So is now the time to go and buy some gold?

Perth Mint and U.S. Mint Cannot Meet Demand as Gold Bullion Demand Surges

Depressed prices have led to the usual market response, a surge in physical demand for coins and bars globally.

This is confirmed in conversations we have had with our refiner and mint partners in recent days. There are growing shortages of supply of small coins and bars. This is resulting in delays in receiving bullion and indeed to rising premiums.

Asian gold demand picked up this week keeping premiums robust and slightly higher in the world’s top gold buying regions.

http://www.goldcore.com/us/gold-blog/perth-mint-and-u-s-mint-cannot-meet-demand-as-gold-bullion-demand-surges/

it must be the "surging" demand that causes the price of gold to fall whistling.gif

post-35218-0-75946300-1438568978_thumb.j

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perth Mint and U.S. Mint Cannot Meet Demand as Gold Bullion Demand Surges

Depressed prices have led to the usual market response, a surge in physical demand for coins and bars globally.

This is confirmed in conversations we have had with our refiner and mint partners in recent days. There are growing shortages of supply of small coins and bars. This is resulting in delays in receiving bullion and indeed to rising premiums.

Asian gold demand picked up this week keeping premiums robust and slightly higher in the world’s top gold buying regions.

http://www.goldcore.com/us/gold-blog/perth-mint-and-u-s-mint-cannot-meet-demand-as-gold-bullion-demand-surges/

it must be the "surging" demand that causes the price of gold to fall whistling.gif

attachicon.gifau2015.jpg

Assuming that the surge in demand is real, it might be because it’s primarily small investors who buy one-ounce gold coins and Perth certificates but primarily large investors who move markets.

Everybody is different but i wouldn't buy any gold or invest it in anything! Life is too short.So my advice is to get outside and enjoy the adventure exploring Thailand and having a laugh on the way!

Farang Jaidee xwai2.gif

Look up either "Live Rich, Die Broke" or "Die Broke" by author Stephen Pollan. Interesting plan.

Have you heard of Bail-ins if not do some research

Indeed people should do some research. The recent drop in gold prices was part of the Jade Helm exercises. And the run on canned goods and American Eagle gold coins was caused by the cataclysm of events that the sheeple deny are going to break out in September:

http://www.infowars.com/what-is-going-to-happen-in-september-2015-why-are-so-many-people-storing-food-and-supplies

Indeed people should do some research. The recent drop in gold prices was part of the Jade Helm exercises. And the run on canned goods and American Eagle gold coins was caused by the cataclysm of events that the sheeple deny are going to break out in September:

http://www.infowars.com/what-is-going-to-happen-in-september-2015-why-are-so-many-people-storing-food-and-supplies

It wasn't clear from your post whether you agree that cataclysmic events are going to happen next month.

If you do, and September passes uneventfully, what are you going to worry about next?

Tesco running low on potatoes?

It wasn't clear from your post whether you agree that cataclysmic events are going to happen next month.

If you do, and September passes uneventfully, what are you going to worry about next?

Tesco running low on potatoes?

running low on potatoes, tomatoes or any other kind of vegetables is normalcy for any supermarket in Pattaya according to the Mrs. dry.png

worrisome in september would be new threads in Thaivisa, e.g.

-interested to buy [insert product], low quality no concern but must be expensive.

-my Thai <wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, ladyboy> wants to pay for all our expenses.

-thanks God that the Baht buys now much more <insert currency>.

-my <insert brand> aircon is producing electricity. every month i get big refunds.

-why do all Thais treat me with utmost respect although i'm a Farang?

-looking to buy 2nd hand Ferrari with low mileage. Honda Click must be accepted as downpayment.

-Khun Prayut gives away 100,000 free building plots (each 5 Rai) to Farangs.

-Pattaya bahtbus drivers offer bottle of Chang to go with every 5 Baht ride.

Assuming that the surge in demand is real, it might be because it’s primarily small investors who buy one-ounce gold coins and Perth certificates but primarily large investors who move markets.

The problem with any alleged "surge in demand" is that it can be met by simply printing up more gold contracts. Which is exactly what people think they're getting away from when they trade their fiat currency for a fiat gold contract.

Look at how much "gold" is traded in a year, then look up how much gold is mined in a year.

The problem with any alleged "surge in demand" is that it can be met by simply printing up more gold contracts. Which is exactly what people think they're getting away from when they trade their fiat currency for a fiat gold contract.

Look at how much "gold" is traded in a year, then look up how much gold is mined in a year.

thumbsup.gif

Last Friday afternoon in the latest daily Comex update 25,386 ounces of registered gold had been "adjusted" out of registered and into eligible. This reduction in deliverable Comex gold pushed the amount of registered Comex gold to an all time low at 351,519 ounces and registered Comex gold has never been lower! It also means that as of Friday's close there was 123.8 ounces in potential paper claims to every ounce of physical gold.

Edited by Asiantravel

Last Friday afternoon in the latest daily Comex update 25,386 ounces of registered gold had been "adjusted" out of registered and into eligible. This reduction in deliverable Comex gold pushed the amount of registered Comex gold to an all time low at 351,519 ounces and registered Comex gold has never been lower! It also means that as of Friday's close there was 123.8 ounces in potential paper claims to every ounce of physical gold.

Yup. Soooo much safer than fiat currency. No counter party risk at all...

The Price of Gold and Silver is being Manipulated down to keep the Dollar propped up to keep the Lie going that the US is in recovery its that simple

That's exactly right. My gold & silver might have gone down 35% in terms of manipudollars, but I am much richer in real terms.

The Price of Gold and Silver is being Manipulated down to keep the Dollar propped up to keep the Lie going that the US is in recovery its that simple

That's exactly right. My gold & silver might have gone down 35% in terms of manipudollars, but I am much richer in real terms.

How do you define real terms?

Strangely, my USD bank account doesn't seem to have lost any value against the USD like gold and silver have.

Strangely, my USD bank account doesn't seem to have lost any value against the USD like gold and silver have.

Does this mean if you now spent the same that suzannegoh did you would be 35% better off than them in real terms?

Or would you be even better off than that because you would have more metal than them and less manipu$?

My mind boggles.

The question is 'So is now the time to go and buy some gold?'. It is worth pointing out that the same question has been asked every time the price of gold has dropped during the last 5 years. ....maybe asked by the same person each time. Each time the answer was No. But this time is different. Guaranteed.

Apart from the Inflation at whatever rate that is

Where as Gold and Silver isn't affected by inflation

The question is 'So is now the time to go and buy some gold?'. It is worth pointing out that the same question has been asked every time the price of gold has dropped during the last 5 years. ....maybe asked by the same person each time. Each time the answer was No. But this time is different. Guaranteed.

Spot on

SheungWan

This time it maybe a matter of survival not just will I make any money on the deal

And remember that Paper money isn't money it's currency

Money has to be a store of values over time and that paper stuff doesn't do that

Where as Gold and Silver is Money

I have stated that 1 USD = 1 USD.

And you have taken issue with that statement.

Amazing.

“ In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value. If there were, the government would have to make its holding illegal, as was done in the case of gold. If everyone decided, for example, to convert all his bank deposits to silver or copper or any other good, and thereafter declined to accept checks as payment for goods, bank deposits would lose their purchasing power and government-created bank credit would be worthless as a claim on goods. The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.

This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard “

quote by Alan Greenspan Former Federal Reserve Chairman

http://bonnerandpartners.com/why-the-government-hates-gold/

Amazing.

He simply tried to make you understand what inflation is, but it seems he didn't succeed.

Amazing.

He simply tried to make you understand what inflation is, but it seems he didn't succeed.

One USD from January is still worth 1 USD today. My statement was really that simple.

It may not buy as many beans today because of inflation, but I can still trade it to someone for....a dollar. That simple.

I got the sense he (and suzannegoh) are trying to make gold and silver into something mystical and magical. They're not. They are commodity metals. They store wealth no better than platinum, copper, nickel and dozens of others that can be held. (Though you'd need a big mattress to hold a few million $$$ in copper) And all of the commodity metals have been taking a bath this year, gold and silver included.

Amazing.

One USD from January is still worth 1 USD today. My statement was really that simple.

It may not buy as many beans today because of inflation, but I can still trade it to someone for....a dollar. That simple.

I got the sense he (and suzannegoh) are trying to make gold and silver into something mystical and magical. They're not. They are commodity metals. They store wealth no better than platinum, copper, nickel and dozens of others that can be held. (Though you'd need a big mattress to hold a few million $$$ in copper) And all of the commodity metals have been taking a bath this year, gold and silver included.

I'm sure you will agree that the main reason that commodities, and that is not only the metals, have taken a bath is that they had gone literally through the roof in the previous few years.

Yet after the bathing most commodities still rate double of what they were in 2006.

James Turk-Money Bubble About to Pop

He actually says he DON"T know where it is going. So much for an analyst, but fair enough.

What if all people buy gold as much as they can. Price will eventually go up which is not bad for the gold-dollar ratio.

Then we have another 1933 and you can deliver your gold at a waste amount. Illuminati repeats itself as they don't seem to have any better scenario. Check history.

i can only shake my head and ask

what goods or services can be bought with the currency "Real Terms"? wacko.png