Police investigating rumor that Prayut transferred 10 billion baht to Singapore Bank

webfact

Read the OP, not just the headline. Police aren't investigating Prayut, they're investigating the people who started the rumor.

You didn't really think the police would investigate the PM, did you?

I think part of the sub deal was that 30% had to be paid up front.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, lets see the evidence of US Agency involvement of the dissenters

Lets see the evidence that A general claimed students had been brainwashed

Lets see the evidence indeed.

Personally I doubt that this happened, but the facts do remain that he transfered HUGE sums of money to an offshore company that was only a few weeks old, which by any standards raises serious questions, that are not allowed to be asked.

I read a follow up story on the brainwashing in which the father claims he never talked to the general who broke the story...

Ridiculous. I'm sure the Anti Money Laundering Office would be all over it if such a thing occurred.

Flying_Pigs.jpg

Why the pigs with wings? The Anti-Money Laundering Organization is an aggressive organization with clout, it is under the direct supervision of the PM and...oh. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/814540-nla-passes-bill-putting-amlo-under-direct-supervision-of-prime-minister/?hl=%2Bamlo

More rumours and more Thai bashing. I wish all respondents could name where they are posting from and why the majority of the non Thai residents post anti Thai comments.

Why? What do you intend to do with this information?

I don't see any Thai bashing on this topic, though I do see many posts expressing suspicion of the PM's wealth and his intentions. Do you consider this Thai bashing?

I feel that questioning Prayut's integrity as a (self elected, and oppressive) ruler is NOT Thai bashing. But in fact is standing up for Thai people, who have been silenced at the point of a gun by a self-elected dictator. I don't care if this rumor is true. I care that he doesn't deserve the position that he elected himself to. And that Thai people deserve a great deal better than to live in fear and whispers under his self-serving power grab: as he's openly lied about his intentions at every step. While I'm definitely no 'red shirt', I feel that Prayut is a traitor to his people. And that it's more than a little sad.

Edited by No Apologist

you people are a joke

you question peoples wealth or families wealth based on current income, wealth or assets that may have been in the family for years, this is a vastly different thing than a person in office making a declaration of wealth before and after their term, all of which I don't believe anyway, consider if the now convicted ex CDI chief was asked to declare his assets while in office - do you honestly think he would have been declaring the piles of money valuables and gold (worth billions) he had stashed in various basements of property he owned - I think not - but that is not the topic of this thread

I personally know a few people back at home that bought land for a pittance and sold it 15-20 years later making an absolute fortune, all it took was a little forward thinking and in these cases was without risk - one of them was a postman and is now a millionaire and owns multiple large properties all over the world

How much wealth do you think some people have accumulated in Thailand from places like Pattaya buying up small plots of land 20-30 years ago when it was all but a small beach village with a single street along the beach - a simple example but you get the idea

Now those pointing a finger at the PM either put up or shut up - simple as that

lo so nobody quoted my post because it didn't fit the agenda here - so I will lol

the bib must have a huge number of rumor investigators on payroll. Maybe thats those non uniformed people we see in all photo of criminals, siezed drugs etc. wonder how long their training is fir rumor investigation and the texts being issued? their success must be terrific as as many as 80% of the rumor i hear are not true and in most cases the instigator of said rumor is never found nor named. ok sometimes a letter is assigned ''D'' seems popular during droughts and ''M'' during moonson seasons.

The fact that rumours are all the 7%'ers have to discredit Prayut is a testament to Prayuts progressive and successful governance.

Lets see the evidence. Lets see where he got this information from. We won't see it because this was never intended to uncover a truth. It is a rumour! It made the front page and has planted the seed of doubt in the minds of the gullible and that is what the reds thrive on. It will be discussed at length in this forum until it magically becomes fact to the people the rumour was targeted at.

Facts - The red shirts greatest enemy. Rumours (It used to be beliefs) - Their dearest friend.

Abra Kadabra!

I can see which ass you kiss. Progressive and successful. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Even if it was true, the rumour that is wouldn't that just be his salarywhistling.gifcoffee1.gif

Maybe he can buy some of that MDMA that you want legalizing.

The fact that rumours are all the 7%'ers have to discredit Prayut is a testament to Prayuts progressive and successful governance.

Lets see the evidence. Lets see where he got this information from. We won't see it because this was never intended to uncover a truth. It is a rumour! It made the front page and has planted the seed of doubt in the minds of the gullible and that is what the reds thrive on. It will be discussed at length in this forum until it magically becomes fact to the people the rumour was targeted at.

Facts - The red shirts greatest enemy. Rumours (It used to be beliefs) - Their dearest friend.

Abra Kadabra!

When will you learn. TIT. We don't use "evidence". It it unnecessary, unhelpful, often sheds the unfair light of reality upon those who err, and will always be disregarded anyway. We don't deal in facts. We don't like evidence. Evidence if found will soon be lost or forgotten. So please for the love of "insert deity of choice" put your nonsensical remarks about justice, proof and evidence (and achievement ROFLMFAO) back into the place where the sun don't shine. /END RANT

If there is any corruption going on, it will be far bigger amounts than this and Big Tu wouldn't be making the transfers himself. The police chief suddenly got hold of billions to invest in speculative stocks last year. That was far more impressive.

you people are a joke

you question peoples wealth or families wealth based on current income, wealth or assets that may have been in the family for years, this is a vastly different thing than a person in office making a declaration of wealth before and after their term, all of which I don't believe anyway, consider if the now convicted ex CDI chief was asked to declare his assets while in office - do you honestly think he would have been declaring the piles of money valuables and gold (worth billions) he had stashed in various basements of property he owned - I think not - but that is not the topic of this thread

I personally know a few people back at home that bought land for a pittance and sold it 15-20 years later making an absolute fortune, all it took was a little forward thinking and in these cases was without risk - one of them was a postman and is now a millionaire and owns multiple large properties all over the world

How much wealth do you think some people have accumulated in Thailand from places like Pattaya buying up small plots of land 20-30 years ago when it was all but a small beach village with a single street along the beach - a simple example but you get the idea

lo so nobody quoted my post because it didn't fit the agenda here - so I will lol

I'll take the bait. Let's look at some facts:

Prayut's father was an Army Colonel and his wife is the daughter of a policeman.

Prayut has been in the army for his entire career and is a known member of the army clique known as the Eastern Tigers.

The Eastern Tigers gained their battle field merits while fighting the Vietnamese on the Cambodian border. The Vietnamese were fighting the Khmer Rouge.

The Khmer Rouge operated from western Cambodia in the border region from the late 1970s until the mid 1990s.

The Khmer Rouge financed their insurgency through the trade of gems and logs, which resulted in millions of dollars worth of resources being illegally imported into Thailand under the protection of the Thai military.

The Eastern Tigers began to rapidly rise through the army ranks in the early to mid 1990s and had advanced past traditional power cliques within 10 years.

All known members of the Eastern Tigers are worth millions of dollars.

Prayut's family received almost $20 million in one land sale and Prayut and his brother are both worth millions each according to their own declarations.

Those are facts, you are welcome to refute any of them. You can continue to speculate based on no facts that Prayut made his wealth on "buying up small plots of land." However, I would encourage everyone to look at his professional career before mindlessly accepting his 'clean' government.

you people are a joke

Prayut's father was an Army Colonel and his wife is the daughter of a policeman.

Prayut has been in the army for his entire career and is a known member of the army clique known as the Eastern Tigers.

The Eastern Tigers gained their battle field merits while fighting the Vietnamese on the Cambodian border. The Vietnamese were fighting the Khmer Rouge.

The Khmer Rouge operated from western Cambodia in the border region from the late 1970s until the mid 1990s.

The Khmer Rouge financed their insurgency through the trade of gems and logs, which resulted in millions of dollars worth of resources being illegally imported into Thailand under the protection of the Thai military.

The Eastern Tigers began to rapidly rise through the army ranks in the early to mid 1990s and had advanced past traditional power cliques within 10 years.

Prayut's family received almost $20 million in one land sale and Prayut and his brother are both worth millions each according to their own declarations.

Those are facts, you are welcome to refute any of them. You can continue to speculate based on no facts that Prayut made his wealth on "buying up small plots of land." However, I would encourage everyone to look at his professional career before mindlessly accepting his 'clean' government.

For the love of god, please stop making rational and sensible arguments. TIT. We like the shroud of uncertainty and mystery to shield the corpus of lies, injustice and despair. (History will be the only honest judge).

you people are a joke

For the love of god, please stop making rational and sensible arguments. TIT. We like the shroud of uncertainty and mystery to shield the corpus of lies, injustice and despair. (History will be the only honest judge).

Thai history honest - come on now, and you mentioned rational and sensible in the one reply.cheesy.gif

Don't be too hard on djamie poor lad. He's a one eyed Essendon supporter. His team is languishing near the bottom of the AFL ladder and is currently in the middle of a full scale team doping enquiry. With such going on he can be forgiven for being so blind as to what the Junta and it's leader are doingto this Country. They're just as corrupt as his team.

Read the OP, not just the headline. Police aren't investigating Prayut, they're investigating the people who started the rumor.

You didn't really think the police would investigate the PM, did you?

I think part of the sub deal was that 30% had to be paid up front.

Ah, but 30% of what, and to whom?

Maybe it's just a rumour, maybe it's the truth but more interesting is, does he have a bank account in Singapore and if so why? Does he know something that we yet do not or is it a useful place to bunker ill gotten gains far from the tax mans eyes but if so why be so stupid as to transfer the money in his name instead of using a straw man

you people are a joke

No no no! The army are our divine saviors! They are completely above board and uncorruptable. Stop with your 'Eastern Tigers' hearsay!

cheesy.gif

I will probably be called a red shirt. See the thing is I know what Thaksin is, he is scum but you know what? I am sick and tired of being told that the coup was the only option and they will 'save' Thailand. They are just dirty and corrupt as him, they just have more guns and tanks.

RUMOR.

10 billion. 555555555555 he ha he ha..................all the shout from the usual 7%, shut up and follow the rice and tablet money, This is not a rumor.

any excuse to shift the last diabolical governing, same every day. anti P.M. brigade from our very few Westerner agenda troop.

you people are a joke

No no no! The army are our divine saviors! They are completely above board and uncorruptable. Stop with your 'Eastern Tigers' hearsay!

cheesy.gif

I will probably be called a red shirt. See the thing is I know what Thaksin is, he is scum but you know what? I am sick and tired of being told that the coup was the only option and they will 'save' Thailand. They are just dirty and corrupt as him, they just have more guns and tanks.

So at that moment in time when Yingluck had to get out with the rest of the PTP shin party. ..What would you have done ??? had elections ha ha hacheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Don't be too hard on djamie poor lad. He's a one eyed Essendon supporter. His team is languishing near the bottom of the AFL ladder and is currently in the middle of a full scale team doping enquiry. With such going on he can be forgiven for being so blind as to what the Junta and it's leader are doingto this Country. They're just as corrupt as his team.

The police are investigating a rumor........................Police are NOT investigating a rumor re--Yingluck and her cabinet--PTP Follow that Trillion.

Nothing yet to follow here........go back 1 year and remark about where the money has gone.

you people are a joke

Feeling neglected? I'll help out.

"Thailand’s military leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has refused to elaborate on the 600 million baht land sale he made to a private company last year. "

"When a reporter asked Gen. Prayuth about the land sale today, the Prime Minister shot back that the media has no business questioning him on the matter."

"Gen. Prayuth, who is still serving as the chairman of the junta’s National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), was similarly dismissive when asked about his investments last week."

"“I don’t know. I don’t remember,” Gen. Prayuth said on 1 November. “I am not a businessman. Please don’t ask me about this.”" http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

How many of the savvy investors you referred to claim to not be businessmen and can't remember their investments?

I assume the generals in your home country are paid much better than generals in Thailand, how many are as rich as Prayut? What would become of them if they refused to answer questions about where their wealth came from?

General/PM Prayut, a career military man who is the son of another career military man, is incredibly rich and provides no good answer to questions about where that wealth came from. Some people think that is acceptable, many don't.

But you're not being ignored now. Are you happy?

It is just deceitful to attempt to make a connection between an act of his family to a rumour. But that's par for the Prayuth hate brigade.

No not hate brigade we just love the truth. He transfered much of his B 680 million to his father but we never got the truth about how he got to get assets worth B 680 million on an army salary. You remember its was when he told the press to stop investigating his and his brother wealth OR ......

Who's 'we'? You're posting opinion and conspiracy as though it it the truth. It is not.

No politician, senator or anyone else has to prove where they got their assets or we'd be here until doomsday waiting for all the investigations. I don't know whether he got his assets legally (family possessions) or illegally & neither do you.

You are just rumourmongering.

If you read what I wrote is that he stopped any investigation into where he got his money from. In a normal democracy he would have to show where he got the money from and if he paid tax on it. I am not rumor mongering as what I said is in the public domain and is the truth. He declared his assets publicaly and acknowledge the transfer of some of his assets to family (including his father)and he warned the media against investigating the source of their wealth - no rumors only the truth - hard facts. I know it hurts when your idol fails you, even if its a dictator.

Edited by SOUTHERNSTAR

So at that moment in time when Yingluck had to get out with the rest of the PTP shin party. ..What would you have done ??? had elections ha ha hacheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

ginjag has arrived, with his contempt for elections.

The OP is about police investigating the source of rumors about money transfers made by the PM, it is not about an investigation of the PM. The article ends with a call for more restrictions on the internet:

"Pol.Gen. Somyot also said he wishes Thailand would tighten its grip on internet freedom to dissuade individuals from spreading "inappropriate" remarks." http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1436431746

Do you have any on-topic comments regarding this?

The OP is about police investigating the source of rumors about money transfers made by the PM, it is not about an investigation of the PM. The article ends with a call for more restrictions on the internet:

"Pol.Gen. Somyot also said he wishes Thailand would tighten its grip on internet freedom to dissuade individuals from spreading "inappropriate" remarks." http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1436431746

I was on topic . We have to compare so that we not forget how better we are.

Your comment---"i am back" never went anywhere.

WE NEED ELECTIONS---yes shouting, when the country is back on track to being something like democratic.

Your denial as usual---------you see it is rumor GET IT. the other I mentioned was--is NOT. ok. keep your remarks about my whereabouts to yourself please. that is not on topic----

Abra Kadabra!

Oh I couldn't read past this idiocy ..

So at that moment in time when Yingluck had to get out with the rest of the PTP shin party. ..What would you have done ??? had elections ha ha ha:cheesy: cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"Pol.Gen. Somyot also said he wishes Thailand would tighten its grip on internet freedom to dissuade individuals from spreading "inappropriate" remarks." http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1436431746[/size]

Do you have any on-topic comments regarding this?[/size]

WE NEED ELECTIONS---yes shouting, when the country is back on track to being something like democratic.

Your denial as usual---------you see it is rumor GET IT. the other I mentioned was--is NOT. ok. keep your remarks about my whereabouts to yourself please. that is not on topic----

Why are you so angry ? I know a good shrink that can help you with anger management. He has helped many junta lovers to regain their mental facilities. Unfortunately some couldn't be saved, maybe you fall in this group.

Edited by SOUTHERNSTAR

I quoted from the full article the OP is based on, I was definitely on-topic. I can't tell what you are saying from your sentence fragments, but it doesn't look on-topic to me.

By the way, I took this to be contempt for elections:

"What would you have done ??? had elections ha ha hacheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif"

How did you think that would be taken?