Frustration with losing the new post that I had just spent 30 minutes writing

n210mp

A good tip for any person posting either a new post or indeed any post in response to any thread in any of the forums is to write the post on something like windows notepad or similar and then save it and then paste it on TVF

I dont know why this phenomena happens so regularly to me but it does, as I am typing the post it will suddenly revert to another place on TVF and then when I return to the page the Auto save hasnt worked!

Like I said type your missive on place that isn't subject to problems and then copy and paste it into the forum, it will save you tons of frustration!

Edit

Yes I know I should take my own advice!

Edited by n210mp

I find this problem occurs more frequently if you have a slow connection. I don't have this problem anymore with a fast connection.

If you have a long post (i.e., requires 30 minutes to write), you can actually disconnect while you're writing and reconnect once you're ready to post.

I've had that happen. Now if I have a lot of effort into a post I periodically hit CTRL+A and then CTRL+C to select all and copy to the clipboard. Typing into Notepad is a pain because it doesn't do line breaks. However Notepad is great for pasting things into from the Web to strip all formatting except paragraph breaks before pasting into a post.

I write my posts out in longhand in a notebook. Then shuffle over to my computer, crank it up, double click on a browser icon, type http://thaivisa.com into the URL box in my browser, click on "forums" and scroll down to the appropriate forum, then to the appropriate topic and type out the contents of my notebook page.

It's such a hassle, most of the stuff in my notebook I never bother to post. Instead, I just give myself some likes and stick a gold star in the corner of the page.

This explains why, after being a member for ten years, I have a post count of a mere 2k+

But you should see my notebooks...I'm a remarkably well-liked prolific poster there.

T

If using Firefox, check out an add-in called Textarea Cache.

If you type out your post in a word processor/text editor and then paste it in you can alter the font once it's in the TVF editor.

Or maybe someone with authority does not like your posts.

Typing into Notepad is a pain because it doesn't do line breaks.

Turn word wrap on. It won't actually enter line breaks, which you don't want anyway when you paste in Thaivisa, but allows you to see the entire post rather than on one line. I assume you mean auto line breaks.

Sometimes when I hit reply and I see a long delay I quickly copy the entire post to the clipboard in preparation for reentering it if it fails.

Thanks for all the good advice and Im glad it just doesn't happen to me

Anthony 5

Thanks for that Ant but

I did try to get the autosaved copy but I just couldn't find it even when I started another reply but I Don't remember too much of what I did because my ire was in top gear and my fingers running all over the keyboard trying to find out what happened to my deeply thought out new thread 5555

Anthony 5

Thanks for that Ant but

I did try to get the autosaved copy but I just couldn't find it even when I started another reply but I Don't remember too much of what I did because my ire was in top gear and my fingers running all over the keyboard trying to find out what happened to my deeply thought out new thread 5555

I had a similar issue when I posted a new thread some time ago, in fact I forgot to post it, so when I went looking for the thread the next day I thought it was removed.

I even sent a PM to an administrator who told me that no thread was removed.

So as soon as I started a to post the thread again, actually after I had entered the same topic title, in the bottom left corned showed a small message that there was saved content and if I wanted to add it.

I clicked on it and the whole thread, which I wrote the previous night before I shut down my PC, auto filled in.

Anthony 5

Thanks for that Ant but

I had a similar issue when I posted a new thread some time ago, in fact I forgot to post it, so when I went looking for the thread the next day I thought it was removed.

I even sent a PM to an administrator who told me that no thread was removed.

So as soon as I started a to post the thread again, actually after I had entered the same topic title, in the bottom left corned showed a small message that there was saved content and if I wanted to add it.

I clicked on it and the whole thread, which I wrote the previous night before I shut down my PC, auto filled in.

I just did an experiment post and cancelled and yes it was autosaved, I'm baffled!

30 mins to write a post?

No one would have read it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now come on young fella where did I say it would take 30 minutes to read it!

Post from some on here would only take me a nano second to write, like yours and many more because they only contain a single sentence, usually sarcastic or negative!

Whoops there I go again taking the bait.

But then again I suppose I have to admit that the concentration time for a lot of the members on here would be no more than a minute or so so I guess you made a fair point in your Post

Time to write this post ten secs or approx

Edited by n210mp

Anyway, what was the post about?

A brief synopsis will do.........thumbsup.gif

Don't ask that, it'll take him an hour to tell

Now then Rocketboy, lad, what's all this getting at n210mp today, have I upset you somewhere along the line

Two posts from you in a very small thread and both having a little sarcy dig at me?

It couldn't be that somewhere in the past I have wrote a little something that you didn't like too much could it and this be a little payback!

And you Faraday giving one of his digs posts a like and then asking me to explain what the lost post was.

Some people have more front than Blackpool

ts a good job I'm not the sensitive type! 55555

Why waste time posting here at all.

But a domaine and hosting here:

http://www.hostingraja.in/

Build a site using wordpress:

https://wordpress.org/

And insert paid ads:

http://www.google.com/adsense/start/

Those 30 minutes you lost could of been spent improving your future.

Now I'm not sure where your interest is in this Bully lad but you have my pink tickled!

I have been for a while considering doing some creative writing in the form of a blog or similar, being a semi skint member the attraction of earning a little moolah is obviously of great interest to moi!

Maybe a PM could enlighten me on whether you have any pecuniary interest in the site that came up from your link or if simply you have had a good experience with them in a similar vein?

Regards

harvey

Now then Rocketboy, lad, what's all this getting at n210mp today, have I upset you somewhere along the line

Two posts from you in a very small thread and both having a little sarcy dig at me?

It couldn't be that somewhere in the past I have wrote a little something that you didn't like too much could it and this be a little payback!

And you Faraday giving one of his digs posts a like and then asking me to explain what the lost post was.

Thought that Rocket was being playful, that's why I give him a 'like'.

Tell me, what was your lost post about? Suspense is ' killing me. Serious blud! whistling.gifsmile.png

Mind you there are some rude bastards on here. Check out my posts from earlier today. Couldn't sodding believe it.

Never mind.

gigglem.gif

Edit: See the swear filter has deleted my minor profanity.....still, I don't swear in real life, so why should on here?? whistling.gif

Edited by faraday

Sorry :(

Thought that Rocket was being playful, that's why I give him a 'like'.

Tell me, what was your lost post about? Suspense is ' killing me. Serious blud! whistling.gifsmile.png

Mind you there are some rude bastards on here. Check out my posts from earlier today. Couldn't sodding believe it.

Never mind.

gigglem.gif

Edit: See the swear filter has deleted my minor profanity.....still, I don't swear in real life, so why should on here?? whistling.gif

I was trying to lighten the ops mood after losing his thread.

I didn't want op losing his mind over it!

Anyway op, come on, what was it about, I am interested really. :)

Thanks all for making it clear to me that those things happen not only to me.

Similarly: write a reply - post it - nothing happens - click again - half hour later I see I have a double post - edit it - half hour later etc.

Perhaps leave it to the moderators to delete double posts?

(I once had a ?quadruple? post - pardon my English)

I've probably removed dozens of duplicates over the last couple of weeks, much more than normal. I know there has been some issues with 3BB as there seems to be some commonality between dups and network hanging and 3BB has been mentioned by members. Not sure about other providers.

I've probably removed dozens of duplicates over the last couple of weeks, much more than normal. I know there has been some issues with 3BB as there seems to be some commonality between dups and network hanging and 3BB has been mentioned by members. Not sure about other providers.

laugh.png So you suffered in silence - that's the spirit!

I do not think 3BB is the one to blame though, as I am in Europe now, and it happens to me all the time.

Faraday and Rocketboy

What a nice change for someone to actually be nice on here but really but you know when I have a rant or go into a bit of hurt feelings type of response to posts similar to yours , it's normally because I am trying to stimulate a good old debate argument.

Yes I admit it, idle hand and minds usually make mischief.

I must say that your responses to my little flames sparks were entirely agreeable, courteous and not in keeping with TVF style which usually results in a mind stretching debate where the thread wonders off into Siberia until the MODS waken up and steer it back on track usually petering out in a good old slanging match.

In fact your super posts have completely taken me off my stride and I am gobsmacked to the thought of actually thinking is this the way that TVF is going to go , beggar the thought!

I am shortly off to bed trying to avoid the call of the 100 pipers, been having a little too much more than my normal 2 mild sensations a night so I will re post that new post that I lost but it will have to be later

Once again thank you for your nice posts