Democrats pledge common goals with Suthep

webfact

POLITICS
Democrats pledge common goals with Suthep

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said yesterday the Democrats and the People's Democratic Reform Committee shared the same common goals - but worked independently.

Abhisit said former PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban, who now chairs the Great Mass of the People for Reforms Foundation, would carry out his role in his own way and he would not return to join the party.

"We are independent from each other but we share the common purpose of reforming the country and fighting against ill power,'' he said.

Abhisit however did not rule out the possibility that Suthep's foundation and the Democrats would work together toward a common goal of national reform.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Democrats-pledge-common-goals-with-Suthep-30266028.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-06

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And what, you expected something different??? don't be so gullible.

It's a shame Mark thinks he needs this bloke instead of developing REAL policies for the benefit of the whole nation instead of trying to appeal to the BKK power base to try again to win an election. Didn't work last time so it won't work next time, Back too square one, what a waste.

So Mark' still in charge of this useless bunch of has beens.......these guys just never know when to stop.

I guess with the general backing Suthep, he can see there is a glimmer of hope in a couple of years that he may just get there again.......so pathetic!

Dear Mark,

Give it up, politics that is, you're always going to be a loser and spineless one at that

Love from

Ahbisit never have the fortitude and boldness to be a leader. He will always be a follower or just be subservient to higher powers and that include Sutherp; major financier to the Dem Party. Yes, he should give up being a pseudo leader of the Dem Party and allow other credible people to helm the party and hopefully regain their glory days when they are the people representative and critics of the military.

former PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban, who now chairs the Great Mass of the People for Reforms Foundation

Great Mass of the People for Reforms Foundation, that certainly rolls of the tongue. I thought it was the PDRF?

GMPRF.

But who are 'the people', this great mass refers to? How many do they number? Is this great mass allowed to coalesce in numbers greater than 4 to express their views?

So long as the people are the benefactors is this partnership of sorts I am not against this principle , what I am surprised about is Mark so quickly moving in this direction , Mark needs to study the devil in the detail before becoming enthusiastic with Suthep , pointing out , the old players are back again, all that's missing is Khun Thaksin. coffee1.gif

former PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban, who now chairs the Great Mass of the People for Reforms Foundation

Great Mass of the People for Reforms Foundation, that certainly rolls of the tongue. I thought it was the PDRF?

GMPRF.

But who are 'the people', this great mass refers to? How many do they number? Is this great mass allowed to coalesce in numbers greater than 4 to express their views?

Indeed. Last year, I had an analyst look at the aerial photos of the PDRC protest that Suthep claimed was attended by 3.4m people. The result was about 100,000. A crowd of 100,000 people would seem impossibly large, especially if constrained by roads and buildings, so it may well seem to be 'in the millions' to a bystander.

But 3.4m people it wasn't - though I'm sure we can all understand why Suthep would want to lie about it.

Edited by Down the rabbit hole

GMPRF.

I dislike the term "Great Mass of People" intently . It implies "the majority". If it's true that the "majority" support these clowns then why not have an election and be done with it!

GMPRF.

Indeed. Last year, I had an analyst look at the aerial photos of the PDRC protest that Suthep claimed was attended by 3.4m people. The result was about 100,000. A crowd of 100,000 people would seem impossibly large, especially if constrained by roads and buildings, so it may well seem to be 'in the millions' to a bystander.

But 3.4m people it wasn't - though I'm sure we can all understand why Suthep would want to lie about it.

The BBc said the same. Khun Sutthep is a little prone to hyperbole.

Suthep is still the key to a large block of votes in the south which, were Abhisit actually to contest an election, he would need or else the democrats end up looking even more unrepresentative than at present.

They're all on the same side - ie, the right - and they are only just getting organised. The military has the job of keeping the country pinned down while 'reforms' are forced through. Suthep's job is to indoctrinate the people in order to further factilitate those 'reforms'. The 'Democrats' are waiting patiently in the wings knowing they will get to take over the reins of government once all the opposition has been eradicated by the 'reforms'. And of course, they still have their ace card.

GMPRF.

I think that "Great Mass" refers to weight not number in this case.

Dear Mark,

Give it up, politics that is, you're always going to be a loser and spineless one at that

Love from

He's not spineless. He didn't do a runner when charged with murder and didn't take the easy way out and take Thaksin's "shilling".

However, he's no more the real leader than Yingluck was. One a photogenic pretty the other an Old Etonian Oxford graduate. Nice window dressing. good for appearances.

He's more intelligent than Yingluck and can debate and present far better, but probably has little if any more power than her.

If he's got any sense and alternatives he should quit and get out the cesspit.

so it starts again? One side the "Red's" other side the "Yellow's". Means no change in Thailand? They need Suthep to escalate the hate again and to give the army any reason to stay longer in power? If the army would act neutral and guarantees fair and free elections Thai have to accept whatever outcome it will be. And...the army has to accept as well. That is the meaning giving power to the people. But I see I'm dreaming only...?

Dear Mark,

Love from

He's not spineless. He didn't do a runner when charged with murder and didn't take the easy way out and take Thaksin's "shilling".

However, he's no more the real leader than Yingluck was. One a photogenic pretty the other an Old Etonian Oxford graduate. Nice window dressing. good for appearances.

He's more intelligent than Yingluck and can debate and present far better, but probably has little if any more power than her.

He was the leader of a political party that is very much a part of the current problem in Thailand, and pulled his party from participating in the elections February last year, and was poised to do it again in July.. that's pretty spineless.

It's like not bothering to turn up for a job interview, despite having good credentials. because you know you wont get the job, but you'll never know how badly the other interviews went!!

Dear Mark,

Love from

He was the leader of a political party that is very much a part of the current problem in Thailand, and pulled his party from participating in the elections February last year, and was poised to do it again in July.. that's pretty spineless.

It's like not bothering to turn up for a job interview, despite having good credentials. because you know you wont get the job, but you'll never know how badly the other interviews went!!

You would of thought the Thai electorate were there for the taking during the protests. The dem's could of participated in that election pledging and outlining a clear reform campaign while highlighting the failures and corruption of the PTP. They backed the PDRC who claimed to have the 'masses' on side and refused to join in an election.

Surely that would of been a better option than the current state of affairs? It's just a fantasy though as most of us know what's really going on. Still, I'd have a lot more respect for the dems if they at least attempted something.