Germany's example offers guiding light as darkness threatens to descend again

webfact

Fact remains: Thais despise each other. Political stability is a long way coming. coffee1.gif

Indeed, if you drive around Chiang Mai, you see an increasing number of red flags tied to street furniture in defiance of the Junta.

Europe is doomed! Germany was already dead when it was forced to accept the Euro and out of all the EU states Germany will fall last. Europe will see hyperinflation, civil war and a totalitarian regime. So what guiding light are they talking about?

Ein volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer.

In English, it means "one people, one Empire, one leader". Dangerous propaganda from Germany, and it's dangerous when the Nation Newspaper tries to exert this type of philosophy on Thailand. Also makes Thailand look ridiculous. Don't do this, Nation Newspaper.

Fact remains: Thais despise each other. Political stability is a long way coming. coffee1.gif

Well, lots of the rich ones despise the poor ones. Treat and regard them as a bunch of peasants. Nationalism is about love for the nation and it's people. That's why linking nationalism with Thailand is absurd.

How can a nation be 'nationalistic' when it operates giant brothels (Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza, Pattaya) to service foreign men ? And yet, the Nation Newspaper still sometimes tries to portray an attitude of Thai nationalism.

Lets look to Germany as an example, but drive round with swastikas on our cars, because really we know nothing of anything outside this country other than people come over to spend money and we take as much as we can,

Is that accurate?

Couldn't be bothered reading my eyesights going, feeling psychic though.

I would estimate I hit the nail.

"but drive round with swastikas on our cars, because really we know nothing of anything outside this country "

Are maybe you are the one knowing nothing about swastika, an ancient symbol used in Hinduism and Buddhism.

in Vietnam you can find Buddhist temples with swastikas on and this temples are 200 years old.... so...

You are the one who knows nothing about the use of the swastika in Thailand. No maybe on that. The person you criticize is referring to the love affair that many Thais have with Nazi symbols. You obviously do not know the difference. Here's a primer for you;

attachicon.gifswastika.jpg

How do you expect to be taken seriously if you consider behaviour such as this religious based?

attachicon.gifswatika 2.jpg attachicon.gifswatika4.jpg

The last photo is quite something. Will you now insist that this clueless twit is a very religious woman celebrating Buddhism?

Most rational people people will see her for what she is: An uneducated, ignorant fool celebrating Adolf.

I suggest you get out more often.

What about this guy

post-163165-0-04960000-1438720792_thumb.

Lets look to Germany as an example, but drive round with swastikas on our cars, because really we know nothing of anything outside this country other than people come over to spend money and we take as much as we can,

Is that accurate?

Couldn't be bothered reading my eyesights going, feeling psychic though.

I would estimate I hit the nail.

"but drive round with swastikas on our cars, because really we know nothing of anything outside this country "

Are maybe you are the one knowing nothing about swastika, an ancient symbol used in Hinduism and Buddhism.

in Vietnam you can find Buddhist temples with swastikas on and this temples are 200 years old.... so...

You are the one who knows nothing about the use of the swastika in Thailand. No maybe on that. The person you criticize is referring to the love affair that many Thais have with Nazi symbols. You obviously do not know the difference. Here's a primer for you;

attachicon.gifswastika.jpg

How do you expect to be taken seriously if you consider behaviour such as this religious based?

attachicon.gifswatika 2.jpg attachicon.gifswatika4.jpg

The last photo is quite something. Will you now insist that this clueless twit is a very religious woman celebrating Buddhism?

Most rational people people will see her for what she is: An uneducated, ignorant fool celebrating Adolf.

I suggest you get out more often.

I believe you hit the nail on the head - education! Until the masses have a good level of education, they will continually be "bribed" by the highest bidder, with little or no understanding of politics, or the appalling way many politicians (and very rich) are allowed to conduct themselves with little or no accountability or transparency. I would liken Thailand to the time of the Magna Carta in the UK, so they have a long, long, long way to go to solving their issues. I love Thailand and many of the people, but sadly I feel I can no longer live here and watch them tear themselves apart time and again and the wanton lawlessness that oft goes unchecked. Sadly reconciliation will not happen in my lifetime. I will of course come back to holiday from time to time, but living in the "wild west" permanently has lost it's appeal. It will probably take us a year to get everything together and of course once we go, I will follow developments avidly on Thai Visa.

I'm one step ahead of you Buddy.

While I utterly DESPISE my (USA) federal government, I despise the corruption in Thailand even more.

What is it? 18 coups in 90 years.....They'll have another one next year just because it's the norm.

I'm no fan of overzealous cops, but at least most cops do try to do a decent job in the US.

I have yet to be shaken down for a bribe by any cop in the US.....Something that happened to me quite regularly in Thailand. "You, you...drive wrong lane...200 baht".

Yep, I love Thailand, wife is Thai, daughter is hah-sip/hah-sip.

I will always return, but no more living there for me.