Which posters do you miss most?

David48

We all miss his hilarious, insightful and knowledgeable forum observations and anecdotes from the life in Thailand he loved and lived for so many years. What began as a relationship of crossed swords developed to a frank and personal exchange of close and lasting friendship and we keep in touch to this very day. David has a wonderful new life in Australia, an honourable job driving lorries, and a new bub on the way. An expert in all manner of Thailand customs, Issaan farm life and relationships the man is a tragic loss to this forum.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David48

We all miss his hilarious, insightful and knowledgeable forum observations and anecdotes from the life in Thailand he loved and lived for so many years. What began as a relationship of crossed swords developed to a frank and personal exchange of close and lasting friendship and we keep in touch to this very day. David has a wonderful new life in Australia, an honourable job driving lorries, and a new bub on the way. An expert in all manner of Thailand customs, Issaan farm life and relationships the man is a tragic loss to this forum.

Wow, driving lorries! He'll get a fat gut doing that job.

Yes he knew the Thai/Issan life well.

Ok now my list:

David48

Costas

Toady

The Plant

Sentrix

Neverdie

MacB

Rangsri

Gordie

ATF

And certainly Somsrisonpimai

What's wrong with me?

Nothing my friend but you are still here and haven't left ...

You are right Mr Chef, but I'm not sure if Costas has actually left, he has posted 'likes', personally, I think we will see him back sometime. I hope it's sooner rather than later.

MrToad

ATF

Tonytigerbkk(+ aliaseswhistling.gif )

Neverdie

Did you know that Neverdie was/is supposedly a retired DETECTIVE?

cheesy.gif

They must've promoted him out of pity.

That's nothing....we've had murderers on here.

I suspect we have a few of the criminal fraternity posting here right now too.

Perhaps even a retired window cleaner living in Issan?

This is like a traditional after work pub in London....where all can similarly discuss their hatred of politicians and parking wardens.

Did you really wanted to say retired window cleaner, or did you mean retarded?

David48

David48 never lived in Thailand, he was a tourist.

David48

From what i understand Miss Farm Girl and David48 actually lived on a fish farm in Samut Prakan somewhere past the Crocodile Park and Ancient . Siam . Not quite Issan and not quite Krung Thep either.

Ok now my list:

David48

Costas

Toady

The Plant

Sentrix

Neverdie

MacB

Rangsri

Gordie

ATF

The Plant?? Didn't he have a meltdown on the forum?

Called one of the mods a pedo while he was alone at home, pissed up. Total loser

Just one of the many reincarnations of the foul-mouthed boor fornerly known as "Heavy Drinker".

Weird to hear David48 now drives a lorry back home.

Did Miss Farmgirl go with him?

<snip>

Weird to hear David48 now drives a lorry back home. Did Miss Farmgirl go with him?

Made a fool of himself during the 2014 Poster of the Year election process.

He applied for a spouse (de facto) visa, so assume it was granted - children would have got citizenship by descent. Lives on the Gold Coast, Queensland.

Ian Forbes for his honesty and loving the simple things in life. He left this forum for reasons we are not allowed to discuss. No nothing to do with him, more about certain others.

What did happen to TheBlether? Smokie, do tell.

Costas was a lunatic, but in a nice kind of way, his logic, or lack thereof made me smile.

There is a site you can google about who is behind certain names on here, its quite interesting but I'm sure I would not be allowed to link to it.

Nice to see somebody leave Thailand without coming back here and boring us all about why they left.

I'm always interested to hear reasons for leaving, from what appear to be the more settled posters.

When they suddenly leave the country, I always wonder was it a financial meltdown, some scam, or the discovery their woman wasn't different.

Ian Forbes for his honesty and loving the simple things in life. He left this forum for reasons we are not allowed to discuss. No nothing to do with him, more about certain others.

What did happen to TheBlether? Smokie, do tell.

Costas was a lunatic, but in a nice kind of way, his logic, or lack thereof made me smile.

There is a site you can google about who is behind certain names on here, its quite interesting but I'm sure I would not be allowed to link to it.

Theblether can be found elsewhere much as several others who were unsuited to the rigours of life on this forum.

David48

From what i understand Miss Farm Girl and David48 actually lived on a fish farm in Samut Prakan somewhere past the Crocodile Park and Ancient . Siam . Not quite Issan and not quite Krung Thep either.

Yes he went back to OZ with his new wife and as far as I know he bought a fish farm in Queensland

to supply Pauline Hanson with fresh fish for her new fish and chip shop tongue.png

Ok now my list:

David48

Costas

Toady

The Plant

Sentrix

Neverdie

MacB

Rangsri

Gordie

ATF

What's wrong with me?
Sometimes it's better not to ask.

When was the last time you had a full service and oil change?

David48

You'll need to explain the relevance of that.

"Oh would some power the gift tae gie us, tae see ourselves as others see us"

SC

I'd forgotten about Ian Forbes.

I miss David48 too, he used to send me emails with vids of the twins but no more. I may try and find his e mail and get in touch with them.

I also miss Suega and Mossfinn hasn't been around much either.

And what about sbk? I hope she is ok.

Edited by Patsycat

Nice to see somebody leave Thailand without coming back here and boring us all about why they left.

If some posters decide to leave Thailand to go back to their home countries, and want to tell us why, why should it be boring?

If any poster leaves Thailand to go back to their home country for whatever reason, I would be interested to hear their story.

If some posters decide to leave Thailand to go back to their home countries, and want to tell us why, why should it be boring?

If any poster leaves Thailand to go back to their home country for whatever reason, I would be interested to hear their story.

But for the most part you never hear the real story anyway and when these poster do comment its usually bile filled slagging off of Thailand and its people, perfect examples from two posters in the General "thailand blues" thread

But for the most part you never hear the real story anyway and when these poster do comment its usually bile filled slagging off of Thailand and its people, perfect examples from two posters in the General "thailand blues" thread

Yes, I agree, but I'm sure I read somewhere that someone moved himself and family to the UK because he wanted a good education for his kids, that is understandable, if anyone uses "bile filled slagging off of Thailand and it's people", I will be among the first to jump down their throats.

Thailand, like any other country has it's faults, but the good outweighs the bad here, and if anyone leaves Thailand for their home country, I'm interested in hearing their reasons, provided any criticism they have is constructive and they don't start using bile in their comments.

I'd forgotten about Ian Forbes.

I miss David48 too, he used to send me emails with vids of the twins but no more. I may try and find his e mail and get in touch with them.

I also miss Suega and Mossfinn hasn't been around much either.

And what about sbk? I hope she is ok.

What happened to sbk?