Thai Army chief says dissident students not foes

webfact

Army chief says dissident students not foes

296460-imagejpeg-461343-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Army commander-in-chief Gen Udomdej Seetabutr said dissident students are not foes but sons who are the future of the country.

The army chief and also deputy defence minister stated today after he was asked to comment on security officials pondering legal action against the 14 defiant student activists now detained at Bangkok Remand Centre.

He said authorities are in the process of considering legal action against them, while other relevant officials are also looking into an appropriate solution as they are considered to be youths.

Security officials did not look at them as Foes, but sons who will become the future of the country, he said.

But Gen Udomdej maintained that if their movement is a threat to peace and order, and breaks the law, then action has to be taken to stop it from widening and to ensure that national security is not threatened.

He affirmed that the government and the National Council for Peace and Order were not reluctant to fight with any side but merely to resolve all problems to bring complete democracy in the country.

He asked for cooperation from their teachers or any persons coming out to voice comments on these dissident students to do it appropriately, as some have good intention and some have hidden agendas.

He then called for a halt in voicing any comment that could jeopardise peace and order.

Gen Udomdej said there is also a certain group of students in Chiang Mai coming out to support the 14 dissident students.

But they still gave cooperation to authorities to move within the framework of law which is acceptable, he said.

However there is also another anti dissident student group coming out to show its symbolic protest, he said and added that government authorities are monitoring the two groups closely and did not want to see conflict to happen between the two groups.

He compared the current anti-government and anti-military junta movement which are resolving conflicts and problems in the country to a doctor who is conducting a surgery to save the life of a victim, but is obstructed by them.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/army-chief-says-dissident-students-not-foes

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-06

Then as sons of the future of Thailand, they should be commended for their stance....and not sent to trial in a military court.

This article indicates the absolute hypocrisy of the controlling junta.

Really? I thought they were evil lackeys of the bogey man in Dubai like the sycophants on here keep telling us? Still waiting for evidence of that. Or is it now plain to see that they are just not happy with this Dword-ship that has grasped Thailand.

Free the students!

Then why are they being detained.....stop your cock and bull story...

Thai officialdom tends to make a situation bad or a bad situation worse by a ) acting without thinking things through and b ) continually talking, often in circles.

Things are worse when we consider the country is being run by senior military officers who are supposed to have been trained to think things through but they way the operate i can't imagine them handling a major armed conflict in defence of the nation.

Really? I thought they were evil lackeys of the bogey man in Dubai like the sycophants on here keep telling us? Still waiting for evidence of that. Or is it now plain to see that they are just not happy with this Dword-ship that has grasped Thailand.

Free the students!

yes free them, after the promise to be good students and go to university learning something instead of making troubles.

Free the students!

yes free them, after the promise to be good students and go to university learning something instead of making troubles.

Yes. Be good little students. Don't ever use critical thinking and question anything. Tow the line, shut up, do what you're told.

Just like a true dwordship.

They are not foes but they are a threat to national security and must be detained for an undetermined length of time? The Words and the Action are not consistent. They say actions speak louder than words. Ergo.......

Another delusional leader who has bought his way to the top with tainted money keeping the propaganda wheels turning. General, why don't you and your cronies.go off and play armies with the adults and leave the children alone? That is if you have the gonads to do it.

How convenient is the anti-dissident students group! PDRC, come back to help us again!

No thank you. I don't wanna see Sutheps ugly mug plastered everywhere again while he spouts his hypocritical nonsense.

In case you did not notice I was being sarcastic.... what I mean is the junta calling the PDRC for help again as anti-dissident protesters.

How convenient is the anti-dissident students group! PDRC, come back to help us again!

No thank you. I don't wanna see Sutheps ugly mug plastered everywhere again while he spouts his hypocritical nonsense.

In case you did not notice I was being sarcastic.... what I mean is the junta calling the PDRC for help again as anti-dissident protesters.

Ahh sorry. Long morning :D

Why? They broke the law. The Junta's Law. How many constitutions Thailand has had? Never mind that.

It is the Junta's Law and that is that.

I would like to see the usual suspects defend the validity of the Junta's Law.

Nevertheless, our opinion matters not even an iota to the powers that be.

As long as we have to report every 90 days and be perfect in all aspects, we can opine or rant all we want and that will never yield any tangible or just results.

All we are doing is venting our opinions and "feelings" in a fruitless exercise of futility. coffee1.gif

The future of Thailand Huh? well that future is going to remember the past, and your past transgressions General, and you might, with any luck find yourself in a court of law, and be judged for your own law breaking bullshit.

Where are the ANALOGY POLICE?

The General likens the Junta's charges against the students "to a doctor who is conducting a surgery to save the life of a victim, but is obstructed by them."

It is more like a doctor wants to remove a person's leg to prevent the person from ever hurting it.

Geez, I need to stay away from the mid-afternoon tipple. I could have sworn I read that the Big Boss was insisting that the 14 detained students be tried for sedition in a military court...

This new group probably has a few sponsors in the Military. Doubletalk and gobbledegouck.

The problem is the lamp is lit and they don't know any other way to react to these "dissidents".

Thai officialdom tends to make a situation bad or a bad situation worse by a ) acting without thinking things through and b ) continually talking, often in circles.

Things are worse when we consider the country is being run by senior military officers who are supposed to have been trained to think things through but they way the operate i can't imagine them handling a major armed conflict in defence of the nation.

The hostilities between Thailand and Laos demonstrated that they couldn't handle a minor armed conflict, never mind an existential threat to the country...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai%E2%80%93Laotian_Border_War

The hostilities between Thailand and Laos demonstrated that they couldn't handle a minor armed conflict, never mind an existential threat to the country...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai%E2%80%93Laotian_Border_War

that's why they need subs

Free the students!

Making troubles??? They held a small, peaceful protest!!! The protests that crippled Bangkok and ousted the previous elected government, now that was making troubles. Edited by jesimps