CDC makes final decision on composition of Thai Senate

webfact

I would have thought that most people who reside in Thailand know who the elite are, and in which circles they move in, and what connections they have, it's just not allowed to be discussed.

Elite/Ammarat were used well before Thaksin times too. Look back through Thai history to around 1936 and there's enough referrals to the "establishment" back then.

Ask any old Thai who they thought controlled the country prior to Thaksin, and they will tell you "people with big money"

I would have thought that most people who reside in Thailand know who the elite are, and in which circles they move in, and what connections they have, it's just not allowed to be discussed.

Elite/Ammarat were used well before Thaksin times too. Look back through Thai history to around 1936 and there's enough referrals to the "establishment" back then.

Ask any old Thai who they thought controlled the country prior to Thaksin, and they will tell you "people with big money"

Well that certainly changed with Thaksin, NOT. Yes the names vary, but it's always "them" causing all our problems. Propaganda 101.

How do those we can't discuss cast 50% of the votes?

Halloween, I think you're extremely misguided when it comes to propaganda especially where Thaksin and corruption is concerned, he didn't invent it, it has always been here, and always will be, he just took it to a whole new level.

Propaganda 101 .. you're falling for it day in day out, you seriously believe all the announcements from the Junta are the truth, and not propaganda in itself?

All the bullshyt coming from TAT isn't propaganda? ..

How do these 50% Elite cast their votes, ? My my my, same way the non elite cast their votes, but where is this 50% figure coming from?

Seriously, how do you think huge influential families across the globe, particularly in places like the USA influence votes?

Halloween, I think you're extremely misguided when it comes to propaganda especially where Thaksin and corruption is concerned, he didn't invent it, it has always been here, and always will be, he just took it to a whole new level.

Propaganda 101 .. you're falling for it day in day out, you seriously believe all the announcements from the Junta are the truth, and not propaganda in itself?

All the bullshyt coming from TAT isn't propaganda? ..

How do these 50% Elite cast their votes, ? My my my, same way the non elite cast their votes, but where is this 50% figure coming from?

Seriously, how do you think huge influential families across the globe, particularly in places like the USA influence votes?

The 50% are the people who didn't vote for Thaksin, now classed as "elite" by those willing to accept that label.

"Seriously, how do you think huge influential families across the globe, particularly in places like the USA influence votes?" it's called democracy, should we hate them for it?

Please knock off the false assumptions of what others believe, and drop the strawman arguments.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

50% of the electorate are the "Elite" since when? Who's classing non PTP voters as the Elite?... you? and you want me to knock off the false assumptions?

You have the balls to ridicule people for believing in PTP propaganda, and yet, when it's pointed out you are equally as guilty of lapping up propaganda you throw a teddy.. that's why you're well known on these forums as an avid Junta supporter, and Kool Aid drinker.

Me I prefer to read all sides of the shyt, and draw my own conclusions, and so far, the conclusions are that

Farangs think they know better, and their opinions actually have some clout..when they don't.

Anyone who isn't a Junta supporter is a Thaksin/PTP sychophant .. when they're not

The Junta and the PTP are more alike than they care to be.

Thai Politicians and Army Generals are habitual liars

The Thais need to sort their own shyt out, and whatever path they chose, it's up to them... not archaic farangs who think they know better.

Nice trolling, for someone who is supposed to have lived in Thailand a long time, who isn't aware of the ruling Elite/Amarat and which circles they move in, and which groups they influence kind of amazes me.

Do I class Thaksin as the Elite? Nah, he has money, but money doesn't maketh him part of the dinosaurs that have influence Thailand for generations.

the same way they control everything now.. you know that the Armed Forces work out less than 2% of the voting population right ?

They seem to be able to control an entire country, never mind the senate with such low numbers.

The very fact that the senate is not even, and 123 will be handpicked... by whom? Kind of says it all doesn't it ?

but of course, you're happy that the decks are stacked, like a fat kid in a chocolate shop.

It's the Thai people who will get stiffed over, again and again and again. If anyone thinks this will be the last ever coup, needs a reality check, if anyone also thinks there isn't more trouble on the cards needs the same reality check.

It's this continual effort to jig the system to control it that causes it to fail.

If everyone was truly independent and the judiciary completely unbiased and apolitical , the system would create its own checks and balances.

Bodging this together is doomed to fail. How long till the next coup where they ring their hands about why it didn't work?

When are any of the corrupt protagonists in all the parties, along with all the perpetrators of the violent protests going to go to jail? Who is going to give them a truly independent trial where the decisions are respected because the system is free and fair?

3 years for picking mushrooms or longer for sending a text message? When, when, when?

There is no way to keep it all moving because the judicial system bends to the politics of the day. A biased senate will NOT WORK.

Referendum is going to be a real nail Biter

Yes - Un-elected elite holding Power in the Senate

No - Un-elected Junta holding power for the next 2 years

Absolute disgrace again, They are treating the people with total contempt . I hope these Dogs have their day

Maybe bought and paid for lackeys of a fugitive criminal, most who could never be classed as elite would be your considered selection to oversee the running of Thailand once again, or do you just like making mindless comments.

To Bigoted fascist supporters like yourself, yes

No surprise. The military need to ensure that the next elected government cannot easily undo what is now being cooked up. And they know that giving the history of the last two decades, that next government will receive ample mandate to do so.

So you make elections matter less, and that what is going on here. Very predictable and a bloody disgrace. Thailand doesn't return to anything resembling democracy whenever the generals are ready but to a system they will invent a catchy name for soon, democracy Thai style, or some other euphemism.