Father faces deportation to Thailand after 27 years in Britain for two 'stupid crimes'

webfact

Father faces deportation to Thailand after 27 years in Britain for two 'stupid crimes'
CAHAL MILMO

PRESTON: -- As a young boy, Jalin Beaksantia would often be left to sleep in his mother’s car parked on the driveway of a Thai restaurant in Preston while she worked inside.

It was just one hardship in a hardscrabble upbringing which saw Jalin move to Lancashire from Thailand days after his sixth birthday following the marriage of his mother, Kattika, to a Briton.

They arrived in Preston nearly three decades ago with “Indefinite Leave to Remain” stamped in their passports. The marriage failed and Kattika fell into the alcoholism – it eventually took her life – and left her such an incapable mother that her only child asked social services himself to be taken into care at the age of 11.

Despite his difficult childhood, Mr Beaksantia, now 33, made efforts to make something of his life, graduating from catering college and in recent years settling down with his partner, Hannah, and their toddler son, Kai. His guiding aspiration, according to his family, was that he should be the sort of hands-on, caring parent that his mother all too rarely was.

Full story: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/father-faces-deportation-to-thailand-after-27-years-in-britain-for-two-stupid-crimes-10367521.html

-- THE INDEPENDENT 2015-07-06

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What can one say.....he's going to face a very tough life here....!.....

I assume his child has British rights and will stay.

Immigrants globally are under the spotlight all the time....one small error of judgement, and your rights vanish

After reading the full story, sounds like the sort of loser that deserves what he gets.

Separate convictions for assault and stealing from a shop.

This is not one small error of judgement.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I wish Australia would do the same, instead, what you have three is a bunch of liberals and

soft hearted whom, somehow defends the ' new Australians ' criminal behavior with

a ' fair go ' BS, while the very same criminals are living safe and sucking on the social

securities tits dry thumbing their noses at the authorities...

Sounds like three crimes, including assault. Might be a nice dad, but a crappy citizen. And as he is not a citizen, time to head home, even if it is a home he has never really known. He won't be the only Thai who doesn't speak Thai - and yes, he can always teach English. Heaven knows this country needs that.

Shows that Britain is still ruled by the same bs mentality that transported poor citizens across the world while the wealthy plundered their way through the rest of the world. And what's amazing is seeing people on Thai visa condone it Unbelievable ! His crimes weren't that bloody serious. Brits bash and rob each other every day of the week <deleted> ! It's part of the culture ! Wake up you Brit butt lickers you are ruled and played like pawns by Etonites and they would toss you to the lions too without a second thought. Stand up for what is right for once !

There is no law that fits all scenarios. This case is not what the deport-now-appeal-later had in mind when it was crafted.

If he had arrived in the UK as an adult, he'd deserve what he gets, but the UK is the only home he knows as he arrived there at age 6.

His mistake was not naturalising years ago.

Thailand does the same. Break the law and you are in prison until you can fund your own deportation. We all know this and understand the consequences of breaking the law.

It is time that immigrants to "Western" countries with all the benefits they are awarded, said "thanks" and behaved.

Sounds like three crimes, including assault. Might be a nice dad, but a crappy citizen. And as he is not a citizen, time to head home, even if it is a home he has never really known. He won't be the only Thai who doesn't speak Thai - and yes, he can always teach English. Heaven knows this country needs that.

Well, there's the funny and sad thing...I bet he could teach English better than some foreigners herre, but he wouldn't be allowed as he is not a NES! (Native English speaker).

Besides, I'm not sure the kids here could handle a Lancashire accent.

This is wrong on so many levels ... and another reason I detest the UK.

His crimes were no different from 1,000's of others that Britons commit on a daily basis, so jail him ... or fine him ... but he hasn't killed anyone, and doesn't deserve to be deported, especially as he is the father OF a British child, that will (now, presumably) lose his father.

sounds like just the type thailand have in their work force, i see itm want it i take it. no buy out of jail/deportation where ha is . time to go home and enjoy your free lifestyle of doing pretty much what you want to do . he might want to change name or at least carry a couple id, he will fit in some group with similar morals here in the LOS

Shows that Britain is still ruled by the same bs mentality that transported poor citizens across the world while the wealthy plundered their way through the rest of the world. And what's amazing is seeing people on Thai visa condone it Unbelievable ! His crimes weren't that bloody serious. Brits bash and rob each other every day of the week <deleted> ! It's part of the culture ! Wake up you Brit butt lickers you are ruled and played like pawns by Etonites and they would toss you to the lions too without a second thought. Stand up for what is right for once !

His crimes weren't serious? Hello? Violent physical harm and theft is indeed serious. You believe that UK citizens bashing and robbing is acceptable. The victims of the crimes disagree. What is right is protecting society from a violent thief. The man is unemployable because he is both a thief and violent. If you want to support him , go right ahead, but English taxpayers do not.

Nothing stopped this twit from applying from citizenship. He could have applied 20+ years ago. He chose not to. He is not a citizen of England. He has not shown himself to be peaceful or law abiding. Good bye and good riddance. He'll fit in very nicely in Thailand. He can take his chav "partner" when he leaves.

What strikes me about this is is the inaction of his 'father' who brought his mother and Jalin to the UK 27 years ago. Mother dies and the boy asks social services himself to take him in. Where's the British father who enabled his wife and her child to move to the UK? His responsibilities as a father are immoral and indicative of the social decay of the UK.

Edited by BKKBrit

This is wrong on so many levels ... and another reason I detest the UK.

His crimes were no different from 1,000's of others that Britons commit on a daily basis, so jail him ... or fine him ... but he hasn't killed anyone, and doesn't deserve to be deported, especially as he is the father OF a British child, that will (now, presumably) lose his father.

This guy really needed to have been more careful.

As a father, with responsibilities, he shouldn't have stolen over 2,000 pounds, or assaulted anyone.

I don't believe that murder is the line which defines when someone should be deported either.

Within this framework, anything up to murder is permissible, does this include rape/pedophilia - at what point do countries have the right to remove undesirable non citizens?

The nature of all defined crime is that it labels people who are not considered conforming.

If non citizens don't conform, they should be made to leave.

I am from Preston. I know a little of the background to this story.

His English step father was a drunken bully,

His mother much the same.

Poor bugger did not get a good start in life, so please give him a break.

Deport first, appeal later Law right??? same like shoot first, ask questions later... I really think people of the same ethnicity should stay in their appropriate regions and not migrate... unless it is very very special special circumstances!!! Anyway when cultures and tradition clash there are a lot of problems which cannot be solved... in one's own society, religious beliefs, traditions and societal norms can find answers or solutions, might not be the best but won't make things worse. Anyway it is sad to know the mother committed suicide... and the child was left on his own within the Childcare system or whatever... anyway this is what happens when you are out of you society...

This is a tough one ... on a human level .. since he has been Britain since he was 6. In other words, he is British ... maybe not in the strictest legal sense of the word .. but in the world of common sense .. yes.

I only mention this to those people posting as though he is an immigrant who crossed the border, did crimes and deserves to be deported.

I really believe the Thai government should say "No thank you" ... we do not want your trash .. his father was British, and we elect to see him as British.

To the people saying "He is a good guy getting screwed" open a shop and put him in charge. Just do not be surprised when it does not make any money, but he drives a BMW.

Thailand, and the Expats who live here long enough to cal it home, have families here .. etc .. say "No thank you" ... keep this guy, who is actually British .. right where he is .. we do not want your garbage.

This leopard is not going to change his spots.

Edited by Guest

After reading the story I feel that for all intents and purposes he is a British citizen, though not technically, so what the government is doing is wrong given these minor offenses especially given that this will deprive his son of a father and throw him into a country where he won't be able to speak Thai, for a time at least.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but so be it, that's how I feel.

Also is this story trying to get the sympathy of the Britons, I say reciprocate whatever thailand does.....when foreigners are accussed of crimes that they have not even done in thailand, they are deported and blacklisted and sometimes jailed.

You can take them to another country when they are young and raise them yet the inert values in their society and culture will still persists in them ie cheating, stealing, scamming, corruption, etc. Lol!

post-145190-0-96390300-1436146525_thumb.