Phetchaburi Muslim community protests bacon factory

webfact

They have a valid point.

No, they don't. This is everything that is wrong with the Muslim faith. Everything is an indignation to their religion and they want special treatment, special laws, even though they don't live in a Muslim country. They are entitled to equal protection, and so is the developer of the bacon factory. If they can prove actual damage from air, water, noise or any other kind of pollution, they can take this matter up through the political (not much protection from zoning laws) or legal process. Claims that this is some kind of indignation of their religion, a violation of their livelihood or infringe on their practice of Islam are specious and not actionable.

I agree absolutely. Everything non-Muslim is an offence and indignation to Allah Go live in Malaysia or Bangladesh and you won't have this problem, and take your revolting Halal killing rituals with you. It is special treatment, demanded as a softener for the next level of indignation they will claim to suffer. With apologies to Leonard Cohen "First we take the bacon, then we take the Wat" (substitute Manhattan & Berlin for bacon & Wat, if you do not understand.)

BTW Leonard Cohen is a Jewish name & I am reminded that Halal and Kosher are similar if not identical practices when it come to pumping out all the blood in a religiously correct slaughter technique. Both are painful & relatively slow ways of killing and do not belong in civilized countries. I have a great deal of personal experience in slaughtering animals as humanely as possible. Turn off the power switch to the lights & motor as instantaneously and painlessly as possible if you have to do it. Have some respect for the animal! I think slowly bleeding animals to death to satisfy outdated magical religious "niceties" is revolting.

Edited by The Deerhunter

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is indeed refreshing to see this mob of whingers are not only whinging in the west, also in a third world country as well , ( Thailand used to be an emerging economy ) now if my memory serves me right I think under section 44 rule they can order the bacon factory too be built in the Mosque , me doth think that these people of religion nature protest to much, loosen up ladies and enjoy life. coffee1.gif

"under section 44 rule they can order the bacon factory too be built in the Mosque" cheesy.gif only on ThaiVisacheesy.gif

Another example of Muslim supremacy. "I believe it, therefore you are obligated to honor my beliefs even if it interferes with business". I am offended by women in Islamic headscarves but that does not give me the right to dictate what she wears.

Who is dictating anything?

You have a right to set up a petition against headscarves, and to protest them.

So, what's your problem here?

Maybe afraid of a Fatwa against him for protesting against headscarves, one never knows with the religion of love? coffee1.gif

They have a valid point.

No, they don't. This is everything that is wrong with the Muslim faith. Everything is an indignation to their religion and they want special treatment, special laws, even though they don't live in a Muslim country. They are entitled to equal protection, and so is the developer of the bacon factory. If they can prove actual damage from air, water, noise or any other kind of pollution, they can take this matter up through the political (not much protection from zoning laws) or legal process. Claims that this is some kind of indignation of their religion, a violation of their livelihood or infringe on their practice of Islam are specious and not actionable.

I could not agree more it's not a Muslim country there lucky they are allowed to preach in Thailand Christians or Buddhist can't in a Muslim country

We should all protest at having to listen to wailing from the Mosques and having to listen to muslims constantly complaining

First time I worked in the Middle East, I checked into the Crown Plaza hotel in Abu Dhabi, which was right next door to a mosque.

That SOB started squalling about 0430 hrs to the top of his lungs on some really bad loudspeakers.

I JUMPED UP....."Gooks in the wire!" is all I could think.

They could care less about any western, Christians beliefs nor how much they irritate us. Why should we show them any respect at all?

this technic I have realiced in many Muslim countrys !

They just put the loudspeakers near the hotel window to wake US up !!

Same we should in future sloughter our porks in front of mosques !!

Well they can always move to Yala or Pattani if they are not happy in Petchaburi. Here in Trat we now got loudspeakers put up behind or village that wake us up at 5 am for call to pray, the local Buddhist are accepting it even if they don't like it.

Why do you put up with it grow a pair

Do not give in to this attempted blackmail. They win this one and there will be another one then another. Look at other countries that have given in to such demands: all meat is halal, for example.

The appetite for pork in Thailand is high: it's what they like to eat. If a few Muslims don't like that, I know who should move on and it's not the Thais.

Take a look at UN resolution 62/154 and tell me I'm wrong ... you won't!

Used to work in the Middle East, most locals were decent people. Problems arose when the self appointed Matowas (religious police) were around. When satellite TV arrived they used to go around at night and shoot the dishes off people's houses with their AK's.

Another example of Muslim supremacy. "I believe it, therefore you are obligated to honor my beliefs even if it interferes with business". I am offended by women in Islamic headscarves but that does not give me the right to dictate what she wears.

Don't wish to have an argument, your opinions. If you live in a Muslim country try and protest about anything and see what happens. Where is the mutual respect?

You are conflating the issue...these are Thai Muslims in Thailand. Lets change the sentence without changing the meaning, ....these are Thais living in Thailand. Should they accept everything that they don't like?

They live in a predominant Buddhist country so they should learn to get along with the other people in the community who don't share the same views.

NOTICE. We all read they live in their own little colony, their own little world and 50 people want to protest, you see how they kill their animals for food ??

if you cannot co exist SOD OFF, I live in this country and conform because it is my choice, if I didn't I would expect trouble.

SAAN, hello,
we can have a picture of that logo, because I have not found the Thais packaging.
I boycote the halal products. burp.gif

They actually use dozens of different logos depending on which authority passes the food as halal. One that springs to mind is on Wall's Ice cream.

Don't wish to have an argument, your opinions. If you live in a Muslim country try and protest about anything and see what happens. Where is the mutual respect?

You are conflating the issue...these are Thai Muslims in Thailand. Lets change the sentence without changing the meaning, ....these are Thais living in Thailand. Should they accept everything that they don't like?

I respect their right to protest a factory. I do not respect their protest about what the factory is producing due to religious beliefs.

A lot of anti-Muslim sentiment here, though I guess it shouldn't be surprising. I just spent a few days in Sumatra drinking and eating with Muslim friends (and one Hindu smile.png ). They enjoyed alcohol as much as I did (no pork or bacon though!), and don't take the Quran at all literally. [Got a knowing smile from a Muslim lady friend when I asked if she really believed, as Muhammed said, that the majority of people in hell are women ... she clearly felt it was a ridiculous belief]. The point is that most Muslims are little different from us and do not deserve the hatred stirred up by a small but vocal and psychopathic element of their 'community'.

That said, I think the company could show some rational and reasonable sensitivity by not setting up their factor near a 90+% Muslim majority community. The factory is likely to emit pork waste products into the air and water (blood is often dumped into the water system) and there will likely be pork odours as well. See http://www.fao.org/wairdocs/lead/x6114e/x6114e04.htm for a description of what can take place. The community may not have a legal entitlement, but a little sensitivity and respect seems reasonable.

Solution -integrate-do not colonize. but being a minority as such and living in a little ghetto you conform to the wishes of the masses same Islamic states.

I respect their right to protest a factory. I do not respect their protest about what the factory is producing due to religious beliefs.

You didn't actually respond to my point...you replied with a different subject...never mind.

Well, you can't just protest without a reason....."I don't want this coal-fired power station....no reason, I just don't want it." That protest will go far, NOT.

Solution -integrate-do not colonize. but being a minority as such and living in a little ghetto you conform to the wishes of the masses same Islamic states.

So, in your view, all the western enclaves in Muslim countries should not have a blind eye turned away from them for alcohol? The Western oil execs should stop drinking?

I think thats been the problem with the Muslim religion all along not having a bacon or sausage sandwich first thing in the morning sets you up for not having a grumpy day think how happy all these ISIS fighters would feel going to the front line to shoot some Muslims with a tasty crispy bacon sandwich in their stomach and a big happy smile on their faces.

Well they can always move to Yala or Pattani if they are not happy in Petchaburi. Here in Trat we now got loudspeakers put up behind or village that wake us up at 5 am for call to pray, the local Buddhist are accepting it even if they don't like it.

Why do you put up with it grow a pair

Yes and YES. In Georgia they'd be a statistic in short order.

I used to fantasize about pulling a Clint Eastwood on those mosque speakers......whip out a .44 Magnum & blast them off the walls.

Successive Thais governments have repeatedly said that they want to reach out to the Muslim community, and here is the perfect opportunity. Ensure that the plant is constructed elsewhere by giving a tax break to the company so it doesn't endure a hardship due to the move. Problem solved.

Edited by up-country_sinclair

You didn't actually respond to my point...you replied with a different subject...never mind.

Well, you can't just protest without a reason....."I don't want this coal-fired power station....no reason, I just don't want it." That protest will go far, NOT.

Sorry, I thought I did. In a secular country I do not wish to be told what I can and cannot do due to religious beliefs. Protest a factory being built, fine. If the factory was slaughtering goats would they complain?

I think thats been the problem with the Muslim religion all along not having a bacon or sausage sandwich first thing in the morning sets you up for not having a grumpy day think how happy all these ISIS fighters would feel going to the front line to shoot some Muslims with a tasty crispy bacon sandwich in their stomach and a big happy smile on their faces.

I did a year in Abu Dhabi May 1998 to August 1999. Yes I could get pork there, but it wasn't widely available.

I got back to Florida & went on a pork BINGE. I haven't gotten off it since then.

Had my wife & 2 year old daughter in Kuwait with me. I could get bacon at the US Army base.

That young'un was/is a bacon FREAK.

I ran out of bacon once. There was hell to pay. The Little Monster was madder than a hornet.

"BACON MOMMY! I WANT BACON!!!" My wife called me in a panic.

It was a bacon crisis. I managed to bum a pack of bacon off my American neighbor thank heavens.

Edited by jaywalker