Bangkok taxi driver denies raping passenger

webfact

Taxi driver denies Sukhumvit Road rape
By Coconuts Bangkok

taxi_15.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A taxi driver accused by a 20-year-old passenger of raping her on the way home to her condo in the Phra Khanong area turned himself in Saturday and denied all charges.

Arttapon Namseesuk, 29, handed himself in to Phra Khanong police station Saturday to defend himself after the victim’s older sister filed a police report and publicized his taxi license on social media.

“The taxi driver raped my little sister at 5am today,” Facebook user Pinpay Lipinpay wrote Wednesday, posting a snapshot of his license. “She’s lost her mind. The police haven’t helped us at all. She’s a country girl who came to Bangkok to work and send money back to her family. Now’s afraid of being infected with AIDS (he did not use protection)!”

Arttapon came forward and told police Saturday he picked the passenger up at Soi Sukhumvit 20, when she was sickenly intoxicated and could not even tell him her destination.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/27/taxi-driver-denies-sukhumvit-road-rape

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-28

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The taxi driver needs to learn that it's all about what happened "after" they started toward her destination.

There once was a man named Lodge,

Who had seat belts installed in his Dodge.

When his date was strapped in,

He committed a sin,

Without even leaving the garage.

Not that I think seat belts had anything to do with this alleged crime.

Not out the realm of possibilities that this event has taken place, I know of several Thai ladies who

will not take a taxi home at night......

Nor is it out of the realm of possibility that you would be writing to condemn the guy immediately ezzra......

The guy drove around until they could contact the sister to find out where to take her---

as she was sick all over the car the driver asked for money to clean it up.

He argued with the sister about that as she didn't want to pay----

He left all his details + his taxi license etc with the Sister---- (as most serial rapist do)

The Sister who accused him through facebook has now closed it all down.

Meanwhile he is banged up in Jail --unless he can get someone to stand bail.

Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-28

"Atthapon added the passenger threw up all over his car, so he demanded THB500 more to wash it from her sister, who met him at the condo and proceeded to argue with him.

Arttapon left his taxi license with the older sister before driving away. His family is preparing to request bail and fight in court, Nation TV reported.

After the taxi driver came forward to tell his side of the story, the victim’s sister Pinpay Lipinpay shut down her Facebook."

Edited by sanuk711

The taxi driver needs to learn that it's all about what happened "after" they started toward her destination.

There once was a man named Lodge,

Who had seat belts installed in his Dodge.

When his date was strapped in,

He committed a sin,

Without even leaving the garage.

Not that I think seat belts had anything to do with this alleged crime.

I guess if you say that with a Southern drawl, it rhymes. Doesn't work in English though. But you made your point.smile.png

Any taxi driver will tell you that the most dangerous passenger is a single drunk female. Cabs better equipped than here have cameras which take hundreds of photos each trip to protect drivers from accusations like these.

Not out the realm of possibilities that this event has taken place, I know of several Thai ladies who

Nor is it out of the realm of possibility that you would be writing to condemn the guy immediately ezzra......

The guy drove around until they could contact the sister to find out where to take her---

as she was sick all over the car the driver asked for money to clean it up.

He argued with the sister about that as she didn't want to pay----

He left all his details + his taxi license etc with the Sister---- (as most serial rapist do)

The Sister who accused him through facebook has now closed it all down.

Meanwhile he is banged up in Jail --unless he can get someone to stand bail.

Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-28

"Atthapon added the passenger threw up all over his car, so he demanded THB500 more to wash it from her sister, who met him at the condo and proceeded to argue with him.

Arttapon left his taxi license with the older sister before driving away. His family is preparing to request bail and fight in court, Nation TV reported.

After the taxi driver came forward to tell his side of the story, the victim’s sister Pinpay Lipinpay shut down her Facebook."

Yeah, it doesn't look good for the girl. We all suspect what her job is, and she's afraid of having contracted AIDS....now she has an excuse to the family...I was raped on my way home from the factory job......

+1

My Wife won't take Taxi's at night time... ever !... Additionally, I'm have little in the way of favourable opinions of Taxi's drivers...

However, in the interested of balance and being fair it seems that this is a case of drunk girl making a nuisance of herself..

Much as of what the initial article quotes and as seastallion has pointed out a couple of posts above, all logical points towards a driver who was simply doing his job in difficult circumstances...

Read the TV story, it reads as if lthe taxi driver's opinion is that any woman who get too drunk to take care of herself deserves what's coming to her.

Read the Coconuts story in full its more clear that this is a dispute over unpaid cleaning expenses.

Whoever heard of a rapist deliberately making a point of leaving their contact details for future payment, better yet handing themselves into the police. How often do we read of Thai people running from situations they caused.

Finally the sister who is making the claims has shut down her Facebook account. That's tantamount to going into exile for this generation.

It seems one of those very rare occasions when the taxi driver didn't do it.

Any woman who makes false acusations or rape or falsley accuses a man of child molestation should be subject to the same penalties as the accussed if they had been guilty.

I agree that false accusations are damaging, but I disagree that the punishment should be so harsh unless it can be proven without doubt that the false accusation was done out of spite or malice.

Society must not make it difficult for a woman to make a complaint....fear of not being able to prove the accusation should not deter any woman. We need to err on the side of caution.

Hmm, now how would a scum bag rapist make his victim look bad and get people to take his side?

What lies could he use?

Taxi drivers really enjoy cleaning vomit out of their cabs. It's such a pleasure to be off the road and not earning dirty money, and the perfume that remains makes your cab so much more attractive to new passengers.

Do rapists normally deliver their drunk victims home so that they can be readily identified by family members? If he had raped the girl in some quiet spot, why didn't he just steal any money she had with her and dump her on the side of the road?

Hmm, now how would a scum bag rapist make his victim look bad and get people to take his side?

What lies could he use?

He could close down his victim's sister's FB account and he could get the victim's sister to talk about her sister coming from up country and being afraid she has AIDS.....?

I guess what you're saying is if he was smart, he would pre-empt the accusation by leaving his ID with the sister, so that he could later use that as proof of his innocence, because the victim was too out of it to complain to her sister at the time but he anticipates when she sobers up a bit she will complain.

Possible.

Edited by Seastallion

What lies could he use?

Taxi drivers really enjoy cleaning vomit out of their cabs. It's such a pleasure to be off the road and not earning dirty money, and the perfume that remains makes your cab so much more attractive to new passengers.

If it happened.

Any woman who makes false acusations or rape or falsley accuses a man of child molestation should be subject to the same penalties as the accussed if they had been guilty.

I agree that false accusations are damaging, but I disagree that the punishment should be so harsh unless it can be proven without doubt that the false accusation was done out of spite or malice.

Society must not make it difficult for a woman to make a complaint....fear of not being able to prove the accusation should not deter any woman. We need to err on the side of caution.

We need to err on the side of caution? I think not.

Let's have equality if that's what these people want.

Where's the caution in naming and shaming an accused before a court case is even opened? All parties should be named publicly if all are adults.

What lies could he use?

He could close down his victim's sister's FB account and he could get the victim's sister to talk about her sister coming from up country and being afraid she has AIDS.....?

I guess what you're saying is if he was smart, he would pre-empt the accusation by leaving his ID with the sister, so that he could later use that as proof of his innocence, because the victim was too out of it to complain to her sister at the time but he anticipates when she sobers up a bit she will complain.

Possible.

No what I'm saying is a lot of posts here seem to be on the side of the alleged rapist.

He might be guilty or he might be innocent. We don't know but a lot seem to think his story is more credible.

Just putting across a different view.

As for shutting down the FB page. Once he's caught it has served it's purpose and should be shut down.

Sure the driver took pictures of the puke after he left. Or did he clean it and then take victim home.

We only have his word he "gave" id, the sister posted his his taxi licence details. Not that hard to take a photo of it.

Edited by Bluespunk

It should be double....they must take care who they acuse of what. Caution yes in what is charged.

We need to err on the side of caution? I think not.

Let's have equality if that's what these people want.

Where's the caution in naming and shaming an accused before a court case is even opened? All parties should be named publicly if all are adults.

What's more damaging, the molestation of a child, or a man's reputation being affected by an unproven accusation?

Keep in mind it's the accusation we are talking about.

I say encourage women to speak up, and encourage the public to base their opinions on convictions, not accusations against a man.

What lies could he use?

Possible.

No what I'm saying is a lot of posts here seem to be on the side of the alleged rapist.

He might be guilty or he might be innocent. We don't know but a lot seem to think his story is more credible.

As for shutting down the FB page. Once he's caught it has served it's purpose and should be shut down.

Sure the driver took pictures of the puke after he left. Or did he clean it and then take victim home.

We only have his word he "gave" his id. Not that hard to take a photo of it.

No...the sister showed the ID on FB....that's how he knew an accusation had been made.

I do see your angle....and I don't discard it. But at the moment the evidence/circumstances I see point to the girl making up a story.

We need an interview with the sister.

What lies could he use?

Possible.

We only have his word he "gave" his id. Not that hard to take a photo of it.

No...the sister showed the ID on FB....that's how he knew an accusation had been made.

I do see your angle....and I don't discard it. But at the moment the evidence/circumstances I see point to the girl making up a story.

We need an interview with the sister.

For me it's the other way. I've not encountered many taxi drivers who will take passengers at 5am who don't know where they want to go.

I've not seen the FB page but the OP mentions taxi licence not id. I'll follow the link to coconuts to see if it says which.

What lies could he use?

Possible.

Seastallion you are right, this is one sneaky taxi driver.

Although there is one fatal flaw to your argument. How to provoke the accusation of rape from the sister.

I have a theory...

He could have also used hypnosis to suggest the sister make the rape accusation, thus enabling him to prove himself innocent.

Even sneakier he can also sue her for libel and defamation.

Getting away with:

1 free rape

500bht outstanding cleaning costs

Damages (unspecified) for digital defamation - or is that a carnal act?

Although in all seriousness, the accuser has made it more difficult for real victims of rape by taxi drivers to make a reasonable case if she is lying. (really meaning when she is proven to be lying)

Do rapists normally deliver their drunk victims home so that they can be readily identified by family members? If he had raped the girl in some quiet spot, why didn't he just steal any money she had with her and dump her on the side of the road?

I have no idea what happened in this case, but stuff like that has happened before. I remember one case in Phuket where an Australian girl passed out in the tuk tuk. The driver raped her, and then proceeded to drive her back to her hotel. When a woman is black out drunk some guys think they can rape and get away with it because she won't remember anything. It's possible this guy raped her and still wanted the 500 baht for the vomit cleanup, and figured she wouldn't remember anything anyway so it was safe to leave his ID.

Edited by DP25

She may have well violated the computer crimes act, using it to slander an innocent party (assuming he is innocent). He should sue for slander. I don't know either way, just pointing it out.