Riding a motorcycle out of the province.

JamieP

Supposedly if you have some kind of Thailand Tags in Thailand you can ride it anywhere in the country.The police might stop you for something.He don't really care about you or the motorcycle he just wants 100-300 baht.

When you have a copy green book with you, you can go anywhere in Thailand.

If you have red plate (new bike), go to you dealer and ask for a permit (letter) to go to other provinces.

Keep this letter/permit in the motorbike, and make 1 copy for yourself at home. No problems at all smile.png

NO PROBLEMS, if you have the green book - it's the same than with a car.

That is the case for exiting Thailand, but are you sure you are required to carry the green book with you all the time just travelling within Thailand?

Never carry the "Green book", but always a copy of it!

A few month ago I did Phuket-Surat Thani-Bangkok-Pattaya-Chantaburi-Buriram-Mahasarakam-Sakon Nakhon-Nakhon Phanom-Nong Khai-Korat-Bangkok-Chumphon-Ranong-Phuket, about 4000 km in 16 days. Been stopped at checkpoints 4 times, never had to pay any money. Best is to avoid highways and you will be happy. You may read about the trip and see pictures at http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4103, the PCX150 liked the trip as well as I did.

Edited by hkt83100

That is the case for exiting Thailand, but are you sure you are required to carry the green book with you all the time just travelling within Thailand?

Never carry the green book with you, keep a copy. If the bike is stolen, the thief will also have the green book.

Sorry for a bit of hi jacking, but anyone know if a copy of the green book is OK to exit the country?

Never carry the green book with you, keep a copy. If the bike is stolen, the thief will also have the green book.

Sorry for a bit of hi jacking, but anyone know if a copy of the green book is OK to exit the country?

To exit ( in my case it was to Laos) you will need the ORGINAL green book, In the riders name.

If that's not the case a declaration of the owner of the bike permitting the rider to exit the country.

To exit ( in my case it was to Laos) you will need the ORGINAL green book, In the riders name.

If that's not the case a declaration of the owner of the bike permitting the rider to exit the country.

Same as Kap Cheung border with Cambodia.

A few month ago I did Phuket-Surat Thani-Bangkok-Pattaya-Chantaburi-Buriram-Mahasarakam-Sakon Nakhon-Nakhon Phanom-Nong Khai-Korat-Bangkok-Chumphon-Ranong-Phuket, about 4000 km in 16 days. Been stopped at checkpoints 4 times, never had to pay any money. Best is to avoid highways and you will be happy. You may read about the trip and see pictures at http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4103, the PCX150 liked the trip as well as I did.

Wow! Impressive tour on a PCX smile.png I just read your thread on the pcx forum now.

Red plates on a motorbike????

I have seen motorcycle red plates in Pattaya, but I personally never saw them anywhere else.

I have bought four new bikes, and none of them had a red plate, but I don't live in Pattaya.

GB need not be in rider's name if the named owner is present.

[e.g, papa & a buddy on two of my bikes could cross together.

Bought new bike a few months ago in Patts...red plate.

When regular plate and book came in, dealer allowed me to keep the red plate too.

Will sell.

^Bangkok doesn't do red plates for motorbikes, but some other provinces do. I know Nakhon Pathom does them.

Oh really, what plate do they put on a new bike in Bangkok these days?

No plate at all. You just ride around plateless until the white plate comes in. Not sure why they stopped doing red plates, but it's been like this for at least a couple years now.

^Bangkok doesn't do red plates for motorbikes, but some other provinces do. I know Nakhon Pathom does them.

Oh really, what plate do they put on a new bike in Bangkok these days?

No plate at all. You just ride around plateless until the white plate comes in. Not sure why they stopped doing red plates, but it's been like this for at least a couple years now.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.