License question

Dewey

Hello all,

I plan to buy a big bike (600cc++) and I have a question concerning the license. I have the bige bike license in my home country so I put it on my international

driving license and when I made my thai driving license with it I also asked for the motorcycle license ("Type Private Motorcycle").

Is it enough to ride a big bike or do I need to do something else ?

Thanks in advance.

If its correctly transfered to your Thai licence , your good to go . Basic insurance is provided with tax , so look at some "First Class" insurance . Take it easy , the "Rules of the road" are different in Thailand .

Thanks for the reply. For the insurance I will take the first class of course. And don't worry for the rules on the road, I've been driving a 100km everday since 3 years so I know they are different (I rent a few bikes already as well so I am prepared).

Just need to decide which model now :)

Nice one , and sorry , i forgot - Welcome ! . Dual sport / adventure bikes and nakeds are very popular , and more usable than the super sport bikes . Depends where you are , and what you want to do . Many keep a little run-about for local shopping .

Thanks. My choice is reduced to 3 models already.

- Er6n

- CB650F

- Monster 821

Of course my favorite is the monster but I want to test it. I tested the 796 but I didn't like the riding position (they change on the 821) and the heat was awfull but that sound...

It will be for my pleasure first and to go to work some days (driving under the highway).