Where do you guys keep your helmets?

I've been using a cheap full-face (or whatever you call it) helmet and I carry it everywhere. I'm buying a very expensive helmet soon and I would love to know a secure way to keep the helmet when I'm out to the mall, fancy restaurants that are far away etc.

Do you guys carry it everywhere? Or is there a lock specially made to lock a helmet to your bike? Without it being stolen by a guy with a pair of scissors of course... that happened to me once

Edited by MatteoBassini

Depends on what bike you have, but I bought a bicycle lock and put that through my handlebars and my helmet, pretty secure.

Of course if your bike has clip-ons instead of handlebars, this won't work.

This is the method that I use also, inexpensive and I've never had any trouble with it.

had 2 helmets stolen in 8 years and 1 went missing for about 3 days and suddenly reappeared no biggie for me as 2 were taken on new years eve and well i've had bigger incidents on the same night back home, enjoy.

I keep splitting my bobbies helmet, maybe I'm too old and trying too hard, but then again no pain no gain hey...facepalm.gif

I run a thick bicycle cable lock through mine too and store it on the bike so it can air out.

I know of straps being cut off so you need to run something through the actual eye opening.

There are special locks for helmets called... helmet locks :)

Lots of different ones and some bikes have special mounting points for those. Just google "helmet lock cbr250r" and I'm sure you'll find something.

I believe the CBR250 has a small locked seat storage?...

You can open the seat storage and then lay the long part of the chin strap across the opening with the helmet dangling down close to the side of the bike... Then while holding the strap close the lid...

The strap is wedged under the seat and can't be removed without reopening the lid...

post-23568-0-15871000-1437124699_thumb.j

Edited by sfokevin

For the expensive helmet, I carry it in the cloth bag provided and check it in the store. The cheap helmet leave it on the seat... One time, when buying a new helmet, I put the old on the scooter next to my HOG.. and left.. paying it forward... x style.. thumbsup.giftongue.pngcheesy.gif

You could just have some Index stickers made up and cover the expensive brand logos.

Some sources say stickers are bad for helmets.

someone actually stole my shitty 200b index helmet off my bike!!!!!!

after that, i just said screw helmets and stopped wearing them... .its WAY too hot driving around town to wear a helmet for me anyway

90% of my driving is just cruising 1-2km within pattaya, so i just dont wear one

if i was going to start doing some highway driving or long rides out of town, id get a good quality fullface helmet..... and a simple helmet lock that can go through a section of the bike and through the visor opening.

Always carry mine with me. Now I just need to remember to take the keys out of the bike when I park it!

I too have that problem. Went into the IT cafe for 2 hours once and didn't realise the keys were in the seat lock the whole time. No one stole it though, so good on Thais for that.

You could just have some Index stickers made up and cover the expensive brand logos.

after that, i just said screw helmets and stopped wearing them... .its WAY too hot driving around town to wear a helmet for me anyway

90% of my driving is just cruising 1-2km within pattaya, so i just dont wear one

if i was going to start doing some highway driving or long rides out of town, id get a good quality fullface helmet..... and a simple helmet lock that can go through a section of the bike and through the visor opening.

ARE YOU SERIOUS??????????

I had an accident when I was almost stationary ( guy ran into me ) and I was knocked unconcious. However, judging by the scrape marks on my helmet it saved me from a severe head injury after I was thrown onto the road.

I had my last accident 50 meters from my condo.

I wish you good luck, sir.