MAXXIS tyres ?

Jessi

I need to fit a new set of tyres to my Corolla. I have Bridgestone on now and Im thinking of changing to MAXXIS tyres.

Any members on TV ever use them and what are your thoughts about them?

Many thanks.wai.gif

Michelin have a factory in Thailand as do Maxxis...I don't know about Bridgestone (who own Firestone).

i've had Maxxis on pickups for ten years and never had any grumbles. They have been various kinds of AT tyres. How the sedan types compare, I couldn't say....I guess you need to find out about tire noise and rates of wear against initial cost.

Thanks members, It seems that the motorist are happy with the MAXXIS tyres.

I have for the past 20 years plus have put Bridgestone tyres on my cars but Im not happy with

this lot, they have done 30,000k and they have become very noisy on the road.

I dont drive long distance at high speed its mainly used for around town now.

There is a good saving on the MAXXIS compared to the price of Bridgestone.

Another question?

Which are the quiet tyres in your opinion?

wai.gif

Thanks members, It seems that the motorist are happy with the MAXXIS tyres.

I have for the past 20 years plus have put Bridgestone tyres on my cars but Im not happy with

this lot, they have done 30,000k and they have become very noisy on the road.

I dont drive long distance at high speed its mainly used for around town now.

There is a good saving on the MAXXIS compared to the price of Bridgestone.

Another question?

Which are the quiet tyres in your opinion?

wai.gif

I've not used maxxis but saw them when I got my michelins. Tyreplus stock them. Tires tend to go noisy after a couple of years as the rubber hardens. I had bridgestones on my swift for 36000km. I just changed them all as I got two bad punctures. They were still soft and still had good tread. I could have got another 20-30K out of them I reckon. Upper spec bridgestones are good but quite expensive. I like my michelin pilot sport 3 as they have deep and wide grooving and I notice it most when driving in wet weather. They are quiet too. I'd stick with tires that are good in wet weather, living in Bangkok or where ever there is bad flooding on the roads.

don't take the review of Bridgestone as universal.

My ATs were 40% more than my Maxxis, they were VERY hard and noisy and showed signs of cracking after a couple of years. THey did what they were asked to do off road but certainly at odds with some of the sedan car tire reviews on this thread.