Farangs and large tattoos: ugly or lovely?

Whatever you do, don't mention the scientific data correlating tattoos to an increased rate of mental health problems.

Unless you like being on the bottom of a dog pile of hate.

Correlation for you... "ice cream sales increase in the summer so does murder rates. Conclusion: ice cream raises murder rates"

I laughed pretty hard at this one. There is obviously an impulsive element to tattoos. Impulse overriding logic seems to be a trait that resides in people with diminished mental capacity. That being said... One does not translate into the other.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The topic title is 'Large tattoos' & 'lovely or ugly'. I don't want to speculate on the character of the tattooed or to make judgments about their station in life or morals.

In my opinion a small tattoo can be cute (on a girl) and manly on a man. What I consider ugly are those tattoos that give the appearance of long socks or long sleeves. I see girl dancers with huge tattoos covering their backs which make them look like mobile, nubile billboards. I am surprised MacDonalds does not rent some of them for special offers.

Tats are the visual equivilant to cigarette smoke.

Wow people can get sick from cigarette smoke, how does a tattoo cause disease ?

Your delusional, maybe your socks and sandals are too tight restricting blood flow to the upper regions of your body

He said 'visual'. that means does not smell or make people sick, or cause disease.

Wow people can get sick from cigarette smoke, how does a tattoo cause disease ?

Your delusional, maybe your socks and sandals are too tight restricting blood flow to the upper regions of your body

He said 'visual'. that means does not smell or make people sick, or cause disease.

Seems your socks and sandals are a wee bit tight as well dear boy

the person concerned was making idiotic comparisons

Imagine if mullets were permanent....

I never knew that those tattoos which are not permanent were called mullets.

Bet you had a chavy mullet back in the 80's or where you already middle aged by then ?

No I never, what has that got to do with being middle aged, or old aged, one of my best friends was in his late fifties, and got tattoos (permanent ones) to go

with his fat belly and facial hair just before he came here to Thailand to stay.

Yes, visual.

I don't see how something like cigarette smoke, which is unavoidable as your lungs can do nothing to avoid it is comparable to tattoos at all. You just have to look away. Better yet, just close your eyes and think about all of the things that don't effect you about that person being in your presence.

Tattoos are the visual equivalent of a radio station. If you don't like it... Change the station.

Yes, visual.

I don't see how something like cigarette smoke, which is unavoidable as your lungs can do nothing to avoid it is comparable to tattoos at all. You just have to look away. Better yet, just close your eyes and think about all of the things that don't effect you about that person being in your presence.

Tattoos are the visual equivalent of a radio station. If you don't like it... Change the station.

I don't see that either, but I think the poster was comparing the sight of cigarette smoke, not the smell of it, to tattoos.

Yes, visual.

I don't see that either, but I think the poster was comparing the sight of cigarette smoke, not the smell of it, to tattoos.

Still seem like a stretch. Your vision might be clouded by the smoke. Tattoos maybe could be compared to advertisements, or something like poor signage if you just can't turn your eyes away.

I can think of dramatically more distracting clothing than a tattoo. haha.

Since this is Thai Visa, an Thai related ... I would say the only tattoo I object to is any image of Lord Buddha.

That is quite objectionable.

"When in Rome"

As to the rest, it is your body, do whatever you like to it.

The scientist that managed to land a probe on a comet has tattoo's; does this mean he doesn't have a 'working brain'?

Does it effect you in any way? Really, worry about yourself and stop giving a damn about what other people choose to do.

It's a personal thing. Body art & decoration has been practiced since the beginning of time. Different strokes for different folks.

Especially by criminals, rich sports stars and low life trailer trash.

thankyou for your opinion of me as low life trailer trash as i have tattoo plus a bungalow worth £500.000 £200.000 in the bank and a good education those who throw the first stone comes to mind

Edited by mickyboy

Why does it bother you if someone has a tattoo?

Seriously mate get a life.

Nothing to do with "get a life" I personally have 7 tattoos it does not stop me to find some tattoos ugly, sometimes ridiculous or unsightly.

OK I guess I would not start an OP to say so biggrin.png

It's a personal thing. Body art & decoration has been practiced since the beginning of time. Different strokes for different folks.

Especially by criminals, rich sports stars and low life trailer trash.

OHH ain't we Special eh cheesy.gif

In Australia a lady I know showed me a tattoo that she got while on holiday in Thailand.. a small & rather attractive ... she didn't know what is said so I took a photo and when I returned to Thailand I had a friend translate it for me... it turned out to be English words in Thai script.... "Bush hag" was the the translation she came up with! I haven't haven't had the heart to tell her... lol..

correct, in history Indians had some tatoo,

mostly only temporarely when they went on war,

and decent on face or breast;

But what we see today ,

AGLY would be a too sweet word for it !

Its their body,

but than they should keep it also for their home and not try to hit the public !!

Ok I must admit I really hate Tattoos and often place people in certain categories if they have them. I’m 40 years old and when I was younger tattoos was not as normal as they are today so I guess that has formed my vision of them as people on the edge of society. But I know that these days many young people get tattoos and that the tattoo is not necessarily a statement of people being criminals.

But my biggest hate is the latest fashion where women get sleeve tattoos or writing across their chest. I feel that it ruins the look of the girls and I would never date a woman with big visible tattoo. But to be honest I’m too old to data a girl in her early 20’ies anyway so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Another thing that I don’t really understand is people getting names of their children and birthdates tattooed to their body. Are they affright that the will forget the?

So all in all I guess that I’m just judgmental against people with tattoos even though I like to see myself as an open person and that bothers me a bit.