Check water level on a Honda Click?

Just about all if not all small motorbikes are air cooled.I bought A click for my granddaughter never saw anything

Saying water cooled.I would read your manual or just drive it to A Honda dealer.But I'm almost certain that it's air cooled.

i have a click and never checked the water,i have checked the dash.same as my cbr250 ,turn it on and it checks everything.also my new navara is the same.if you find the rad cap please let me no so i can tell honda where it is.

joking aside i think the click are great.burp.gif

Just about all if not all small motorbikes are air cooled.I bought A click for my granddaughter never saw anything

Saying water cooled.I would read your manual or just drive it to A Honda dealer.But I'm almost certain that it's air cooled.

Just about all if not all small motorbikes are water cooled.

so did i ,but its the wifes bike,but i have been wrong many times.i just get on or in and let the computer check all.

i have never checked the water in my 250 nor my oil but i no it is perfect,thats why i buy honda.

Thanks for replies.

To thrilled- if you google Honda Click engine, you will see that it is water cooled. Up till yesterday I thought it was air cooled.

OP , yes , thats the main radiator cap , and the plastic shroud needs to be removed / moved to one side , to check ( in morning , so "cold" ) theres no air in the rad .Overflow bottle should top the rad up , but still worth checking . Fill rad to top , replace cap , then check the overflow / expansion bottle level . You cant overfill this bottel , as it has a high level "overflow" hole .

The statment above is like saying that the whore on walking street really did love me :)

Can I suggest you take another look at the click :)

i have a click and never checked the water,i have checked the dash.same as my cbr250 ,turn it on and it checks everything.also my new navara is the same.if you find the rad cap please let me no so i can tell honda where it is.

joking aside i think the click are great.burp.gif

I think you mean "...please let you know..."... not "..no...".

Yes.... some of those little underbone bikes are water cooled. Cap under the seat..

under the seat, plastic bottle with easy to remove black rubber cap, top up with water coolant

Correct,I have same. 1 year old model.

Last month I had the 4,000 km service completed at my Honda dealer for my 12 month old 'Click'.

I watched as they changed oil and checked around.

When I asked about the water coolant, they said it was air cooled.

Reading this thread I just found the water coolant bottle............f****** amazing!

under the seat, plastic bottle with easy to remove black rubber cap, top up with water coolant

Correct,I have same. 1 year old model.

Last month I had the 4,000 km service completed at my Honda dealer for my 12 month old 'Click'.

I watched as they changed oil and checked around.

When I asked about the water coolant, they said it was air cooled.

Reading this thread I just found the water coolant bottle............f****** amazing!

what they meant to say was "its aircooled if there's no water in the radiator and we can't be bothered to check the water level"

From the sticky post on this forum:

If you have a water cooled scooter (Honda Airblade, Scoopy 50), I suggest changing the coolant at least once every 20-25k along with the thermostat and radiator hoses.

Make sure you buy only scooter specific coolant because these engines are all aluminum and other formulations of coolant can corrode the engine away itself. And please, don't use water!!

so did i ,but its the wifes bike,but i have been wrong many times.i just get on or in and let the computer check all.

i have never checked the water in my 250 nor my oil but i no it is perfect,thats why i buy honda.

Thanks for replies.

To thrilled- if you google Honda Click engine, you will see that it is water cooled. Up till yesterday I thought it was air cooled.

Note to self: Under no circumstances buy a used machine of any kind from Kelboy.

Despite the fact he never checks or changes any critical fluids, he knows they are "Perfect"

Sir have you considered a job with the Bangkok Traffic Management Department?

I've had a number of clicks, and service them regularly which is normally around 4,000 km, In the beginning I use to check it myself and to do it on the click is to lift up the seat you will see a white plastic cap with a black tub line hook up to it... best way is to put the bike on the it's main kick stand and start the bike up and let it idle. You can get a small bottle of anti-freeze mixture from most independent shops and just top it off.

You will also see a sticker on the bottom of the seat, which suggest the fluid should be replaced every 20,000 KM, this is also for the belt for the bike which replaces the standard chain. Personally after all these years I do not check it any longer never really had to because rarely any 100% of the time I take the bike to the dealer for the service and let them do it, it is cheap like 150 baht.

If you have a water cooled scooter (Honda Airblade, Scoopy 50), I suggest changing the coolant at least once every 20-25k along with the thermostat and radiator hoses.

Make sure you buy only scooter specific coolant because these engines are all aluminum and other formulations of coolant can corrode the engine away itself. And please, don't use water!!

Why not use water?

I checked with google and the only problem seems to be with sea water and aluminium hulls, and I'm not going to use seawater in my Click.

There can be a problem with aluminium heads and cast iron blocks, but you say the entire Click engine is aluminium.

Uppps! I just added water!

Thank you to all responders.

I have found the expansion chamber cap and filled it ( seemed to be very low ). Getting old so I miss things now, but in my defence it is a very small cap.

Cheers.

Peeps,

do not fill the 'Expansion' bottle to top (brim) the clue is in the name - expansion, it must have space for the coolant to expand as required. For those talking crap about just adding water - the correct coolant runs cooler than water hence protects the engine and also conatins inhibitors designed to protect internal water ways/jackets/pipework, don't be cheap use the right coolant,

Most modern scooters/small bikes are 4 stroke and now liquid cooled, there a few exceptions, the older 2stroke engines being air cooled which lots of small scooters and bikes used to be.

For the cost of hat a decent soi garage charges just service the bike every few thousand miles depending on conditions you ride it in (high dusty conditions would be sooner, dry low dust conditions you can leave longer) Look after your engine and it will give long life, skimp on fluid changes and service and it may well give up a lot quicker than designed.

The statment above is like saying that the whore on walking street really did love me smile.png

Can I suggest you take another look at the click smile.png

I'm old and stupid therefore cannot see an analogy between Walking street ladies and motorcycle cooling systems.

The statment above is like saying that the whore on walking street really did love me smile.png

Can I suggest you take another look at the click smile.png

I'm old and stupid therefore cannot see an analogy between Walking street ladies and motorcycle cooling systems.

Both can get too hot unless correctly filled...

I've had a number of clicks, and service them regularly which is normally around 4,000 km, In the beginning I use to check it myself and to do it on the click is to lift up the seat you will see a white plastic cap with a black tub line hook up to it... best way is to put the bike on the it's main kick stand and start the bike up and let it idle. You can get a small bottle of anti-freeze mixture from most independent shops and just top it off.

You will also see a sticker on the bottom of the seat, which suggest the fluid should be replaced every 20,000 KM, this is also for the belt for the bike which replaces the standard chain. Personally after all these years I do not check it any longer never really had to because rarely any 100% of the time I take the bike to the dealer for the service and let them do it, it is cheap like 150 baht.

You say ".. get a small bottle of anti-freeze mixture from most independent shops and just top it off."

I'm not sure why you would need anti-freeze in Thailand. It doesn't get quite that cold in the country. What would be good would be distilled water. When I drove cars, I would use distilled water in the rad. Never got any mineral build-up and it always worked perfectly. :)

Uppps! I just added water!

Certain mineral salts in regular water could cause a serious problem over time. If you wish.... you could use de-mineralized distilled water. That should be perfectly okay. It's what I used in my vehicles to prevent mineral buildup and corrosion.

For me, distilled water always worked great.. and kept the vehicle internal parts where the coolant water flowed, looking factory fresh. Unlike people who used regular water and got corrosion and mineral build-up over time..

But of course... that is only for areas where temperature never goes to freezing or below. In Thailand/Cambodia..... distilled water should be just fine.

I have found the expansion chamber cap and filled it ( seemed to be very low ). Getting old so I miss things now, but in my defence it is a very small cap.

Cheers.

Peeps,

do not fill the 'Expansion' bottle to top (brim) the clue is in the name - expansion, it must have space for the coolant to expand as required. For those talking crap about just adding water - the correct coolant runs cooler than water hence protects the engine and also conatins inhibitors designed to protect internal water ways/jackets/pipework, don't be cheap use the right coolant,

Most modern scooters/small bikes are 4 stroke and now liquid cooled, there a few exceptions, the older 2stroke engines being air cooled which lots of small scooters and bikes used to be.

For the cost of hat a decent soi garage charges just service the bike every few thousand miles depending on conditions you ride it in (high dusty conditions would be sooner, dry low dust conditions you can leave longer) Look after your engine and it will give long life, skimp on fluid changes and service and it may well give up a lot quicker than designed.

BUT if you put coolant with the wrong sort of inhibitors in it into an aluminium motor it will destroy it- check on google. If I could guarantee that I could get the correct coolant I would use it, but for now water is safer. Motors have been cooled with water ever since they invented radiator cooling.

As I stated, only use the correct specified coolant in your machine - don't know about Google, think would be wiser to just check out your manufacturers coolant spec and then use a like for like type product. Most modern coolants now come pre-mixed and use the correct inhibitors for all engine types (including Aluminum) as I said for the cost just let the guys at the local garge do the job for you or go and buy it. You really can not get the correct coolant for your bike anywhere...? I have had various bikes throughout my life both in the UK and LOS and have never had an issue with coolant, and have never used just water in a coolant sustem as it is just not correct and will cause damage and run hotter, but hey friend is your bike you happy to fill with plain water thats fine - Good luck with that thumbsup.gif

Cheers.

Peeps,

BUT if you put coolant with the wrong sort of inhibitors in it into an aluminium motor it will destroy it- check on google. If I could guarantee that I could get the correct coolant I would use it, but for now water is safer. Motors have been cooled with water ever since they invented radiator cooling.
Don't know of any makers recommending water as coolant,except like jet ski.