Another Farang bites the dust - Pattaya

CapeThai

I'm not Thai bashing here, but quickly went into the 7-11 on Chaiprabruek RD in Jomtien beach and saw something I so seldom see... Young Farang guy with a "sweet" Thai lady and her whole family loading the counters with everything and anything they can get their hands on......with young and in love Farang standing with his open wallen.. Thai ladies "brother" actually having a trolley loading Loe's from the fridges and the rest doing shopping for 1 year supply...

Damn youngster was trying to make sense of it all wihile paying for everything....but his new found love "lady" assuring him in public the family needs to know he can take care and this is only a once off...... No shit it's only a once off as the young lad will be absolutely broke after this.

I just can't understand how they can do this to him in broad daylight and in public...... Have the Thai way of abusing Farang men for their money become COMPLETELY SHAMELESS ??

I have been here a while but it's the first time I have seen this happen.... Completely Shamelessly Taking Advantage of Farang Youngster in public.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to give an Honest reply to your post, but i think the mods would not allow it, It seems Thais have no respect for each other, so why would they respect a Foreigner. That's why in My opinion Thailands is on the wane it's had its day. Nearly everyone has a smart phone,, it will not be long before things like this are posted on Youtube. for the world to see.

Its a country of extremes. I've seen it on both sides, thai women (older and in need of love) being over generous too

I think in this case, the lady concerned is gaining "face" in the eyes of the family by showing she and sucker are Greng jai if thats the right way to spell it ?

We know it as taking advantage or taking the piss

Edited by Soutpeel

Its a country of extremes. I've seen it on both sides, thai women (older and in need of love) being over generous too

I think in this case, the lady concerned is gaining "face" in the eyes of the family by showing she and sucker are Greng jai if thats the right way to spell it ?

We know it as taking advantage or taking the piss

She ??

"No shit it's only a once off as the young lad will be absolutely broke after this"

It's not a one off for this Naive young fellow, merely a small down payment,it doesn't sound like he will wise up any time soon!

I would like to give an Honest reply to your post, but i think the mods would not allow it, It seems Thais have no respect for each other, so why would they respect a Foreigner. That's why in My opinion Thailands is on the wane it's had its day. Nearly everyone has a smart phone,, it will not be long before things like this are posted on Youtube. for the world to see.

Social media is catching up with them, its gone world wide with all the scams and crime against foreigners.coffee1.gif

Social media is catching up with them, its gone world wide with all the scams and crime against foreigners.coffee1.gif

May I missed something but a couldn't read any crime/scam in the OP...

They probably just planned a day at the beach and those things are a minimum supply for a Thai family...

Edited by Crazy chef 1

Yet still they come the farang in their millions, and have done for years and guess what plenty of them don't get scammed, it's called being street wise....That goes for anywhere you go in the world, it's not just a Thailand thing, it's a worldwide problem but one you can avoid if you are careful....

Q....I just can't understand how they can do this to him in broad daylight and in public

A.... Because they are greedy Thai's

Q.....Have the Thai way of abusing Farang men for their money become COMPLETELY SHAMELESS ??

A........ Yes because they can get away with it and they are greedy.

coffee1.gif

So you don't think he shares any responsability by being an idiot.

Yet still they come the farang in their millions, and have done for years and guess what plenty of them don't get scammed, it's called being street wise....That goes for anywhere you go in the world, it's not just a Thailand thing, it's a worldwide problem but one you can avoid if you are careful....

A fool and his money are easly parted ?

They probably just planned a day at the beach and those things are a minimum supply for a Thai family...

Back to the kitchen for you

Back to the kitchen for you

No straight to 7/11 and then to the beach with the family...

This is what poor families do,they assume we have the money.Should n't get too carried away it was only 711 and a day on the beach.Anyway he will soon get wise if it keeps happening.

Middle class/hi so thai families would n't do that,they would have too much respect for themselves, and often like to be seen splashing the cash themselves.

It depends on the young man's financial condition and savvy, as well as the condition and performance ability of the lady.

Sometimes paying extra for grade-A p*ssy is money well spent.

Edited by mesquite

Do not want to misjudge, but for some reason so many here take pride and joy in seeing other foreigners loosing money or being scammed.

This is the main difference between US and THEM.

When THEY go to other country, they stick together, help each other in all aspects.

When WE come here, we do nothing but try to put each other down, enjoy others losses and misfortunes and do very little to nothing when it comes to helping.

Not all foreigners are aware,not all want to believe, not all see what must be seen or have any kind of experience with scams.

May be next time OP, when you see "another farang biting the dust" you should approach him and try to tell him or educate him.

Reading some of the posts in this topic and there slagging off of an entire nation, based on the perceived actions of one family......

Thank goodness Thais don't judge all of us westerners in a similar fashion on the actions of our Grade 'A' tourists....... That would be soooo unfair, wouldn't it?

I'm not Thai bashing here,---Cape Thai

No of course your not cape Thai---as we can all see by the unbiased way you told the story................coffee1.gif

I'm not Thai bashing here,---that should go along with all the other great statements

The cheque in the post

This wont hurt a bit

Trust me ...............etc

Someone is buying some groceries --possibly a bit over the top This equals............The whole Thai race is one step up from the Nazi's

You go to the beach with your girlfriend and her family who you're meeting for the first time, and not knowing what everybody likes to eat and drink you tell everybody to pick out what they like, and as a gesture of goodwill you tell everyone you'll pick up the tab, and all of a sudden you're chump of the year?

OP you could learn something from 7-11 counter clerks. They almost never comment on what you're buying because they've been trained to respect the customer and his/her privacy.

Edited by Gecko123

You can go extreme in many ways. It felt weird for me to pay for dinner when out for the folks, something I regret now. Fortunately, I manned up and went with the flow.

One thing you can take away is don't meet family until you really know each other, like maybe a year. Otherwise it's too weird not knowing the culture and not having a trusting bond developed.

The Thai's are closer to family so they have a need to do the family thing much earlier then in the west.

If you know your girl well she will pick up on your hesitation and back the relatives off, otherwise it's just a free for all among strangers buying stuff.

Hope the post is not too intellectual for you folks. I'm using my brain more these days. I want to exercise my brain. Hope you can read this.

Edited by fey