'Gun did not belong to Kamronwit', police region 1 chief reveals

webfact

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More lies from these disgusting people - even saw some stupid biatches waiting to give roses to that criminel ... bah.gifcrazy.gifsick.gif

Yes, saw that picture in the BP. It speaks a thousand words. Cronyism at its worst. Who suggested to these young officers to line up and give him flowers?

'Gun did not belong to Camronwit', Police Region 1 chief reveals
The Nation

30265353-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- The gun that got former Metropolitan Police chief Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank in trouble in Japan did not belong to him and officials are now checking on its registration status, Provincial Police Region 1 chief Lt-General Amnuay Nimmano said yesterday.

Amnuay made this comment after Camronwit spoke to police yesterday for an hour and a half. Camronwit made no comment to reporters after he left. Amnuay said Camronwit gave useful information about what happened but he could not reveal details, only that Camronwit had three guns but the one found in his bag at Narita Airport was not his.

Amnuay said police had interviewed 17 witnesses, and would later summon Camronwit for more details, depending on the information sent by Japan.

He said investigators had asked the Office of the Attorney-General earlier yesterday to consider joining or taking over the investigation, as part of the case happened outside Thailand - and a decision on that should come in a few days.

He said Airports of Thailand had also set up a committee to investigate whether Camronwit had taken a gun through an airport here.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Gun-did-not-belong-to-Camronwit-Police-Region-1-ch-30265353.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-28

God whats wrong with this place these days ?

It looks like a returning hero <deleted> ... ok maybe just maybe its his mum but yeeesh it still makes me wanna puke sick.gif

Actually what its saying is the gun wasnt one of his registered ones, now that would mean its an illegal firearm and an unregistered one no ?

Oh i give up, someone just give him a medal and be done with it....

First he claimed it was his and registered.

Then he claimed his but he forgot about it

Now, it's not his.

I guess lucky Buddhism does not punish lying

This does nothing for the credibility of a government claiming they are intent on eradicating corruption.

Shame on Thailand

The fix is in.

What happened to the gun he did illegally smuggle into Japan?

Edited by Charlie Croker

He clearly broke the law in Japan and the Japanese should have charged him under the law - shame on you Japan. Sadly, this has now established a new legal precedent for others to follow.

He clearly lied over the status of the ownership of the gun - to every-one - including, what looks like falsifying documents.

Now he is home, where lying is accepted and this will blow over. Nothing will happen.

....for the umpteenth time...........it was originally announced as... 'unregistered'.....

...now ....'not his'....

...next..........'it never happened'.....???

...so the coverup..........for whatever reason..........becomes more complicated...

Every single passenger is asked the question - "Did you pack your bags yourself?" I wonder what he answered to that.

There are so many different stories coming out of this that we will never know the truth. TIT

the Thai's would be to timid as to ask him anything! just wai him and send him on his way! kudos to The Japanese who put his arrogant butt in the slammer for twenty days! he suffered a severe loss of face!

Every single passenger is asked the question - "Did you pack your bags yourself?" I wonder what he answered to that.

There are so many different stories coming out of this that we will never know the truth. TIT

the Thai's would be to timid as to ask him anything! just wai him and send him on his way! kudos to The Japanese who put his arrogant butt in the slammer for twenty days! he suffered a severe loss of face!

Thing is, you and I would not see the light of day for a good deal more than 20 days, and upon arriving back at home, would be bundled into the back of an unmarked car for a little 'chat' with the authorities who would not present us flowers at the end of it... Edited by baboon

So what?

It was still in his bag.

Why was he carrying a gun onto a plane is the real issue.

Oh and why isn't he rotting in a cell in Japan as anyone else stupid enough to take a gun onto a plane would be.

Great post!

I just wonder when in Thailand a "journalist" will have the guts to make the same questions as yours...

Another piece of half-assed journalism : is he in worse trouble for carrying an unregistered gun, or is this a clumsy Thai attempt to excuse him ?.

Are we expected to believe someone slipped a gun into his checked-in baggage without him knowing, then he slipped that same gun into his hand luggage on the way back - again without knowing ?.

Only the truly gullible could believe such a story. They probably think the Junta followed him to Japan just to plant this gun when he wasn't looking.

The rest of us think he carried an untraceable gun because that is how dirty lackeys like him take care of business. He was so arrogant+stupid, he forgot he doesn't have the protection of the government any more.

He should get the book thrown at him.

I hope they test that gun and see if anyone has been shot with it. I expect it will go missing before anyone gets around to thinking about that.

The important missing word in this story here is "legally" as in "not legally his." I So, if it is not registered to him, it can't possibly be his????? Yeah RIGHT!!!

In other words it gets worse, not better. Because, now the elephant in the room is.... What on earth was it doing in his medicine bag? Who put it there? Are the Japanese stupid?

So, will there be further information to come, or just an old-fashioned Traditional Thai............ pregnant silence?........

A period of attitude adjustment of several years perhaps could be appropriate given that inactive post transfers are out of the question in this case.

Over to you General. This is exactly the kind of thing the people of Thailand want closure on, to improve their state of happiness, as it is so often referred to.

All we need now is some crim to contact the media (in Japan not Thailand) and say "That was my gun. It was taken off me by X on Y date in Z city."

Edited by The Deerhunter

When you cannot dazzle with brilliance, baffle with B--- S---!

It's his... it's not his;... it's registered... it's not registered;... he brought it from Thailand... he didn't bring it from Thailand;... he went through security screening at BKK... he didn't go through security screening at BKK;... he and his layer know the truth. The rest of us shall be 'in the dark' forever.

rolleyes.gif

...just as he returned to the land of mystery and imagination.

Love it! Never a truer word! clap2.gif

Well at least they got together for 1 and a half hours to get their bullshit story straight, once again pass the buck,deny everything, look the other way, luckily lie detectors are not here yet.

What a load of crap.

If the LYING STARTS AT THE TOP. Then it OK for the common Thai person to lie. Ohhh,,,, yeah they are all liars to the bone anyways.

It's easy to understand the "Don't Thai me" (don't lie, don't rip me off etc) catch phrase doing the rounds of fellow ASEAN countries.

You're a disgrace Thailand.

Same as the koh tao murders where a lot of facts come out early then get washed over with completely unrealistic dribble. Cash & favours have been done & the whitewash show must go on, how people can live in thailand & stomach this I do not know :-/

Do you really think that this fiasco has tens of thousands of expats up in arms over the legalities and handling of these things. Sure we rant and rave a bit, but by next morning we are on another episode of the Life in Thailand show. It's what makes living here amusing. We aren't all about to uproot because some silly senior copper made an ass of himself.

Basically I really could not care less what happens to the character.

Up in arms , yesterday I read Thai Air are a sinking ship ,great stuff for a Monday. If I wasn't retired that would get me off to work in happy mode.

Lets be sensible about this.... He is a well respected, retired policeman.. he has carried a gun on his person all his life.. he has NEVER shot anyone, he has never committed an armed crime. He made a mistake and did not check his suitcase contents, I have a lovely little berretta Nano which could easily be lost in my soap bag. He spent 10 days in a Japanese prison.. Enough.........whistling.gif