now my PC is 3x faster .. try winsock reset ...

steven100

My Firefox was ' Not Responding ' every 2 minutes ...

I did a ' winsock reset ' and now it's 3x faster .... fixed the slow opening of websites, fixed the ' not responding ' and now it appears to be working well ....

This is what I did ....

I had this same issue and solved it. The problem was a registry error. Follow the instructions below to resolve it.

Go to ‘Run’ and open ‘cmd’

• Type ‘netsh’ in command console then press enter

• Then type ‘winsock’ and press enter and then type reset and press enter

• Restart Your PC

• Problem Is Solved :)

I am running Windows XP, IE7 & I always use firefox .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is a slightly different process but I believe the result will be the same ..

netsh winsock reset - Resetting Winsock Catalog and Solving Network Problem

netsh winsock reset is useful command that you can use in Microsoft Windows to reset winsock catalog back to default setting or clean state. You can try this if you are having following Internet access or networking problems but still failing to resolve the problem after trying all other suggestions.

- Internet or network problem after removing the adware, spyware, virus, worm, trojan horse, etc

- Loss network connection after installing/uninstalling adware, spyware, antispam, vpn, firewall or other networking programs

- Unable to access any webpage or can only access some webpages

- Pop-up error window with network related problem description

- No network connectivity due to registry errors

- DNS lookup problem

- Fail to renew the network adapter’s IP address or other DHCP errors

- Network connectivity issue with limited or no connections message

- Other networking problems

If you are using Windows XP, here is the way you can launch command prompt after logging in as administrator.

1)Go to Start and click Run…

2)Type cmd.exe and click OK.

Note: If you are Windows XP user and don’t used to play with commands, then you can try Winsockfix program to reset winsock catalog.

If you are using Windows Vista, here is the way you can launch command prompt.

1) Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories

2) Right-click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.

xvista-command-prompt-run-as-administrat

3) Type netsh winsock reset in command prompt and hit ENTER button.

xnetsh-winsock-reset.jpg.pagespeed.ic.pn

4) Restart the computer in order to complete the reset, after that test to access your network or Internet again.

works win 7 and 8 also

Winsock , is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services, especially TCP/IP. Windows ...

It actually seems to have cleared my issue with ie 9 which i posted yesterday so ty for the reminder

Edited by Brit_Doggie

Your still using XP.?I'm surprised that you don't have all kinds of viruses.Microsoft quit giving updates,fixes over A year ago.

Only A matter of time before you get A permanent freeze.Your probably getting spied on as I type this.

I'm running XP sp2 for more than 9 years now (no updates since 2011), never had any problem like this. When I had connection problems , it was always something with the router. But I bookmarked this post , just in case.

You just opened a post about XP , so it won't take long before you'll get bashing posts like "thrilled" before me ^^.

Win 10 is coming on the 29th , I'll bet one of these days the MS propaganda mill will start again , with the same BS about "unsafe" and "ordering" you to update. Don't listen to them . Win 10 is nsa approved .

Your still using XP.?I'm surprised that you don't have all kinds of viruses.Microsoft quit giving updates,fixes over A year ago.

Only A matter of time before you get A permanent freeze.Your probably getting spied on as I type this.

cheesy.gif

rolleyes.gif

I am using Window 7 and I tried netsh winsock reset and it seems to have cleared most of my Firefox not responding problem unless I am running IObit malware fighter when I once again get my Firefox not responding problem.

Saying that however it only happened once after I did my reset.