TESCO LOTUS

Jessi

Another fruitless visit to Tesco Khon Kaen.

To add to the mess: the southern Tesco in KK (just after/opposite) Makro is in a state of construction work.

New "delicatessen" stall opening on 1 August (according to plan tongue.png ).

A quite useless visit yesterday.

Big C not much better. Empty shelfes for what I was looking for.

Only highlight TOPS at Central with 99 Baht K. corn flakes (500 gr) biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Tesco lotus problem is their distribution...either that or they a have run out of cash/credit to buy.

For me macro is the best place to shop,even their staff are friendly which is more than can be said for tesco.

Tesco are rubbish,and here on Samui never have enough fresh stock.

Tesco here in N Pattaya are a disaster , the shelves are half full ,potatoes? forget it ,ive thrown out nicer ones , i dont know what the problem is but they are constantly out of stuff and the fresh food is a disaster . But Makro just up the road ,lovely fresh vegatables ,fully stocked shelves and cheaper. mind you Big C in central Pattaya is not to bad and with a great fresh bread section .

I hated Big C on Sukumvit, cockroaches in hot food section, yuk, Really Impressed with Big C on Pattaya Klang though Meat September cation is Impressive, is Big C on Sukumvit changed at all ?

David Rhead from the George Cohen 600 Group moved to Tesco and oversaw its set up here. He left and it went tits up under Thai Management.

Tesco has been plunged deeper into crisis after it was forced to suspend four senior executives and call in investigators following the discovery that its profits had been artificially inflated by £250m.

Did the above happen in Thailand?thumbsup.gif

To add to the mess: the southern Tesco in KK (just after/opposite) Makro is in a state of construction work.

New "delicatessen" stall opening on 1 August (according to plan tongue.png ).

A quite useless visit yesterday.

Big C not much better. Empty shelfes for what I was looking for.

Only highlight TOPS at Central with 99 Baht K. corn flakes (500 gr) biggrin.png

Villa has the 99b corn flakes too.

Just got back without any potatoes or onions.

Looks like a visit to Makro tomorrow.

Makro always seems to have plenty.

What's your problem with potatoes ( in Lotasss ) laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png ;

Here we are in Thailand and potatoes aren't the main course ...

Eat stiky rice and you will not have any problem cheesy.gif

Just got back without any potatoes or onions.

Looks like a visit to Makro tomorrow.

Makro always seems to have plenty.

What's your problem with potatoes ( in Lotasss ) laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png ;

Here we are in Thailand and potatoes aren't the main course ...

Eat stiky rice and you will not have any problem cheesy.gif

Thai's eat a lot of potatoes, not just rice.coffee1.gif

Besides, arent Potatoes imported to Thailand, and not grown locally?....could be another reason.

Both.

Some potatoes from northern Thailand.

But most come from China.

Some imports from Europe (Netherlands).

I agree that Tesco is too incompetent to keep its shelfs filled (which is a basic task of a chain store).

Again and again "no hab".

But no shop is perfect: even at our Makro there are rare occasions that goods are sold out, particularly on promotions.

(if you see 99 Baht for a big 500g pack of Kellogs Corn Flakes it will be gone quickly tongue.png )

But Makro is much better than Tesco.

But most come from China.

Some imports from Europe (Netherlands).

those DUTCH potatoes grown in CHINA have to read the boxes

Two days ago TESCO had potatoes in their main Korat store.................No have for weeks facepalm.gif

the wife stopped going to tesco's [korat] same reason unless she's desperate or something is cheap cheap cheap.

wont buy the chicken though,last time the staff emptied a big bag full on top of defrosted water from the last lot.

she does get some good spuds from the morning market near the exit for KK and pak thong chai.off mittrapap 2.

David Rhead from the George Cohen 600 Group moved to Tesco and oversaw its set up here. He left and it went tits up under Thai Management.

surely you mean "mis -management"

surely you mean "mis -management"

Was this Thai mis management? "Tesco has been plunged deeper into crisis after it was forced to suspend four senior executives and call in investigators following the discovery that its profits had been artificially inflated by £250m."

Any kind of management would have been an improvement after the British team got through stealing.

Two days ago TESCO had potatoes in their main Korat store.................No have for weeks facepalm.gif

the wife stopped going to tesco's [korat] same reason unless she's desperate or something is cheap cheap cheap.

wont buy the chicken though,last time the staff emptied a big bag full on top of defrosted water from the last lot.

she does get some good spuds from the morning market near the exit for KK and pak thong chai.off mittrapap 2.

I went in to buy some Tomatoes because I was making a pasta dish.

You guessed it NO HAVE but we have potatoes today Mister !!! whistling.gif

Yeah Tesco Lotus is a disaster in Thailand. They appear to have major distribution issues. I think you would need to be crazy to buy fresh stuff there like vegetables. My local markets here sell spuds, excellent floury spuds too that are delicious.....cheaper and fresher. My kids love mashed tatters and sometimes too with a little mince.

They used to sell nice tea bags, too, their own brand, cheap too and then they disappeared off the shelves never to be replaced: so I have to make do with the inferior and more expensive Yellow Label.

In real terms the local markets are the place to shop: retailers much friendlier, they want your trade and so they generally don't rip you off as they want you to return, except the moron who sells fresh fish: I just send the wife over to buy the fish from him but the attraction(!) is it is killed in front of you. If cooked fresh the fish tastes quite different from the Tesco stuff. I really like the chit chat too, there's always somebody recommending I try a dish of some sort and all in all makes for a very pleasant experience and much preferable to that in Lotussssss which has little to commend it apart from the convenience element.

plenty in my local Tesco yesterday, but many other things they used to carry are gone - salad ingredients are getting tough to find and our local Big C they seem to be bad when you buy them…

But the Tesco shortages seem to be increasing to the point where it is almost not worth shopping there...

I live in Fang. There are 2 choices - Makro & "Low-arse". Personally, I far prefer Lotus. Recently - 6 weeks, I have been in CNX.

We generally buy veges at the local market.

How long has this purported fiasco been going on for?

Korat TESCO had no potatoes for about 5 weeks, plenty at MAKRO.

Many other products are out of stock also.

I put it down to bad management.

Edited by Jessi

I have to agree Makro are leaving Tesco & Big C behind.

Why isn't stock replacement computerized & tied-in with what's leaving via the checkouts?

Potatoes in my local Big C yesterday were noticeably old and no bigger than a tangerine!

Well there's me thinking it's just the Tesco in Ban Chang that is crap. Making it so I have to travel to Rayong or Pattaya to do our shopping. I can there fore only assume that there is something basically wrong at the HQ of Thai Tesco. Where now only one Farang is employed, is this the reason I don not know.