• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:D-->

QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-09-19 21:24:25)

Imho Mr toxin has been expecting this for a long time...I suspect that all his illgotten wealth is safely away from LOS.....and is it confirmed that he has bought a house in London?

The ship is not sinking, but the rats are leaving!

Has he not got a Football club somewhere???

BB

He tried to buy Liverpool a few years ago but, to no avail. Unfortunately.... :D:o:D

redrus

what about this?

"At 2am, The Nation was informed by the Thai military that all telecommunication and internet connections in the country would be shut down in two hours’ time."

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...&sec=nation

At 4 am Thai time Thaksin was supposed to give a speech at the UN... Now he won't. Don't know if they'll cut the link anyway...

I surely hope not, anyway just got off the phone with a friend in Bangkok.

I'm not a fan of Thaksin, but the millitary taking control of a democratic country isn't a good thing.

TIT I guess..

If you still have Internet in 5 minutes in Thailand, let us know. Very interested to see if they cut off all Internet...

Fox News is of course telling us that this will help the terrorists. Lunatics.

I'm surprised Fox people know where Thailand is...

If you only watch Fox, it's the land of child sex and a gateway country for people who want to kill your family.

Attention American Citizens:

A group calling itself the Committee for Democratic Reform under the Monarchy as Head of State has apparently seized control of the government institutions in Bangkok and declared martial law.

We have seen various reports that the military has deployed troops around key government facilities and other strategic locations around Bangkok.

There are no indications of any violence at this point.

We advise all American Citizens to continue to monitor the situation closely, avoid any large gatherings and exercise discretion when moving about the city.

At this point, we are not advising Americans to leave Thailand; however, Americans planning to travel to Thailand may wish to carefully consider their options before traveling until the situation becomes clearer.

The Embassy will continue to follow developments closely. If there is any important information regarding the security of US citizens the Embassy will post it on the U.S. Embassy Bangkok and Department of State websites.

********************************************************************************

To subscribe or unsubscribe to this list, go to:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/embassy/acsemaillist.htm

The U.S. Embassy Consular Section is located at 95 Wireless Road,

Bangkok 10330, Thailand (Nearest BTS Skytrain station: Phloen Chit)

American Citizen Services Unit Window Hours:

Monday - Friday, 7:30 - 11 AM and 1 - 2 PM

Note: The ACS unit will be CLOSED on Friday, September 29 and Monday, October 9.

Tel: +66-2-205-4049 Fax: +66-2-205-4103

E-mail: [email protected]

If you still have Internet in 5 minutes in Thailand, let us know. Very interested to see if they cut off all Internet...

Fox News is of course telling us that this will help the terrorists. Lunatics.

I'm surprised Fox people know where Thailand is...

If you only watch Fox, it's the land of child sex and a gateway country for people who want to kill your family.

They have done such a great job though covering Iraq.... Not!

They also think that thaksin won't be allowed to renter thailand.

Thaksin will be allowed to reenter Thailand, and will be arrested and charged with crimes related to his profiteering from business deals he benefitted from while he is in office. As a criminal, he would not be elegible for elected office.

I am not sure this is happening with all TV stations but UBC seems to be down and only showing images of the king and rice fields. I have a slngblade which allows me to pull USA television over my internet connection. CNN is reporting that this attempt was not successful and that the powers that be are still in power, but they seem to be the only station saying this though. Anyone one have some first hand news?

This works on Mac OS X if you have Flip4Mac installed. It will stream with quicktime when you click the link.

STREAMING THAI TV

Here's a streaming video link from Thai TV. You must paste this into Windows Media Player, in order for it to work:

http://streaming1.ip-tv.tv/itv_live

What you do is open Windows Media Player, then go CTRL+U, and paste that URL in. Do NOT try to pull it up in your browser, as it won't work.

Attention American Citizens:

A group calling itself the Committee for Democratic Reform under the Monarchy as Head of State has apparently seized control of the government institutions in Bangkok and declared martial law.

We have seen various reports that the military has deployed troops around key government facilities and other strategic locations around Bangkok.

There are no indications of any violence at this point.

We advise all American Citizens to continue to monitor the situation closely, avoid any large gatherings and exercise discretion when moving about the city.

At this point, we are not advising Americans to leave Thailand; however, Americans planning to travel to Thailand may wish to carefully consider their options before traveling until the situation becomes clearer.

Where the hel_l did THAT come from? I have been watching the site all night and there is still nothing...

The Embassy will continue to follow developments closely. If there is any important information regarding the security of US citizens the Embassy will post it on the U.S. Embassy Bangkok and Department of State websites.

********************************************************************************

To subscribe or unsubscribe to this list, go to:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/embassy/acsemaillist.htm

The U.S. Embassy Consular Section is located at 95 Wireless Road,

Bangkok 10330, Thailand (Nearest BTS Skytrain station: Phloen Chit)

American Citizen Services Unit Window Hours:

Monday - Friday, 7:30 - 11 AM and 1 - 2 PM

Note: The ACS unit will be CLOSED on Friday, September 29 and Monday, October 9.

Tel: +66-2-205-4049 Fax: +66-2-205-4103

E-mail: [email protected]

Great! Surprise they didn't send it after everything was over...

Where did this come from? Its not on their site. Been watching all night. Are the phones still up?

Edited by PuaSai

PMSL - 2 minutes after 4am -

BBC showing pics sent in by viewers and advising that "if you're in Thailand you might not be able to see this broadcast, but if you're taking photos to send to us, please don't put yourself in danger while taking them"

:o Goold old Auntie Beeb - when they make a gaffe, it's a good 'un

Ain't there a few peopple that are still missing from a previous Coup :o

If you're thinking of the previous coup, they went missing when General Suchinda tried to become prime minister after the elections following the coup. That's when the problems happen - when coup leaders try to hang on to power.

Just after 4 and the internet still seems to be working. Hope I'm not speaking too soon. :o

Also the tv broadcasts have changed slightly now. It's still the same thing on every channel, but now we've got a program about some of the King's projects in rural areas - as far as I can gather anyway.

Ain't there a few peopple that are still missing from a previous Coup :o

If you're thinking of the previous coup, they went missing when General Suchinda tried to become prime minister after the elections following the coup. That's when the problems happen - when coup leaders try to hang on to power.

If I remember correctly, didn't HRH paid for the funeral of a Kiwi bloke that was shot by a stray bullet??

Anyone from outside of downtown BKK has checked if ATMs are still alive?

Might be right time to go get some cash.

Withdrew all cash from Kasikorn an hour ago.. A big queue + the machine had run out of 500's.Sukhumvit soi 55.

Was not going to take any chances...

a cheque at 1am?

No ATMS and transfers from other accounts to avoid the 40K max per day limit

Why isn't the forum showing who is on line and how many? Surely, today will set a record for the number of people on line at one time.

Last time I checked about an hour ago when I was logging on, there were about over 900 members at the same time just for this thread