Heavy rains forecast in Northeast

Lite Beer

Heavy rains forecast in Northeast

UBON RATCHATHANI, 26 July 2015 (NNT) – The Meteorological Department has forecast heavy rains in the Northeast during this week.

The monsoon trough which passed through the upper North of Laos and reached the equatorial trough in the upper North of Vietnam will cause cloudbursts in 60-70 percent of the region between July 26 and 30.

Farmers are advised to prevent their paddies from blast disease and keep their cattle away from muddy or wet ground and the weather condition during the period will be conducive to foot-and-mouth disease.

Other regions will experience cloudy sky and scattered thunder showers in 30-40 percent of the areas during today and tomorrow.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-07-26 footer_n.gif

Nothing in Kalasin, a light drizzle for an hour in the mornings. Nothing compared to the past four years, no rainy season as of yet.

therefore people dont live in sahara, gobi or kalasin !!

at least I never here nomads from sahara complain - no rain !!

Nothing in Kalasin, a light drizzle for an hour in the mornings. Nothing compared to the past four years, no rainy season as of yet.

Nomads don't grow rice to make a living.

What part of Kalasin are you in? Here in the Roi-et, Mukdahan, Kalasin corner we have been getting lots of rain, pretty much everyday for the past two and a half, three weeks. Rained all last night and most of today.

Big down pour with strong wind in Kalasin at 5:30 for 30 minutes. Ever since very light to light steady rain, little to no respite. And, as of now, still rainin' still dreamin...

post-147745-0-21116500-1437919734_thumb.

What would he be writing and playing today?

27 was way too soon.

Nomads don't grow rice to make a living.

go with Ts and you don't need to plant rice,

just ask for compensation;

in 99% of rice growing, you calculate with 2 grains !

and not ask GVT for water for 3rd !!

Rain fall in the area of Seke/Bungkan (north eastern Thailand) has been steady all week. Additionally, we have had some intermittent heavy down pours during the same time period. The farmers here have finally received enough rain to plant their rice fields.

Dear Experts from the Thai Met office,

If you open your eyes, look at your local TV, or just study your own Satellite data, you will have known we have been having heavy rains in UD for more than 1 week. In fact in the region of 300 mm. Forecasts are supposed to be what may happen - not historic info.

How about the Sisaket area ?

Nothing strange, just the usual liquid sunshine.

Light rain in southern Sisaket (amphur Khantaralak) virtually all day. Useful for the farm/garden - the kind that soaks down, rather than running-off.

Similar in Meuang Ubon for part of the day

My wife told me that she saw certain snails who crawl higher and higher up trees. A sign for a flood in her eyes.

Please be aware that she's not a fortune teller,but a farmer's daughter. I hope that she's wrong. I went through the process once.

My wife told me that she saw certain snails who crawl higher and higher up trees. A sign for a flood in her eyes.

Please be aware that she's not a fortune teller,but a farmer's daughter. I hope that she's wrong. I went through the process once.

Crawling up trees ? Edited by DILLIGAD

Crawling up trees ?

My mom grew up on a farm as well and I was always surprised what my grandma knew about weather forecast. I've just Googled snail's behavior and fount a "petsnail" forum!!!" You're free to register and let them know what's really going on with these slimy things. Lol...( almost spilled my coffee over the keyboard)

Some "snail experts" really agree with my wife's statement and I'll change the tires at our submarine and put bicycle rims on it. Of course some lights underneath that people can see who it is.

Here's a snail expert's message :

Does that place had a flood recently?

Snails climb up in these situations: to reach a food source,to scape from a particular enemy, when the ground is too wet ( I mean with too much water) as well as when it´s too hot and they don´t have places to hide.

If snails don´t have stones or logs to hide below to scape from hot temperatures registered on the surface of the ground, they have to climb up, where the temperatures aren´t as hot.

They can be exposed to the sun, they would be as well if they were on the ground ( if there aren´t any significant fresh shade), with the difference that temperatures in the ground are much higher. So they prefer the trees.

Read more: http://petsnails.proboards.com/thread/1539/why-snails-climb#ixzz3hIY8NpuB