Where to buy artificial turf

golf1here

I have been using it in a a lot of projects now, actually i am starting a job on Monday morning installing it in a playground. It is good in high wear areas and in problem shade areas. There are some very good quality ones about these days if you want to spend the money. . I specify 40 mm nape with a perforated based to assist drainage and to allow water to percolate down to the sub layers. and to prevent tree roots rising to seek out moisture. If you need a softer base use shredded rubber base under the grass. If you are getting others to lay it or even yourself plan where your seams/joins are as they will be the area that fails first. By that i mean don't put a seam in front of a step or a path for example. Also make sure the installer spreads a good washed beach sand over the syn grass to weigh it down so it doesn't lift or move. Replacing or renewing the sand every so often is about the only maintenance you will need to do , apart from cleaning it.

I have been using it in a a lot of projects now, actually i am starting a job on Monday morning installing it in a playground. It is good in high wear areas and in problem shade areas. There are some very good quality ones about these days if you want to spend the money. . I specify 40 mm nape with a perforated based to assist drainage and to allow water to percolate down to the sub layers. and to prevent tree roots rising to seek out moisture. If you need a softer base use shredded rubber base under the grass. If you are getting others to lay it or even yourself plan where your seams/joins are as they will be the area that fails first. By that i mean don't put a seam in front of a step or a path for example. Also make sure the installer spreads a good washed beach sand over the syn grass to weigh it down so it doesn't lift or move. Replacing or renewing the sand every so often is about the only maintenance you will need to do , apart from cleaning it.

Sounds interesting".....can you give an idea of price M2

Sounds interesting".....can you give an idea of price M2

I am working in Oz and there the price begins around 30 AUD per square metre and go to double that (wholesale) for the best synthetic turf. Then you have installation and earthworks(excavation and preparation ) on top of that so in a high volume public playground you would be looking at approx 100 AUD plus (2500 THB ) m2. Then your edging could also vary the price too as there are a few different methods . But as they say different courses for different horses (but the installation principals remain similar ) .

I have never seen the same quality of syn turf in any Hardware store in Thailand , most of it is about the same standard that we used years ago. Recently synthetic grass surfaces improved vastly and now are in vogue for sporting fields etc as well. It is not cheaper but it does give all year /all weather usage unlike organic turf surfaces.

I am not sure my answer will help you with prices though. Sorry.

It's probably best to shop around for this. I'd also try Global House and maybe even Thai Watsadu. The new HomePro on Sukhumvit has a bunch of stuff. Great place to shop and lunch there is also OK!

I installed some at my Dad's house in Vegas. Stood up pretty good there and the sun is brutal on everything. It did get smashed down a bit in the areas where people walked a lot, but didn't look too bad. This was 10 years ago. I'm sure the stuff's gotten much better since then!