Got a house quote, what do you think?

Yes I`ve seen the pre-approved plans before and theres nothing suitable or even anything I really like. By the time I had modified the plans to make something I would want , I would n`t be gaining anything.

There are other site you can download plans for a reasonable amount, but again...I have never found anything 100% suitable. So the extra for bepoke is well worth it me.

The thai design that as patio/terraces and balcony on the front looking into the street really puts me off. The Mrs says it`s for thais to sit in front of there new house and show off!

One of the design briefs I have is privacy and I don`t want a lot to be seen from the street. , so the house is pointing towards north (to be cooler) and towards the sea. The side to road will only see a few small windows, the main terrace and pool is in the U and many trees have been pre planted for shade....and privacy.

again thanks for the input, I`m learning a lot....

Martyn

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For what I see and read it is probably double the price then it should be.

Do some more research.

I`ve had 5 quotes, cheapest from thai for shell for...."about" 1.5mil for finished for "about" 2 mil.....? about means????... it would probably be much more.

From reputable builders for completed the best quotes have been 2.6 mil finished. Several have posted it should be half price...does this include everything on the spec sheets?

I would appreciate the contact details for these builders so I can benefit from these great prices?

thanks....Martyn

Do some more research.

I`ve had 5 quotes, cheapest from thai for shell for...."about" 1.5mil for finished for "about" 2 mil.....? about means????... it would probably be much more.

From reputable builders for completed the best quotes have been 2.6 mil finished. Several have posted it should be half price...does this include everything on the spec sheets?

I would appreciate the contact details for these builders so I can benefit from these great prices?

thanks....Martyn

please take some of the comments "should be much cheaper" not only with a grain but a table spoon of salt Martyn smile.png

nobody is able to judge the quoted price because detailed specifications do not exist. a home with a living area of 150m² can cost in Thailand (ex land) between 1 million and easily 10 million Baht. Thaivisa threads exist (photos as proof submitted) that homes somewhere in remote rural areas were built even below one million because relatives were used as workmen who were paid 150 Baht a day plus food.

but i'd have no problems to work out specifications which no builder could do below 12 million and i am not talking about 24k gold bathroom fixtures or door handles made of platinum.

slightly off topic. i worked out the specifications for the home i built 10 years ago. they comprised 32 pages plus approximately 120 sketches as well as detailed drawings. but if i had not been the first one to arrive and the last one to leave the construction site (and that for 11 months) the result would have been a disaster.

The thai design that as patio/terraces and balcony on the front looking into the street really puts me off. The Mrs says it`s for thais to sit in front of there new house and show off!

Last time you get any advice from me...pal

What did say? First is just my opinion and explanation to why I want my own design and second was my Mrs's answer to my question? Why have you taken offence? I'm really sorry mate.... Martyn

Edited by Crossy
fixed the quote

What did say? First is just my opinion and explanation to why I want my own design and second was my Mrs's answer to my question? Why have you taken offence? I'm really sorry mate.... Martyn

Forgiven..

A case of my poor frontal lobe function...facepalm.gif

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33523313

Do some more research.

thanks....Martyn

please take some of the comments "should be much cheaper" not only with a grain but a table spoon of salt Martyn smile.png

nobody is able to judge the quoted price because detailed specifications do not exist. a home with a living area of 150m² can cost in Thailand (ex land) between 1 million and easily 10 million Baht. Thaivisa threads exist (photos as proof submitted) that homes somewhere in remote rural areas were built even below one million because relatives were used as workmen who were paid 150 Baht a day plus food.

but i'd have no problems to work out specifications which no builder could do below 12 million and i am not talking about 24k gold bathroom fixtures or door handles made of platinum.

slightly off topic. i worked out the specifications for the home i built 10 years ago. they comprised 32 pages plus approximately 120 sketches as well as detailed drawings. but if i had not been the first one to arrive and the last one to leave the construction site (and that for 11 months) the result would have been a disaster.

Apologies for making the blanket statement that the price is too high. Agree with it all depending on specifications.

Try to get a net price for the shell and by the materials for the finishing yourself.

Good luck and keep us posted how things go.

Agree with all the posts regarding the need for you to be present when it is built.

From payment plan , it seems contractor has taken almost all of his profit margin in the first installment ...

So once he collects first payment... He's in the green and after that no motivation to see things through.

If any problems, he can walk away with his profit... That would make me worry

This basic style construction could be built for half the cost and the payment plan sucks. Don't even give it a 2nd thought. There are villas in Bang Saray with pools far better quality and sell for just over 4 Mil fully furnished.

I appreciate that it could be built cheaper, but with the same specs on the quote? As for the 4 mil villas I would appreciate any links to houses similar that are 300m to the beach and I will consider rethinking my plan to build myself. I have contacted 3 real estate agents and they all say the land price in land bang saray for land less than 500m to the sea is currently aprox 3500 to 4000 baht per sqm.

Maybe the houses you mention are over the sukhumvit on the darkside?

There is a well established and reputable developer in Bang Saray called Panya, He currently has 2 developments under construction village side of Suk with prices just over 4 mil and that's with a pool. You could go and see his developments to get a few ideas. Land in Bang Saray 300 Meters from the beach would be approx. 30-50K per Talang Wah so from the value you gave of yours I would assume it isn't directly by the beach and is located somewhere in the village with the quoted 300 Meters as the crow flies. Providing its situated on a Government tarmac road with existing neighbours of higher end villas then its worth spending a bit more, however if the land is down a dirt track somewhere with Thai neighbours that have chickens and dogs it wouldn't be worth it

Yes the land is in village, nearer to the navy Park. 300m to beach and on proper Road. The house to the rear is a very high standard, probably 15 million at a guess. One on the corner is approx 8 to 10. Another similar? There is a couple of budget fallang house and 2 Thai. It's only a matter of time and economics till they move on. So I would say spending on a premium quality is reasonable.

I have already contacted the contractor to try and get price for shell and labour for tiling, bathroom and kitchen fitting.

I have taken on board all the comments on payment schedule and will be renegotiating these....