Tourists sent running after a tourist boat ran ashore in high speed in Pattaya

webfact

"around midnight after locals reported seeing the boat speed towards the shore, causing foreign tourists who were relaxing on the beach to flee for their lives."

hmmm relaxing on the beach after midnight, hope nobody got caught out with their pants down?

The Boat and the Captain were probably on the way to Koh Larn the next morning full of punters.

:)

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Without a doubt, news from Thailand brings me up when I am down. How can you ever get depressed when it is possible that the next news item may be even better.

However, the best place to be is on the beach if the boat is leaking, that way you are closer to the bottle shop.

He also refused to take the breathalyzer test telling them do they know who he was.

Will qualify him for a top job! bah.gif

Yup, failed boat driver (cannot call him a captain) one day, high ranking policeman (above the law) the next? whistling.gif Just thinking.

Just to satisfy myself, I went back to the online version of the unmentionable English Newspaper to reconfirm some statements.....primarily that the boat ran aground around 8PM ...... the police showed up at 11Pm and found the passengers still aboard, and the engine was still running..... I just on line,checked with this unnamed paper , and I cannot find one word regarding this incident at all...... not a mention.

Did anyone else read this online from this newspaper, or was there a write up in the newsstand version that someone has or has read. I would like to hear from you on this thread. Could the write up have been so wrong that the editors pulled the story from existence??? I even did a search on this papers site and absolutely nothing was brought up...... It seems like .... if you can't find it,...... it wasn't written.

Somebody check the hard copy or on line if you would please.

"around midnight after locals reported seeing the boat speed towards the shore, causing foreign tourists who were relaxing on the beach to flee for their lives."

hmmm relaxing on the beach after midnight, hope nobody got caught out with their pants down?

The Boat and the Captain were probably on the way to Koh Larn the next morning full of punters.

smile.png

Quote-------- the police arrived 3 hrs later -------- ??????????????????? that makes it 3am !!!!! You would be hard pushed to find a police at 3 o'clock in the morning or any tourists on the beach. I love Thai reporting,always good for a laughcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

"Are you capable of playing with a rubber duck in a bath tub? Yes! Ok, sign here, this is your new captains license."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif I doubt if thais (or their apologists) would appreciate or understand your subtle humor - I love it however cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Its impossible not to laugh at this idiocy here ...

Edited by Kannikapor88

Only in Thailand... I read this a bit earlier in the English Lang. Newspaper..... Another example of local ability not to see or not to ask questions...... just print. The article reported that the boat ran aground about 8PM and beach goers ran in all directions..... The article stated that when the police showed up , some 3 hours later, the engine was still running and all passengers were all still aboard. .....3 hours later police arrive, passengers still aboard...... engine still running .. No questions asked.... no answer forthcoming.....

I would say this is a direct result of training in Thai schools against asking questions

Quote: Only in Thailand

Quite easy to find examples of this all over the world.....and probably in your own country as well? Not a fan of Thailand I take it.....

Honestly? Examples of some in UK please.

That wreck would be flat out at 8-10knots.....High speedcheesy.gif Any normal person can run faster than the top speed of that (young ones)...

I would say faster than that, was on a normal dive boat and according to my GPS it was doing 14kts, Those Russian boats are supped up somewhat.

"found the skipper of the tourist boat, apparently drunk, "

How many times have we heard this kind of thing?

Normally I would say innocent until proven guilty... but in the case of DIC I would say guilty if refused test.

He also refused to take the breathalyzer test telling them do they know who he was.

Hope they reminded him there is a dereference between a boat and police captain...

Edited by Basil B

A couple of weeks back Pattayas' credibility was destroyed forever over a girl giving a customer oral sex in a nightclub. Though no danger to life whatsoever.

Yet this kind of incident happens, drunk skipper with passengers onboard runs aground at high speed, endangering not only the passengers lives, but also beach goers lives, yet no no social media uproar.

How are priorities categorized in Thailand I wonder ??

We have actually had a boost in tourist numbers since that incident was reported. :whistling:

Last week it was a tourist boat sinking due to a cracked hull that a pre-pubescent captain ignored.

Now a drunk and dangerous one that could have killed or maimed.........

Wasn't there some incentive to 'improve standards' initiated a year or so ago after a prior incident?

saw it on my daily walk yesterday and wondered what it was doing there. bang opposite the KFC at royal garden plaza, maybe the capt was peckish.

typical poor reporting the beach is pretty empty once it gets dark.

local media this morning reporting the cpt got a 6 months ban from the marine dept.

went by monday night at 22.00 and it had been refloated

the funniest thing was the deck chair guys in the morning put out the seats and umbrellas exactly as normal so they inches from the bow of the boat making it difficult to get past the thing. this is despite them being at least 80% empty at this time of year

Only in Thailand... I read this a bit earlier in the English Lang. Newspaper..... Another example of local ability not to see or not to ask questions...... just print. The article reported that the boat ran aground about 8PM and beach goers ran in all directions..... The article stated that when the police showed up , some 3 hours later, the engine was still running and all passengers were all still aboard. .....3 hours later police arrive, passengers still aboard...... engine still running .. No questions asked.... no answer forthcoming.....

I would say this is a direct result of training in Thai schools against asking questions

Quote: Only in Thailand

Quite easy to find examples of this all over the world.....and probably in your own country as well? Not a fan of Thailand I take it.....

Sir; If so easy please find and show a drunk captain steering his boat at full power onto a beach occupied by tourists all over the world. Then leaves the motor running while he wanders around the boat. Support your statement please!!!