New trend of young, educated Thai women with farang husbands emerges: researcher

webfact

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does this mean that farangs will no longer be getting fleeced by the cunning Thai female?

But seriously, the only question I would have is why would a young, educated, good-looking, and successful farang guy be searching for a wife in Thailand? Aren't there any young, attractive, and educated farang women in the west anymore?

Farang women usually (with a few exceptions) run out of shape at the age of 35 or after they married.
I know plenty of exceptions to that sweeping bit of nonsense.

Most of them wouldn't go near the typical kind of guy that age who ends up in Thailand though.

I didn't count the exceptions, maybe you're right, maybe your benchmark is different from mine.

I wouldn't even prefer a young Farang girl to a Thai woman. If young Farang girls don't want oldies like me, then everything is oK.

Anyway, this thread is about young Thai ladies, and I would like to see Farang womens' reactions if they lose Farang men now not only when they make holidays in Thailand :D

Please guys, enough with the equality bullshit. It's the cause of so many broken relationships in the west! You don't have 2 bosses at your job for a reason. Thai women want a traditional relationship where both parties have a responsibility to play their role. A woman is attracted to a man that is more dominated than her and is a leader (in charged). You can't act like a man in the west cause its been corrupted my Feminism hence the 60% divorce rate! Man up guys!

Please guys, enough with the equality bullshit. It's the cause of so many broken relationships in the west! You don't have 2 bosses at your job for a reason. Thai women want a traditional relationship where both parties have a responsibility to play their role. A woman is attracted to a man that is more dominated than her and is a leader (in charged). You can't act like a man in the west cause its been corrupted my Feminism hence the 60% divorce rate! Man up guys!

Give it up, dude. The dinosaurs lost.

So does this mean that farangs will no longer be getting fleeced by the cunning Thai female?

But seriously, the only question I would have is why would a young, educated, good-looking, and successful farang guy be searching for a wife in Thailand? Aren't there any young, attractive, and educated farang women in the west anymore?

Farang women usually (with a few exceptions) run out of shape at the age of 35 or after they married.

Most of them wouldn't go near the typical kind of guy that age who ends up in Thailand though.

mmmmm....so you said....

mmmmm....so you said....

I believe I might have mentioned it, yes.

Based on the similar couples I know, they didn't come here searching for a wife - they just happened to meet someone whilst here for other reasons.

Some of you really need to get your head around the fact that not everyone comes here for the women.

Wife and I worked in the same office, we're now married and have a daughter 10 years into our relationship. I sometimes think that I'm fortunate, but in reality I met a women, well educated, and now a GM of a number one company under normal circumstances. But like you said, some of us don't go looking for women in the obvious places. 5 year age difference, I must be lucky!

Maybe it because so many Thai men are a*holes ?

That pretty much sums it up. I've had several young, attractive, well educated Thai women with good jobs ask me where they can meet nice young western men. They've had some experience with Thai men and didn't like it.

Unfortunately for me I don't meet the young criteria, and unfortunately for tourists these women are not interested in being someone's short-time girl friend. Unfortunately for these young ladies there is a shortage of decent, responsible young western men who aren't already taken; I couldn't offer the ladies any names.

Haha I can't believe you have agreed with this parochial minded idiot. You two would make a good couple.

Firstly, how could you say that his statement sums it up?

It seems that you are the one who is not educated enough which leads you to have this silly assumption of all "Thai men are <deleted>". You believe this because a few girls said that they have had bad experience with Thai men.

Secondly, just because these girls have had bad experience with a couple of thai men, they instantly assume that all thai men are the same. The mojority of Thais are parochial minded even the educated ones. They all seems to think all farangs are gentlemen or some other stupid assumption. This is obviously not the case; same goes for Thai men. Why have I mentioned this?

For example, Thais seems to think that all black people are scary, bad, have no manners or have bad personality just base on their experience with a few black people. Moreover, the most funny thing of all is that they still discriminate black people(especially black Americans) who is more qualified to teach English than any blonde hair, blue eyes, white skin farangs, and yet they would rather hire a back packer to do the job. I could give you millions of examples.

My point is that these girls that asked you where to meet foreign guys are doing it base on their assumptions nothing else. In addition, Thailand is a third world country. The people will either be narrow minded or naive.

So what you are saying is that all Thai people can be narrow minded or naive but their men can not be a-holes heheee....

Most thai girls I have talked to have had similar instances with Thai men that you are replying about. Cheating, lazy, insensitive, not romantic, and viewed their relationship with the woman as a boss. The majority of Thai men I have seen and met were mostly lazy and wanting to spend more time with friends than with their wife. They used their extra money for booze and partying or for when they felt you lazy to work or for their mia noi. Case in point my wife's sisters hubby. Works as a teacher and instead of coming home to his family he goes to his friends house. Most nights he is out all night. On weekends he spends his quality family time with a bottle and friends and does nothing to improve his families life or lifestyle. All the money he makes teaching is gone so his wife has to use coal for cooking instead of filling the 140 baht gas tank. The workers at my house spend more time talking and taking breaks than working which is why i refused to pay daily for their jobs.

As for your comments about American blacks of which you either know nothing about them or lived a rich kids life because most are not well educated and those that are for the most are not in Thailand.

I think for every million examples you could give I could counter tenfold.

Noo, but of course there are some a**hole Thai men out there: same goes everywhere in the world. But if you read the previous comment, he basically said all Thai men are a**holes. How you can even make such stupid assumption? It's radiculus

I currently have three on the go. One has a masters, two have BA's, from decent international programs. To be honest, it's strange to see Western men shack up with partners educated to the level of a Western 10 yr old and communicate using toddler-talk.

But then, the World is strange.

coffee1.gif

“If society has pre-judged them [mia farang] that way, then what should they do

Do what my mia farang does. 1. Take care of beautiful loo kueng baby. 2. A little light house and yard work. 3. Enjoy the benefits of being 'wealthy'-- eat Kanom Chin and Korean barbeque with family everyday...and worry very little about money.

This article is bullcrap anyways. It would take a book or long article to properly examine something like this.

If society has pre-judged them [mia farang] that way, then what should they do

Do what my mia farang does. 1. Take care of beautiful loo kueng baby. 2. A little light house and yard work. 3. Enjoy the benefits of being 'wealthy'-- eat Kanom Chin and Korean barbeque with family everyday...and worry very little about money.

This article is bullcrap anyways. It would take a book or long article to properly examine something like this.

The OP is actually an announcement and a preview, the full article is to be published in August.

That pretty much sums it up. I've had several young, attractive, well educated Thai women with good jobs ask me where they can meet nice young western men. They've had some experience with Thai men and didn't like it.

Unfortunately for me I don't meet the young criteria, and unfortunately for tourists these women are not interested in being someone's short-time girl friend. Unfortunately for these young ladies there is a shortage of decent, responsible young western men who aren't already taken; I couldn't offer the ladies any names.

Haha I can't believe you have agreed with this parochial minded idiot. You two would make a good couple.

It seems that you are the one who is not educated enough which leads you to have this silly assumption of all "Thai men are <deleted>". You believe this because a few girls said that they have had bad experience with Thai men.

Secondly, just because these girls have had bad experience with a couple of thai men, they instantly assume that all thai men are the same. The mojority of Thais are parochial minded even the educated ones. They all seems to think all farangs are gentlemen or some other stupid assumption. This is obviously not the case; same goes for Thai men. Why have I mentioned this?

For example, Thais seems to think that all black people are scary, bad, have no manners or have bad personality just base on their experience with a few black people. Moreover, the most funny thing of all is that they still discriminate black people(especially black Americans) who is more qualified to teach English than any blonde hair, blue eyes, white skin farangs, and yet they would rather hire a back packer to do the job. I could give you millions of examples.

My point is that these girls that asked you where to meet foreign guys are doing it base on their assumptions nothing else. In addition, Thailand is a third world country. The people will either be narrow minded or naive.

So what you are saying is that all Thai people can be narrow minded or naive but their men can not be a-holes heheee....

Most thai girls I have talked to have had similar instances with Thai men that you are replying about. Cheating, lazy, insensitive, not romantic, and viewed their relationship with the woman as a boss. The majority of Thai men I have seen and met were mostly lazy and wanting to spend more time with friends than with their wife. They used their extra money for booze and partying or for when they felt you lazy to work or for their mia noi. Case in point my wife's sisters hubby. Works as a teacher and instead of coming home to his family he goes to his friends house. Most nights he is out all night. On weekends he spends his quality family time with a bottle and friends and does nothing to improve his families life or lifestyle. All the money he makes teaching is gone so his wife has to use coal for cooking instead of filling the 140 baht gas tank. The workers at my house spend more time talking and taking breaks than working which is why i refused to pay daily for their jobs.

As for your comments about American blacks of which you either know nothing about them or lived a rich kids life because most are not well educated and those that are for the most are not in Thailand.

Noo, but of course there are some a**hole Thai men out there: same goes everywhere in the world. But if you read the previous comment, he initially said all Thai men are a**holes of which I do not agree, but I do agree on your point on the majortiy of Thai men who are lazy, cheating, incentive and not romantic. But this also applies to many other guys around the world, it is not just confined to Thai men.

Again, as to why I said the majority of Thai girls are narrow minded or niave is that the majority of Thais ,genuinely speaking, are confined to the society that they live in. They will do the same as others, of to which I have referred in my previous comment that a black guy would be discriminated all over Thailand just because he is black. For example, I was at an agency and they told him that he will be paid less because he is black. Tell me please that is not narrow minded. This is not just one case.

As you can see that, this narrow minded mentality is set into every thai society. This is why some Thai girls want to date or marry a farang because they genuinely have had a bad experience with a Thai guy, and have this assumption of all Thai guys are bad and that all western guys are gentlemen, and will treat them well.

Furthermore, you have also mention that I have no idea about black Americans.... As I previously mentioned that "a qualified black American"; to which I was referring to only "qualified black Americans" will not be chosen for the job simply because he is black and a white skin, blonde hair, blue eyes back packer would be chosen for the teaching job. i am just simply stating that for the minority of black Americans who are well qualified are denied their rights. But yet you seem to be eager to write your contradictory comment. It seems that you are the one who had no idea as to what I was trying to point out.

Gee thats a shock LOL.... A Thai girl told me well many... Just looking at Thai man makes me shake and I have no feeling

Funny enough, white Farang women make ME shake and I have no sexual feeling for them. I can't even stand their smell, I'm about to vomit if there's too many around.

Maybe a hidden instinct for more variations in the gene pool.

Noo, but of course there are some a**hole Thai men out there: same goes everywhere in the world. But if you read the previous comment, he initially said all Thai men are a**holes of which I do not agree, but I do agree on your point on the majortiy of Thai men who are lazy, cheating, incentive and not romantic. But this also applies to many other guys around the world, it is not just confined to Thai men.

Again, as to why I said the majority of Thai girls are narrow minded or niave is that the majority of Thais ,genuinely speaking, are confined to the society that they live in. They will do the same as others, of to which I have referred in my previous comment that a black guy would be discriminated all over Thailand just because he is black. For example, I was at an agency and they told him that he will be paid less because he is black. Tell me please that is not narrow minded. This is not just one case.

As you can see that, this narrow minded mentality is set into every thai society. This is why some Thai girls want to date or marry a farang because they genuinely have had a bad experience with a Thai guy, and have this assumption of all Thai guys are bad and that all western guys are gentlemen, and will treat them well.

Furthermore, you have also mention that I have no idea about black Americans.... As I previously mentioned that "a qualified black American"; to which I was referring to only "qualified black Americans" will not be chosen for the job simply because he is black and a white skin, blonde hair, blue eyes back packer would be chosen for the teaching job. i am just simply stating that for the minority of black Americans who are well qualified are denied their rights. But yet you seem to be eager to write your contradictory comment. It seems that you are the one who had no idea as to what I was trying to point out.

Some would be an understatement. The prevalence of giks, Mia nois, and general screwing around is massive in Thailand.

Little recourse for physical violence or alimony for the wife also. All added up, Thailand is definitely a man's world.

Gee thats a shock LOL.... A Thai girl told me well many... Just looking at Thai man makes me shake and I have no feeling

Funny enough, white Farang women make ME shake and I have no sexual feeling for them. I can't even stand their smell, I'm about to vomit if there's too many around.

Maybe a hidden instinct for more variations in the gene pool.

Or maybe you're just being a bit over-dramatic. I know you guys like to pretend all farang women are grotesque - possibly a case of rejecting them because they rejected you - but now you're just being silly.

I currently have three on the go. One has a masters, two have BA's, from decent international programs. To be honest, it's strange to see Western men shack up with partners educated to the level of a Western 10 yr old and communicate using toddler-talk.

But then, the World is strange.

coffee1.gif

I don't know. Just speaking about my own family my grandfather pretended he was deaf for 20 years so he didn't have to listen to my grandmother and my dad got home stinking drunk every night and passed out in front of the TV for the same reason with my grandmothers daughter.

Seems the baby talk might be an improvement on most marriages in the West if my family is anything to go by.coffee1.gif

"I dont want clever conversation.....Never want to work that hard........just need someone that I can talk to......I want you just the way you are"

My wife is an educated former Thai woman, and she has a heart of gold, she is a hard worker and

very much a family oriented person. One thing that I have learned over the years though is that

a lot of the Thai/Canadian women that I have met, are pretty much just that. They are Thai women first

and Canadian women second. That means that they keep their Thai ways, their Thai thoughts, of

the family hierarchy etc., as in Older members of family get respect whether they deserve it or not,

Farang husbands get the respect as a farang member of the family, which is down a few notches

from the top, and that is why we are handymen, or the financial person, etc. I am a bit jaded now, and though

I have enjoy several years of a marriage, I feel some days, that it was not worth the emotional

feelings that I have today. It does not matter what part of the world that people are from, what matters

is if the marriage to these people is happy or not.

For me it is , : Lesson learned, time to move on.

How could that be, when the number of Farang has dropped so drastically recently! Now the country is full of Chinese and Russians. I was on Walking Street in Pattaya last night. Thopusands of Chinese all in tour groups passed by my seat . ..... in 15 minutes I only saw 5 farang go by

It is not "farang" is "falan".

No, Farang or Farrang.....comes from the time when the French were making the first diplomatic contacts with the Thais. white people were all seen as French or Farancai..../ Farrancai

Most Thais are to lazy to speak there language correctly and replace the R by L...or don't say the S at the end of a word that ends with a s. ....and a lot can not pronounce a R....maybe out of laziness to.....!!!

Check it out....!

Leave Berto alone, he is only trying to educate us with his profound knowledge of the Thai language.....lol

How could that be, when the number of Farang has dropped so drastically recently! Now the country is full of Chinese and Russians. I was on Walking Street in Pattaya last night. Thopusands of Chinese all in tour groups passed by my seat . ..... in 15 minutes I only saw 5 farang go by

Pattaya is not the whole country.

,Jeeeessssss. Took me an hour to read through the comments.

One thing is sure. WE ALL LOVE THAI LADIES.

An, ohhh man, do I love mine. And we are a young couple.

When (after 2 years) we "got togetherwub.png " in 2004:

She 24/ Isaan/ Matayom dropout/super-poor/single mum of an 8 year old girl (Thai man left when the belly grew, and I'm thankful 4 that)/having 101 jobs from dishwashing to freelancing in high-heels/looking hotblink.png /caracter:strict,honest,hot/with clear (down to earth)expectations in life

Me 26/Austrian/college dropout/mega-poor(no parents)/end up in Thailand after world tour gone wrong/101 jobs (no freelancing, just little)/very hondesome cassanova/living on day-to-day basis

Now. Married since 09/our son is getting 7 soon/our(her)daughter 17 attending an educ. in IT/lang/house/fat-ass pick up/bikes/occasional quarrels followed by hot s..whistling.gif

DAMN....I love my girl...and I know she feels the same. Because when we married I barely managed to afford all the paperwork, and we slept in the dark. I could afford the electric bill. Till today we both laugh tears when we speak of it.

Young Thai woman knowing what she wants? Rich/poor/educated or not.

Best thing that ever happened to me.

Night fellows...

I think I would prefer a more educated Thai women. I really am not sure. Being an engineer with a few degrees, sometimes having a bit more education helps communication, although as I get older, I suspect I won't care that much about technical things.

Archived