will i be respected and tolerated in Thailand? im my country im like a freak

srl1

photo-thumb-89533.jpg?_r=1368700204

karenbravo

i know bro there must be bad apples in buddhism, and many that uses flip flops but not 99%

that photo of the jet raised a lot of hate haha

photo-thumb-200306.jpg?_r=1390745366

swampdonkey

what what what?? why???????????

photo-110219.gif?_r=0

beetlejuice

i didnt understood can you explain it further beetle to help me please?

youngs are not as tolerated? why?

aesthethics is important for me and i kind of arise a feeling of pride

"dont hate me because im beautiful nigga" -lamar

photo-thumb-84769.jpeg?_r=1377950646

arunsakda

again that is not a troll,

ill teach you

troll means and offensive person, who go provoking others and saying bullshit, crazy things in order to amuse himself

jimmy from gta v explains it

SO, mine is not a troll, BECAUSE, what i say its real, im searching for TRUE help, thats not troll

its simple

thank you for the help arunsakda

no again i didnt redefine nothing, its just you dont know the much the meaning of tolerance and respect the same as the word troll, again you are mixing respect and tolerance, its backwards, public affection and no one saying a thing is not tolerated, but respected, its simple

yes thanks, i suppose i cannot be at temples because my feet would be too dirty, and at banks offices ets some must respect it even if they dont like it, i dress well the only part is that im always barefoot

well monks walk barefoot and go to temples, no then its ok

p.d. i love gta v

Thank you again. I will accept your narrow definition of trolling, but redefinition of common terminology is not acceptable. I am surprised you enjoy video games. I used to play them in arcades when I was a a kid. I tried my buddies play station 3 a few years ago at his condo. Soon I realized 3 hours had passed. I am worried if I purchased a play station I would waste time when I could be practicing, studying, exercising, etc.. They games are compelling, I cannot believe that people give these devices to children.

If you think public displays of affection are " respected" you are suffering from a fundamental misunderstanding of Thai culture. Spend some time here and you will understand. When I was younger I also believed I would be famous someday. I was suffering from delusions of grandeur. These mistaken expectations have been replaced by a more realistic understanding of my own impermanence, and lack of significance or importance of any kind.

Edited by arunsakda

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puggaddong

seriously???? omg thats awesome i will go to the jungle for some time and find a cave

how can i find one Puggaddong? just go to jungle and easy to find?

there are many tigers and bears in the jungle like south thailand?

i dont think i need a visa for being in the jungle lol

Going barefoot in the tropics is a bad idea; one cut and your foot will be infected really quick, even the poorest of people in Thailand have something on their feet, be practical rather than pretentious, practical is the real cool.

photo-thumb-165414.png?_r=1349430110

Going barefoot in the tropics is a bad idea; one cut and your foot will be infected really quick, even the poorest of people in Thailand have something on their feet, be practical rather than pretentious, practical is the real cool.

being informed is the real cool, it avoids you from saying bullshit

according to you monks should be die everyday for going barefoot, but no, does not get infected as you say, its pretty safe in most places, as safe as dogs (dogs walk barefoot safely in most parts)

you wanna play bullshit, saying what the media and society have teach you to say that you cannot speak with your head outside of societys butt ok i wont be playing that

shoes are the real criminal as they deform in nasty forms such a beautiful, important part as the human foot

going barefoot develops feet perfectly strong and healthy

I'm worried that his mummy doesn't know he's on the computer unsupervised.......

you call me a kid while you tend to use the logic level of a 5 year old kid mister 99% of the monks walks with flip flops and are criminals

Edited by srl1

Yup, definitely 99% exactly.

Got up at five in the morning and drove around Chalong to Phuket Town.

Looked at the first one hundred monks that I saw walking to collect food.

Only one of them bare-foot. The other 99 were wearing flip-flops.

What are the chances my estimate turned out to be spot-on?

There is a God (did the Buddhists get it wrong?).

Edited by KarenBravo

Good luck in becoming a Thai citizen... Let us know how that works out for you...

As far as your appearance, you will fit right in with the crowd on Khao San Road in Bangkok...

Mr OP, as you are so young, your belly probably won't be fat enough, and you will probably

need to be loudmouthed like a Yorkshire man.

Edited by possum1931

sorry for answering so late, maybe this message is not keep it by admins to not resurrect older posts

A self described freak. Why would Thais think you not a farang freak? Sheesh....

actually society is freak, im just acting according to nature, according to nature societies are freaks

Yup, definitely 99% exactly.

Got up at five in the morning and drove around Chalong to Phuket Town.

Looked at the first one hundred monks that I saw walking to collect food.

Only one of them bare-foot. The other 99 were wearing flip-flops.

What are the chances my estimate turned out to be spot-on?

There is a God (did the Buddhists get it wrong?).

thats cool, you have some basis i thought not, but generalize like that..

i can go to some city and saw 50 black persons and 5 white person, and its not wise to generalise than in amurica 1/10 is white

photo-thumb-146106.jpg?_r=1392439094

Good luck in becoming a Thai citizen... Let us know how that works out for you...

As far as your appearance, you will fit right in with the crowd on Khao San Road in Bangkok...

Mr OP, as you are so young, your belly probably won't be fat enough, and you will probably

need to be loudmouthed like a Yorkshire man.

my belly will remain fit and beautiful till i die

*can only quote 3 messages

I'm surprised (but maybe I shouldn't be) that people on here are giving this guy the time of day. I reckon he's enjoying a successful fishing trip and surely cannot be serious!

u think im not for real? youll see in few years as ill become famous in free run, very long hair, barefoot, i atract much attention but i dont like to atract attention its not cool like love acting in tv but hate being famous

youll see in few years as ill become famous

Only in your own lunch-time.

you mean this http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Legend+Of+Their+Own+Lunchtime?

lol ill be famous im extremely skilled in free run ill be one of the greatest free runners in history

my original goal was to be the greatest but i have other goal also and being only among the greatest balances my 2 goals

• 2 weeks later...

Appearance is very important in Thai culture and is seen as a reflection of internal merits.

Clean, well shaven and well dressed would be the way to go.

The way to go for you perhaps. I live in Thailand and respect the laws of the land. If I go to a temple I behave accordingly. However in general my appearance etc has zip to do with anyone. OP can appear however he wishes as they say in Thailand often. NOT YOUR BUSINESS

• 4 weeks later...

zzbuddha02.jpg

Took this picture in northern Thailand a few years ago.

Saw the same monks in Phuket about 2 months later.

thank you, yes ive been seeing a lot of barefoot monks, in bangkok and in krabi, but only in the mourning, all the monks ive seen in the afternoon wore shoes, only in the morning they could go barefoot always

Appearance is very important in Thai culture and is seen as a reflection of internal merits.

Clean, well shaven and well dressed would be the way to go.

The way to go for you perhaps. I live in Thailand and respect the laws of the land. If I go to a temple I behave accordingly. However in general my appearance etc has zip to do with anyone. OP can appear however he wishes as they say in Thailand often. NOT YOUR BUSINESS

not of your business thats a prhase they say in thailand? so cool, thank you i really liked that,

I would think the monks only walk a small way barefoot, the rest of the time they would wear shoes.

I do love walking around barefoot but in my home. Not out on the street. Here, in my country, you can be arrested for walking around barefoot. They consider you a vagrant. Perhaps, there may be a leeway for a monk.

And the monks i have seen here, all wear some sort of foot covering be it sandals or shoes. Or, in the Winter, Timberland boots like everyone else. Why risk catching pneumonia? Those pavements can get a bit icey and slippery.

Am i going off topic? But in a nice way?

Edited by Patsycat

I would think the monks only walk a small way barefoot, the rest of the time they would wear shoes.

I do love walking around barefoot but in my home. Not out on the street. Here, in my country, you can be arrested for walking around barefoot. They consider you a vagrant. Perhaps, there may be a leeway for a monk.

And the monks i have seen here, all wear some sort of foot covering be it sandals or shoes. Or, in the Winter, Timberland boots like everyone else. Why risk catching pneumonia? Those pavements can get a bit icey and slippery.

Am i going off topic? But in a nice way?

no, they walk barefoot in the morning long distances patsycat

in thailand theres not winter, maybe a little bit in the north

arrested? only places where you can be arrested are... some arab places and not for going barefoot but for showing skin and only applied to women although its better not do not socially accepted things in those places tolerance is not great there

american legal, china legal, thailand very legal, australia, europe,africa, south america etc legal

also i would like to end this post i mean i dont like so much attention i only wanted a few opinions lol