E-mail I recieved from the U.S. embassy

whistling.gif I received this email from the American Citizen Services yesterday about interviews with the embassy services on certain dates in August 2015.

I had made an appointment on the 10th of August'

Below is a cut-and-paste of what I received.

-------------------------

Unfortunately the US Embassy is going to be experiencing some technical systems issues on August 7th and August 10th and are unable to complete any appointments on those days. We have plenty of notarial appointment slots available starting on August 11th throughout the rest of the month. To reschedule your notarial appointment, when writing the last name for the appointment please write the last name and then the number “1”. For example Smith1, John. That way the system will not recognize that you previously had an appointment and will let you make a new one.

If you have any questions please let us know.

----------------

I'm posting this for any U.S. citizens info.

• Like 1

Well at least you got a response rather than waste a journey which is the norm within thailand so all good.

I agree.

Unlike Thai immigration who has given me appointment dates in the past....

and when I showed up, I found the office closed due to a holiday!

The are only open 4.5 hours a day to US Citizens Mon-Fri excluding US and Thai Holiday and the last Friday of each month.

Only makes sense they need to close down due to technical issues on a Friday (not the last of the month) and Monday.

It's quite possible that a higher HQ or the US Dept of State is conducting a system-wide computer upgrade/maintenance/repair during the time/dates mentioned and the local chaps have no say in the matter.

If you consider the time difference between here and the states it is only a 3 day shutdown of some kind there.

Friday morning here is late night on Thursday and Monday here is Sunday there.

I wonder how many people will show up on those days because they did not use a good email address on the appointment form.