NEW - Honda 150 c.c Scooter Photos and in person viewing Model (SN)

JDGRUEN

The local shop here in Ao Nang has a white Honda SN? 150 c.c Scooter ... Photos attached. I have looked at it twice and took the photos as I am very interested in buying one. With the added stow box and windshield the price on the sign was 92,000 Baht - without Insurance included.

My Impressions: it is a cross between a Honda Click and a PCX I50 -- and that is a good thing... This new 'SN 150' has much larger wheels and tires than a Click but not as wide a tire as the Forza. But wheel diameter is much bigger than the small diameter Forza wheels. Disc Brakes on both wheels, larger fenders to accommodate the tires/wheels, the boot under the seat is much smaller capacity than a typical Click.

The added stow box on the rear looks like a wart and if I buy I will take it off unless they will sell it without .. it makes the shape of the scooter look clumsy and ungainly. I would probably buy some add on rigid 'saddle bags' - hopefully a modest size set is available. The windshield at first glance looks good - but then it is easy to see it is at the wrong angle -- but is adjustable, However the wind screen/shield is too big ... a slightly smaller one at a bit more laid back angle - adjusted to the rider's position and height would be great. The mirrors are not set wide enough for a big Farang like me. All I can see with mirrors like these is mostly my shoulder. I would have to get a set that could be adjusted a bit wider out and maybe wider ... but not out to an unsafe distance.

Even with my minor reservations as I see them... It is a good town scooter for me .. It has to be much more nimble than a Forza. The 150 c.c would get my 100 Kilos around more easily than a 125 Click.

I saw a few mentions of this scooter on the new Honda announcements (TVF) -- but I did not want to bury this post because I have the dealer show room photos. (the photos were taken at the best angles I could get considering the crowded showroom bike display.

I hope you like the first hand look and any feed back would be appreciated.

Guys - Please ... I'm just looking for a friendly discussion ... not a heated debate or

post-135557-0-30607700-1437105444_thumb.post-135557-0-27371500-1437105445_thumb.post-135557-0-31455700-1437105436_thumb.post-135557-0-13218600-1437105437_thumb.post-135557-0-19605200-1437105438_thumb.post-135557-0-24554100-1437105439_thumb.post-135557-0-30493000-1437105440_thumb.post-135557-0-30870500-1437105441_thumb.post-135557-0-19532100-1437105442_thumb.post-135557-0-24611900-1437105443_thumb.argument.

Thanks for these posts ... No wonder I could not find it in a search .. the Logo on the Bike looks like SN not SH ...

Also -- the sales gal at the Honda showroom could not find any brochures or even a product sheet on this bike ... I wonder if the one in the showroom is a 2013/2014 model and not an actual 2015 manufacture.

And after being in Thailand for nearly 18 months in about 15 towns and cities including the biggest ones - I have not ever before seen one on the street or in a showroom .. Not sexy enough for many I think...

But this is also good news ... as it means there has been a model year or more to iron out what was new release bike.

Thanks again - TVF proves worthwhile once more ... there is always a core of informed people to fill in the blanks.

honda has already stopped to sell the SH in Thailand(imported from Vietnam), so this is one of the last remaining........so there could be problems about spare parts/service in the future....

go for thr PCX if the Forza ia too big for you

Edited by MrJ

honda has already stopped to sell the SH in Thailand(imported from Vietnam), so this is one of the last remaining........so there could be problems about spare parts/service in the future....

go for thr PCX if the Forza ia too big for you

Thank you for more information. The PCX I like except for one thing... I use a bike for going to different shops and sometime going to Krabi Town -- some average 25 kilometers one way... In these trips I like to put packages in the foot well (as I call it) - picture the typical Click... The PCX and the Forza have this area taken up with chassis ... so very unhandy. I like the Forza but just for short trips of 1 to 5 kilometers though the town - it is a bit of an unnimble hog...

I do like the MaxSym 300i ... a tiny bit smaller in body (it seems to me) than the Forza -- it looks a bit more streamlined ... but then 155K is a bit for collecting packages about town.

Except for the wheels and tires... the parts for the SH seem to be very similar to many other models - especially engine parts - PCX -- I would think.

They have a 92K Baht sign on this unit at the Honda dealership in Ao Nang ... I may wave some cash at them - a lot less than the 92K and see what they do ... As - thanks to you and others - I find that his scooter is obviously not all that popular with the general buying public. Maybe they would just like to move it. I have never seen this scooter in this shop... They may have brought it in from another area dealership - perhaps in Krabi Town... I have little to lose in making a low ball offer - they can just say NO.... Also I do not see any Thais wanting this scooter - when - one it is Automatic shift and two - they can get many good bikes in a much lower price range.

I know Bike Dealers like financing to Thais as they get more money in the long run... and cash offers often have little effect - but this is a one of a kind scooter it seems...

I will post the results of my offer .. .Give them my business card with a 75-80 K offer written on it - and leave before they boot me out the door ... 555

Thank again for your help ... rattling on like this helps me make a plan... :)

My understanding is that this model was designed for the European market. As such, the ergonomics may be a bit better for a full-sized farang than, say, a Click or other similar scooter.

Probably the main reason they didn't do well here was the price difference between it and the PCX, not to mention the limited dealership availability (I don't think I've ever actually seen one in person).

Beauty and utility are in the eyes of the beholder. It is too bad that this model may disappear. Because for a big Farang, the large tires and wheels, the front and rear disk brakes, the 150 c.cs and overall 'up size' from a Click make it a GREAT around town vehicle... I can hang bags in the 'foot well' - get on and off easily with the leg pass through. And power off with my ample kilograms moved right along. The seat is a bit of a saddle making it a bit more comfortable. At modest town speeds - the more upright sitting position works just fine ... very much like the Click and some of the Yamahas.

Granted it is just not sexy or cool for those who are still bound by those cultural and societal 'cool' requirement

The Un-Sexy Scoopy is to me - similar -- too low, too heavy and not all that nimble ... but my actual objections to the Scoopy is - it is just - not 'non sexy' -- it is Anti-sexy with its big wide butt... Here in my area it seems to be very popular with the ladies. The low center of gravity seems to be a good quality for the Scoopy.

Don't think your likely to get a price reduction as 99% sales are on finance (where they make more money). I'd go for a PCX with lots of storage space under the seat.

I like the PCX but the chassis running right from the seat to the front - eliminating any 'foot well' makes it not very usable for me ... The PCX is far more of a motorbike than a scooter. But I may have to get one anyway ... but not excited about it.

I was looking at the same model in the Honda shop in Udonthani. Girl stated that it was made in Vietnam, and the price is 99,000 baht.

I agree with you about the screen, but there is a slightly larger than normal screen available for the PCX. We have a new PCX, with a top box for shopping, and have had no problems with it. A little bit too big for my wife of 37 kgs, and 150 cms tall, but she manages OK.

There was one at the Honda dealer at Niyom Panich in Chiang Mai. Looked over good and decided it was "fugly". I have both a 150cc PCX, and a Forza, (which my son loves and has pretty much taken over) and I'm happy with both for different reasons. PCX for in the city, Forza for longer highway trips. Works out good for me.

There was one at the Honda dealer at Niyom Panich in Chiang Mai. Looked over good and decided it was "fugly". I have both a 150cc PCX, and a Forza, (which my son loves and has pretty much taken over) and I'm happy with both for different reasons. PCX for in the city, Forza for longer highway trips. Works out good for me.

Ditto, I'm exactly the same.

Don't think your likely to get a price reduction as 99% sales are on finance (where they make more money). I'd go for a PCX with lots of storage space under the seat.

I like the PCX but the chassis running right from the seat to the front - eliminating any 'foot well' makes it not very usable for me ... The PCX is far more of a motorbike than a scooter. But I may have to get one anyway ... but not excited about it.

Sorry, though it's a great bike (PCX) , it's nothing like a motorbike. The riding techniques, excitement and experience is completely different IMO but I do accept that we are all different

Happy hunting

I think it is a good bike and can be easily serviced even if discontinued. I don't think the dealer will discount. There are 20 year old new bikes sitting in showrooms because the dealers will not further discount. However, I would find one slightly used and this is where you can likely save 15-20k.

Good thing about it being discontinued is the likelihood of theft will be reduced.

I've got a Honda SH300i in England, which is the same model type but has an engine of 280cc. I'd say the OP's pictures of the SH150i looks very similar to my bike. It's very quick and is what Honda called a flat bed scooter. It isn't really a scooter as it has big wheels and a long wheelbase and car drivers don't seem to identify it as such. The top speed on mine is just over 90 MPH and it has ABS brakes, fuel injection and even a cigarette lighter socket inside a small box under the handlebars. The exhaust silencer contains a catalytic converter too and gets really hot.

These scooters were designed for urban commuting involving motorways and I can confirm that they were brilliant for doing that and for carrying shopping on the flat bed and the shopping hook. Mine came with a detachable top box like a small suitcase plus an inner bag, and loads of room under the seat. I would have bought another new one but Honda is not selling them in England now. I know that they were very popular in Italy.and I saw loads when I was there. In England the final selling price for the SH300i was around £4,750 so they were quite expensive.

I was delighted like the OP when I found a SH150i on sale in Thailand in Pattaya as I thought that maybe I would be able to buy a SH300i but sadly this was not possible unless you bought it in another Country and then imported it. Honda simply thought it wouldn't sell in Thailand and so didn't import it.

For me, I wouldn't buy the SH150i as once you've ridden a SH300i you would be disappointed with the performance and would think it overpriced. In Thailand, I have a boring but terribly reliable Honda Click.and you can get spares for it anywhere. I don't think that there will be a problem concerning spares for the SH models, but I think that in Thailand you'll have to send off to Bangkok for them for the SH150i rather than getting them on the corner of every Soi as you do for the Click.

I bought the Honda SH150i last year (live in Samui) great bike/scooter.

Has 16 inch wheels tubeless tires, disc breaks front and rear.

I took direct the windscreen off, (I want to feel wind) the topbox was also included.

This motorbike/scooter feels better for me than the PCX, I can strech my arms while driving!

Engine seems the same like PCX.