikes/65940707/yamahas-trike-bike-oddity-is-a-car-in-nz

As a result, it’s sold 150,000 to date, making it the most popular scooter in Europe, particularly in France, where they’re more common than baguettes and mistresses – making Paris the obvious choice for the launch of the latest version.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring/review-piaggio-mp3-latest-three-wheeler-3826848

Absolutely right. Everytime I'm in Paris, I see tons of such scooters. It makes a lot of sense as a lot of the main streets even, are cobbled stones and extremely slippery when wet as well as not being evenly paved. Heck, even on foot, one can slip after a rainfall.

Really??

Very popular in Paris see them often on the freeways as well as inner city.

• 7 months later...