Prayuth likens Uighur refugees to breeding animals

Lite Beer

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a disgusting thing to say "Just like animals"

In fact most Thai think of any human that is not Thai is just scum and have done for many years,

Yes I know there are a few good ones.

Wait till the U.S., U.N. and Human rights get hold of this they will have a field day.

Disgusting Behavior.

In fact most Thai think of any human that is not Thai is just scum and have done for many years,

Wait till the U.S., U.N. and Human rights get hold of this they will have a field day.

Disgusting Behavior.

disgusting generalization

"If we don't do this, what else are we gonna do? Or do you want to feed them until they produce three litters of offspring?” he said, using the word kroak (ครอก) which means animal offspring.

And this man is a world leader????

Disgusting Behavior.

Obvious you don't understand Thai too much.coffee1.gif

"If we don't do this, what else are we gonna do? Or do you want to feed them until they produce three litters of offspring?” he said, using the word kroak (ครอก) which means animal offspring.

I know what you mean.

He's not a leader by any stretch and the word ' world ' doesn't even come into it.

I know what you mean.

He's not a leader by any stretch and the word ' world ' doesn't even come into it.

Just to add this is the man who leads the peace process for the deep South. How can the various groups in the deep South now trust anything he says to achieve reconciliation / road map for peace.

That should go down well in the international press!

I guess the Turks are right when they will kick Thailand out. They do not any longer deserve to have any officials in that country.

Maybe Prayuth spoke a bit harshly and maybe used crude analogies, but I think his point was they are immigrants that were not granted asylum, they don't bring anything unique to Thailand, Thailand is not going to subsidize them or spend money or resources supporting them. Granted this comes across as a hard line immigration approach, but all countries have immigration laws, quotas, criteria or reasons for allowing or harboring immigrants. The USA gets yelled at everytime some poor illegal immigrant family is expatriated back to Mexico, but never gets mentioned on the positive side about the literally millions of illegal immigrants that are allowed to stay in the USA every year from that country.

Further words of wisdom from that horrid little man. coffee1.gif

A would be big fish in a very small pond and failing miserably except in his own mind of course and that of all his handpicked Yes men.

However history shows that when the going gets tough some yes men get going and can become dangerous enemies.

Maybe Prayuth spoke a bit harshly and maybe used crude analogies, but I think his point was they are immigrants that were not granted asylum, they don't bring anything unique to Thailand, Thailand is not going to subsidize them or spend money or resources supporting them. Granted this comes across as a hard line immigration approach, but all countries have immigration laws, quotas, criteria or reasons for allowing or harboring immigrants. The USA gets yelled at everytime some poor illegal immigrant family is expatriated back to Mexico, but never gets mentioned on the positive side about the literally millions of illegal immigrants that are allowed to stay in the USA every year from that country.

They don't bring anything unique to Thailand?

...and I suppose you do?...I just dread to think what it might be.....

Edited by cumgranosalum

Disgusting Behavior.

Obvious you don't understand Thai too much.coffee1.gif

obviously I do better with thais and thai than some

This has to be in the top ten public gaff's not only for him but even to any PM/leader of any country in the last 12 months.

Yet again Thailand has broken International laws and chosen not to comply with it's obligations with the UN and HR which it is a signatory.

Regardless of your views on refugees or asylum, publicly describing any ethnic group as breeding animals/" three liters of offspring" is not what any PM should saying and could very easily be considered by some people as hurting the reputation of Thailand and peace and order as the Uigurs are Muslim as are many people in the south are also Muslim, Not going to help with any peace process now is it?

BTW what is happening to people for hurting Thailand's reputation? whistling.gif

Edited by aussieinthailand

This has to be in the top ten public gaff's not only for him but even to any PM/leader of any country in the last 12 months.

Yet again Thailand has broken International laws and chosen not to comply with it's obligations with the UN and HR which it is a signatory.

Regardless of your views on refugees or asylum, publicly describing any ethnic group as breeding animals/" three liters of offspring" is not what any PM should saying and could very easily be considered by some people as hurting the reputation of Thailand and peace and order as the Uigurs are Muslim as are many people in the south are also Muslim, Not going to help with any peace process now is it?

BTW what is happening to people for hurting Thailand's reputation? whistling.gif

No worries. He can still talk this back and say he meant TWO litters, not THREE.

Edited by Jingthing

Poor choice of words... and the PM certainly needs a script writer... but not a politically correct one -- but not shoot himself in the foot.

But despite the gaff and despite the often non workable UN policies ... I think Thailand and any other nation has a right to say who comes and who goes in the country...

The Ughurs / Uighurs want to carve out part of China for a budding Muslim nation and have done violence in support of that goal... I suggest that they don't do that -- then they won't have to become political refugees.

Only insane leaders of America, the U.K. and the EU see fit to import Muslim disgruntlement and hatred...

Have to agree with the sentiment here.. stupid and dumb remark. But one has to wonder how many people in the USA think the same about illegal Mexicans and people in the UK and EU about illegal Muslim immigrants. There are quite a few people who think like this on this forum many would love to have the Thai tough immigration rules in their home country.

For the record I think this is a stupid remark and the general should be ashamed.

This also applies to Thailand , Prayuth you should look in the mirror you are as useless as tits on a bull, and so are your elites .One day you really will need the army to suppress all these people who dont get a fair shake from your governments aand i hope that day comes soon .

I completely agree with Prayuth and admire that he expresses his unfiltered opinion in this PC world.

That said , was it prudent ? Just after a potential terrorist attack was foiled in KL . Thailand is pretty vulnerable.

The Uighur are legitimate refugees. What is perplexing about the general's comments is that;

1. China states that the Uihgurs are treated no differently than other Chinese citizens

2. Thailand is chasing after Chinese visitors and business

And now the general considers these Chinese nationals as subhuman.

It's a slippery slope when singles out a specific religious group. I remind the general that there are many people who find that people who pray before statues, put out food offerings for invisible spirits, who go to fortune tellers, and who put their faith in magical amulets to be primitive and backward.

but these in Thailand usually don't put some orders from their invisible friends over the countries law.

While believing in spirits is silly, it isn't dangerous

He's not racist you farang just don't understand "Thainess'

what he meant was if you are not white skinned, from Bangkok and Thai you just "dun understand" because it's obvious everyone else is second class

Hey, Ho Good General you sure are a Statesman and an Internationalist