PEA accounts

roath

I am trying to get PEA to transfer the electric account from the previous owner to my name. They seem reluctant to do so and I wonder if there is any reason why a farang cannot have the electric account in their name or whether the office just isnt used to dealing with foreigners. My GF is on the blue tabien baan but I hold a yellow tabien baan. They were happy to set up the direct debit in my name. Has anyone else managed? I have an appointment tomorrow with the local supervisor so a heads up would be helpful.

A rather oblique answer, but at least it might prompt others:

A former landlady of mine maintained the PEA account for the place I rented in the name of the previous owner. I once questioned her about that, and she indicated that changing it would be a complicated procedure.

A rather oblique answer, but at least it might prompt others:

A former landlady of mine maintained the PEA account for the place I rented in the name of the previous owner. I once questioned her about that, and she indicated that changing it would be a complicated procedure.

We changed from the previous owners name and a company tariff to a domestic tariff. We had to pay from memory 6k baht to take over the meter. About 4/5 years later we received a letter from them addressed to the previous owner asking him to go and get his deposit back.............

It was supposed to be in both our names but recently my name seems to have literally fallen off the bill (not enough room for both). They did not really want to put my name on and we had to push quite hard to make it happen originally.

We changed from the previous owners name and a company tariff to a domestic tariff. We had to pay from memory 6k baht to take over the meter.

About six years ago, I did the same and had the account transferred from the company tariff, which was quite high, to my own name and a domestic price.

Can't remember details now, but I might have paid a deposit for the metre, too.

No details come to mind, but clearly it's possible. And I've had direct debit of the account for convenience since right after putting it into my own name.