Thank You Robbie Bloody Williams!

Vogele123

I don't believe it, first major gig I booked online in more than 10 years and Robbie Bloody Williams has cancelled the tour!

Last gig I booked was the Rolling Stones in Shanghai, cancelled too due to SARS - talk about bad luck! I only booked the damn thing 4 days ago.

Well Robbie Bloody Williams has cost me two air tickets two way from Chiang Mai, he has cost a nights accommodation in a Bangkok Hotel, thanks a lot! However the Singha Corp. will refund the ticket costs in TWO MONTHS!!!!

Way to go.

The only positive thing is that the UK Visa application centre have managed to book me a date in the morning in October to process my new passport, so at least one of the air tickets is still worth using.

What a waste of time and money.

He is a big fag anyway, but I just wanted to take my son to see a real concert, rather than the shrieking garbage they have around here, or girls with haystacks bursting out of their hotpants on the local temple stage doing some Coyote crap!

Then again, every cloud has a silver lining I suppose - I thought given an overnight stop in Bangkok it might give me a few hours to try out something new!

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/cas/5122067165.html

Cute eh? Comes with a few extras! Ha Ha!

Edited by Vogele123

Maybe you should go and see some good performers, Robbie Williams?? You would be better listening to Andy Williams, naw, he's deid, well Don Williams, when Robbie gets old, he will probably come to Thailand and join the fat tattooed brigade.

Edited by possum1931

Maybe you should go and see some good performers, Robbie Williams?? You would be better listening to Andy Williams, naw, he's deid, well Don Williams, when Robbie gets old, he will probably come to Thailand and join the fat tattooed brigade.

Totally agree, but there is not much in the way of decent bands that bother to come here unless you like those sickening Korean boy bands and a pile of has beens!

Believe me nothing would please me more than going to watch Motorhead, the Stones, Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen, Iggy Pop and many others, but they just don't bother coming here.

At least Robbie Williams has a reasonable act, bit of an entertainer (not really my music though) but it would be a lot better to go to than to sit through something like "Michael Learns To (SUXX COXX) Rock or that other cretin that was recently here with the stupid name, I forget his name thank God.

Aghhh! I Just remembered .....Michael Buble <deleted>!

Edited by Vogele123

Totally agree, but there is not much in the way of decent bands that bother to come here unless you like those sickening Korean boy bands and a pile of has beens!

Believe me nothing would please me more than going to watch Motorhead, the Stones, Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen, Iggy Pop and many others, but they just don't bother coming here.

At least Robbie Williams has a reasonable act, bit of an entertainer (not really my music though) but it would be a lot better to go to than to sit through something like "Michael Learns To (SUXX COXX) Rock or that other cretin that was recently here with the stupid name, I forget his name thank God.

Do you like any musical performers who are under the age of 65?

Edited by TheAppletons

Do you like any musical performers who are under the age of 65?

Is Vince Gill under the age of sixty five? or Randy Travis? What about Alan Jackson?

If you are asking me if I like those boy bands, with very little talent, then no.

If you can get over to Switzerland he's playing at an open air concert in Nyon, about 30 minutes drive from Geneva on the 24th!!

Otherwise, yoo toob have lots of concerts to watch from the privacy of your own living room. Without the sweaty pushing and shoving that happen at most concerts.

Myself, i'm going to see Simply Red in November. At a sit down concert. Inside.

If you can get over to Switzerland he's playing at an open air concert in Nyon, about 30 minutes drive from Geneva on the 24th!!

Otherwise, yoo toob have lots of concerts to watch from the privacy of your own living room. Without the sweaty pushing and shoving that happen at most concerts.

We're all getting older Patsy...

We're all getting older Patsy...

Sure beats not getting old CC..

It will be interesting to see what your son thinks of the friend you found for him on Craigslist. Maybe you can tell him the concert was cancelled but he still gets to meet him

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you eventually.

Why don't the Quo come over here? Mrs baboon can't get enough of them and reckons they would make a killing in Thailand..

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you eventually.

Why don't the Quo come over here? Mrs baboon can't get enough of them and reckons they would make a killing in Thailand..

The Quo would need to be wheeled on stage these days! Probably easier to get a stuffed Buddy Holly or a mounted version of Lynard Skynard. But where are the older progressive bands like the Violent Femmes, don't these people tour Asia? Is it left down to Linkin Park and Michael Buble or Michael Sucks The Cock?

Seriously though, there are not enough decent bands playing in Asia. (Probably because the Asians prefer their homogenous, asexual teen bands) You do however have to give them credit for supporting their own music, not many countries would ever put up with listening to some of the garbage they listen too.

And talking about classics-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dBt3mJtgJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOik7m2LQyg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwC2QljLn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aFqjP1iuzY

The kids today have no appreciation of quality!

When I was younger I used to travel thousands of miles (REALLY) to listen to bands like the Stranglers (Hugh Cornwell days) Iggy Pop, The Beautiful South, Motorhead, The Jam, The Violent Femmes, The Pogues, there is nothing in Asia that comes close to warranting a 500 mile trip to Bangkok - Robbie Williams was one of the last of the "Performers" at the very end of my generation - as I said before, he is a big fag and not my choice as a must see, but probably an interesting watch.

What made all of this worse - i.e Ticket refund for the Stones in Shanghai due to bloody SARS, Robbie Williams refund in Bangkok was the fact I was working in Shanghai again in 2013 and took my son over for a month and the first Sunday he was there Peter Hook and the Light were playing across in PuXi - A complete evening of Joy Division, and my son refused to go as it was advertised as 18+ and he was only 13 at the time. So missed out on another classic.

Come to think of it I would even travel down to Bangkok to see that idiot Vegan Retard Morrisey if he promised to sing ------- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUvM6NpALEQ But I hate the guy to be honest, but his songs are classics. Vegan idiot.

Edited by Vogele123

Saw the Quo at Burton Agnes a few weeks ago. There is plenty of life in the old Dog of Two Head yet. Can't say that I could imagine Motörhead playing Bangkok, but hey - Sodom did and released a live album...

Edit: Rush are another band who should do Bangkok..

Edited by baboon

Saw the Quo at Burton Agnes a few weeks ago. There is plenty of life in the old Dog of Two Head yet. Can't say that I could imagine Motörhead playing Bangkok, but hey - Sodom did and released a live album...

Jesus, they were old when I was young 30 years ago, next you will be telling me AC/DC are still around!

Actually, Brian Johnson Wor Geordie's lost his liggie - )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8wQwNQTmo

used to be in a band when I was about 16, he used to play in our local boozer, The Towneley Arms, some of the Gill Mob will remember the location. Whitesnake, White Spirit, also played there, sadly closed these days and turned into pensioner flats.

Eric Burdon used to pick up his girlfriend in a Caddilac 2 doors down from where my mother lived in Heworth Gateshead way back in the early '60's. Memories and stories.

Edited by Vogele123

Jesus, they were old when I was young 30 years ago, next you will be telling me AC/DC are still around!

used to be in a band when I was about 16, he used to play in our local boozer, The Towneley Arms, some of the Gill Mob will remember the location. Whitesnake, White Spirit, also played there, sadly closed these days and turned into pensioner flats.

Eric Burdon used to pick up his girlfriend in a Caddilac 2 doors down from where my mother lived in Heworth Gateshead way back in the early '60's. Memories and stories.

Yes they are. Don't be talking to me about shitesnake, mind..

Yes they are. Don't be talking to me about shitesnake, mind..

Ha Ha, You look like an old bastard too, great music, great times.! I never liked Whitesnake., they used to have a few bands that were much better but never made it - Punnilkux?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifQciC6Z9n4

Edited by Vogele123

• 4 months later...