Former Bangkok metropolitan police commissioner Kamronwit freed in Japan

webfact

And in other news, Japanese companies in Thailand will now enjoy special tax exemption status for 10 years...................

Likely to be more related to "railway diplomacy" than any other individual factor.....after all, there is a lot of money and almost as much "face" resting on Japan being granted the contract. wink.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And in other news, Japanese companies in Thailand will now enjoy special tax exemption status for 10 years...................

What? Kamronwit is a special friend of Prayut? Are you sure? I would have thought if he was he would have been released a lot quicker than this.

No, Kamronwit is an extra-special friend of Prayut's nemesis. Which in some ways makes it all the more surprising that he was released, but suggests that there were backdoor talks going on not only between Tokyo and Bangkok, but also Dubai-BKK to sort out this major faux pas.

Japan's claims to be a law based society will not be so strong any more as a result of this.....and all countries will have to up their searches of Thai elites' luggage, as a result of this major lapse at Swampy security.clap2.gif

As soon as he gets back to Thailand the story will change, and he will blame the Japanese government, all mouth when they are at home, because it don't work in Japan, but I am disappointed that he was not punished,

I think this was a good ending to an unfortunate situation

How is a criminal act being ignored for political reasons a "good ending"? You can't even claim he was elected, as if that absolves everything.

Well, you know, after the Great Financial Crisis of 2007, when the banks unleashed a storm of foreclosures, many supported by forged documents, and public outrage was running high, and lots of people wanted charges to be brought against the bankers who had destroyed the economy and reduced the total wealth of America by $14 Trillion, President Obama commented, "A lot of what they did wasn't illegal."

I'm not an expert in Japanese law. Heck, I know more about Thai law than I do about Japanese law, and I know almost nothing about Thai law. Now the prosecutors in Japan examined the evidence, the accusation, and interrogated the accused person. They decided that they did not have a case which would prevail in court. American prosecutors make the same kind of decision all the time. Am I likely to win this case in court? No? Then drop the charges and go on to the next case -- heaven knows there's never any shortage of prosecutions to handle. We really don't know why the Japanese prosecutors decided not to continue with the proceedings, but they may have decided that under Japanese law there was not a crime committed.

Yeah right, that's what happened….

...<deleted>, Nippon? Time to make a phone call to my diet members.

Of course, Hamp also got off.

Sure must be nice being rich and powerful somewhere (be it America or Thailand).

...<deleted>, Nippon? Time to make a phone call to my diet members.

Of course, Hamp also got off.

Sure must be nice being rich and powerful somewhere (be it America or Thailand).

Practice mindfulness, you will get there too. That's an overlooked fact.

How is a criminal act being ignored for political reasons a "good ending"? You can't even claim he was elected, as if that absolves everything.

Well, you know, after the Great Financial Crisis of 2007, when the banks unleashed a storm of foreclosures, many supported by forged documents, and public outrage was running high, and lots of people wanted charges to be brought against the bankers who had destroyed the economy and reduced the total wealth of America by $14 Trillion, President Obama commented, "A lot of what they did wasn't illegal."

I'm not an expert in Japanese law. Heck, I know more about Thai law than I do about Japanese law, and I know almost nothing about Thai law. Now the prosecutors in Japan examined the evidence, the accusation, and interrogated the accused person. They decided that they did not have a case which would prevail in court. American prosecutors make the same kind of decision all the time. Am I likely to win this case in court? No? Then drop the charges and go on to the next case -- heaven knows there's never any shortage of prosecutions to handle. We really don't know why the Japanese prosecutors decided not to continue with the proceedings, but they may have decided that under Japanese law there was not a crime committed.

That's a lot of writing to say nothing and then arrive at the exact wrong conclusion based on the statements given by the news agency.

Charges were dropped as a result of a special relationship - NOT as a result of no case to answer.

Meaning laws are applied differently depending on whether you have a special relationship.

Well, it looks like the general will get off the plane laughing and probably waving his .22 magnum in everybody's faces! Very poor show Japan, you would have got the train contract anyway, now all you look is WEAK! bah.giffacepalm.gifwai.gif

As I said all along this is not that serious as to commit a crime like this you need to show "Intent". Since he did not intend to commit a crime then they did the only thing they could do. Which was: Hold Him! Question Him! Then let Him Go!

You are probably 100% correct, but how can you be so certain?

Terrorists nowadays resort to all sorts of methods to achieve the goals.

I am sure EVERY SINGLE PERSON who flies is well aware of the rules about fire arms. Just arriving at the airport and seeing all the signs would be enough to jog someone's memory and make them check their baggage if they have carried a weapon. I cannot believe that he forgot he had it.

Brings back memories. Saw them sitting in the London passport office in 1980 once when I was applying for a passport. This was when their single Turning Japanese was out in the UK so presumably they were planning to tour abroad and needed passports.

The lead singer David Fenton now has a career as a music lawyer.

As I said all along this is not that serious as to commit a crime like this you need to show "Intent". Since he did not intend to commit a crime then they did the only thing they could do. Which was: Hold Him! Question Him! Then let Him Go!

I am sure EVERY SINGLE PERSON who flies is well aware of the rules about fire arms. Just arriving at the airport and seeing all the signs would be enough to jog someone's memory and make them check their baggage if they have carried a weapon. I cannot believe that he forgot he had it.

He didn't forget it, people of his ilk think their sh-t doesn't stink and they are allowed to do what they damn well please.

A very poor show on the part of Japan, if he was to be given a free-pass, he should have at least appeared before a judge and as a minimum given a severe bollocking for stupidity and to make sure the loss of face was well rubbed in.

Edited by Artisi

well does that mean that i can get on a plane at the airport in japan carrying a samurai sword with me ?

Yes, provided you have forgotten it was hanging off your belt.

He didn't forget it, people of his ilk think their sh-t doesn't stink and they are allowed to do what they damn well please.

A very poor show on the part of Japan, if he was to be given a free-pass, he should have at least appeared before a judge and as a minimum given a severe bollocking for stupidity and to make sure the loss of face was well rubbed in.

How do you know he is getting a "free-pass" ? How do you know that he has not appeared before a judge? We have only heard the announcements of some in the Thai establishment, and we have heard many times how they put their own spin ( lies) on the events that have occurred in other countries.

All we factually know at this point is that " Camronwit has been released from detention and handed over to the immigration police for deporting back to Thailand" . To me that sounds as if he is being thrown out of Japan in humiliation. Who knows what else is not being told. The Japanese are silent on the matter.

but they may have decided that under Japanese law there was not a crime committed.

Are you willing to test that theory? I dont think so.

No, deals were done and you or I would be getting "banged up" for some time for the same crime.

Pathetic but not unexpected,

and

(yes happens everywhere, but that always brings the same quote to my head, "those that seek power are those who are least best to have it.)

steelepules ....... like your train of thought about that .... and yesssss of course they get special treatment ....... back on Tuesday lol with or with the gun ..... but what ever its ok to carry a gun aboard a plane now ..... yet 1 more name gos on my hit list..... whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal, again.