Dog Attacks

Seismic

The problem is not really being attacked or mauled, it's being nipped or bitten. Any skin break and it's rabies shots.

Secondly, this is almost always a man problem unless your dealing with a fighting animal or guard dog. I whipped out my pick the other night at a barking dog and started spanking it. The dog whimpered and went away. I won't go into philosophical issue here, but it's about being hte leader of the pack, an alpha male.

beatdeadhorse.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I whipped out my pick the other night at a barking dog and started spanking it. The dog whimpered and went away. I won't go into philosophical issue here, but it's about being hte leader of the pack, an alpha male.

Your pick, or was that a typo?

• 2 years later...
On 7/19/2015 at 7:30 AM, impulse said:

Having been tagged by a couple of dogs in Thailand, I'm 100% in favor of being able to defend yourself from them. But the laws don't really agree with me:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/737016-law-on-tasers-batons-and-pepper-spraymade-products

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/714457-is-pepper-spray-legal

What... pepper spray is not legal against dogs... let's thai parliament cry me a river. When i was living in Russia before I have big shotgun with anti bear and anti wolf bullets, I have hunter license and shot every stray dog i saw with zero legal issues. I could not use shotgun in cities and towns, but  on garbage fields in countryside  it was sweet:)

i very large pitbull came to sit at the door of 7-11 in pattaya last week,  i was scared shitless.  these things would maul the life out of you in a heartbeat and no amount of kicking or beating it with a baseball bat or iron bar would get it off you .

they should be banned !!!

24 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

i very large pitbull came to sit at the door of 7-11 in pattaya last week,  i was scared shitless.  these things would maul the life out of you in a heartbeat and no amount of kicking or beating it with a baseball bat or iron bar would get it off you .

Exactly! I would also bun every dog heavier than 25 kilos in public place and condo. If someone want to have dog heavier than 25 kilos he or she need to get dog license and prove he has house with fence around and neighbors are agree.

On 10/23/2017 at 3:17 PM, pumpjack said:

was it a stray? once those genes get into the soi dogs it will be big trouble, but the idiots will still be feeding the killers to 'make a merit'.

On 23/10/2017 at 6:17 PM, pumpjack said:

After going on a biting/attack spree this one had to be shot by police.

Notice how even while being clobbered with a weighted baton it gets low and comes in for the kill.

The squealing bitch was then corralled and given eventually medical attention. In Chiang Mai I once encountered two guard dogs pits just like this out for a bike ride who immediately came at me. If the owner was not there I would have been mauled.

I think it should have been destroyed as a menace to society in case it gets loose again.

A couple of days ago in Canberra Australia a womans own pit bull attacked her and mauled her to death then attacked the assisting police officer ....  he shot the dog.

Why people want to have a vicious dog as a pet is beyond belief .....  absolute knuckleheads  !!

On 7/18/2015 at 12:36 PM, elgordo38 said:

A good sturdy umbrella works good to. ...

I sat in on a mean dog training session for electric company workers (primarily meter readers) in the US.  The lady had trained a champion attack-type dog and that was her profession.  She recommended using an umbrella against aggressive dogs.  Point it at them and open and close it - freaks them out and distracts them. Kind of like the big lizard did to the fat IT guy in the Jurrasic Park movie.

She told a story about visiting a somewhat sketchy dog breeder's place in Florida and encountered several loose Rottweilers in a pack.  If she had not known dogs and their behavior she would have been toast.  Identify the Alpha dog, kick the nads of the underlings, etc. 

At her presentations, she would show a Belgian Malinoir, a Rotty and an Argentinian Dogo.  The Malinoir and Rotty were used in the demo to chomp on willing volunteers who were well padded.  She wouldn't let anyone get near the Dogo.  Big, calm, dumb-looking white dogs that were bred and trained to hunt down jaguars or whatever.

If you want to spritz something at mean dogs, try ammonia. It's a whole lot worse in the long run than pepper spray, though not perhaps an immediate deterrent.  Mix up some lye water and it will permanently blind them.