Pay your fines immediately as late may not be "easy"

konying

Just wanted to share an experience one of my staff is going through now.

Her daughter in law took her bike to work.

Was stopped at a check point, fined for

1. No helmet

2. No green book

3. No rego

4. No license

In traditional way, she decided to leave the bike and key instead of going to pay the fine, because she did not have the money.

Next bike was towed away to Soi Korpai.

Because it was not picked up in 2 days, it was towed away someone in Naklua.

My staff went to pay the fine and get the bike out, only to find out to get the bike, not only she has to pay the fine, but also pay 300baht per day storage at Soi Korpai, plus 500 baht per day storage at Naklua PLUS provide

1. Tabian Baan

2. Id Card

3. Rego

4. Green Book

5. Sales receipt from when she bought the bike

6. Reference from someone who works for the government

She provided all, only to be told, that when she bought the bike 5 years ago, tabian baan had different address, which she did but changed.

So she then had to provide new one.

Week later, she went to pick up the bike and pay all the fees, which are now around 6500 baht, she is told bike is towed somewhere in Lam Chabeang and she needs to provide more documents, also storage fee at new location is 1000 baht per day.

So be warned, if you get booked or your gf gets booked,, pay immediately as it can turn into a nightmare, not to mention very costly.

I believe her bill now stands at around 11000 baht and she is thinking of forgetting it, as it would be easier just to buy a new bike

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reminder that we should follow the laws here, and take care of business as it comes up. You sent your employees to handle her problems. No offense, but parenting may be an issue. Hope it works out okay. This should not have been a problem though. Brought on by your daughter. You spoken to us. Have you spoken to her?

I believe its not a legal requirement to carry your green book with you so why are they fining you for not having it?

I think your daughter in law must have really pissed the policeman off or else She is getting commission. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It is requirement to carry a copy of the registration. I assume that is what OP meant.

The failure to carry a licence is the big one though as well as no licence plate (rego??). This is very likely to lead to a confiscation of the bike if the standing orders at that checkpoint are to impound bikes where the driver cannot show a licence.

I believe its not a legal requirement to carry your green book with you so why are they fining you for not having it?

I think your daughter in law must have really pissed the policeman off or else She is getting commission. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Good thing you can read ;)

Yes it is a requirement

It is requirement to carry a copy of the registration. I assume that is what OP meant.

The failure to carry a licence is the big one though as well as no licence plate (rego??). This is very likely to lead to a confiscation of the bike if the standing orders at that checkpoint are to impound bikes where the driver cannot show a licence.

By rego , I meant tax sticker.

Initially bike was not impounded, she just had to pay the fines. If she did pay and returned with paid ticket , she would have been on the her way in 5 mins

Thanks for the reminder that we should follow the laws here, and take care of business as it comes up. You sent your employees to handle her problems. No offense, but parenting may be an issue. Hope it works out okay. This should not have been a problem though. Brought on by your daughter. You spoken to us. Have you spoken to her?

Do people need translator or a dictionary from English to English ?

Read again , this time slowly

There is a chance that the moving around of the bike is just a ruse to push the owner of the bike to abandon the effort to reclaim it.

There was another thread where a bike was impounded after an accident and only "reappeared" in the police compound when the OP took a school director along with her to the police station.

Good thing you can read wink.png

Yes it is a requirement

Can you please show us the regulation that requires that I carry the Greenbook with me. Thank you.

Yes it is a requirement

Can you please show us the regulation that requires that I carry the Greenbook with me. Thank you.

Do your own homework

There is a chance that the moving around of the bike is just a ruse to push the owner of the bike to abandon the effort to reclaim it.

There was another thread where a bike was impounded after an accident and only "reappeared" in the police compound when the OP took a school director along with her to the police station.

Yeah, it would appear this way. But it just keeps being moved further and further away. It's not a super bike , so really makes no sense. Police claims because of high theft. But with all the fees building up , looks like police doing all the stealing :)

You don't want to confront your daughter. Okay, your decision. Again, bad parenting.

Ha ha, indeed, Konying, well said.

I think a lot of posters have married into delinquent peasant families with the gamut of social problems and brainless behaviour that entails and simply assume everybody else is the same.

You don't want to confront your daughter. Okay, your decision. Again, bad parenting.

Ok, this time try translator and glasses to assist

Yeah, it would appear this way. But it just keeps being moved further and further away. It's not a super bike , so really makes no sense. Police claims because of high theft. But with all the fees building up , looks like police doing all the stealing smile.png

Confiscate a 3-year-old Honda Click. Auction it off cheap for, say, 24,000. Expenses, carriage, storage, auction fees, may amount to 2000 B. Profit = 22,000 Baht. Do 10 bikes a night. 220,000 Baht a day for the gang. I would say it makes perfect sense.

You might find from the OP's previous posts that he is a fountain of knowledge in all things Thai.I find it is quite a common trait with farangs who have a business here and employ the local underlings,I think you might call it a superiority complex.Which seems to overflow to postings here.

You might find from the OP's previous posts that he is a fountain of knowledge in all things Thai.I find it is quite a common trait with farangs who have a business here and employ the local underlings,I think you might call it a superiority complex.Which seems to overflow to postings here.

Another one who can't read. laugh.png

How many more will come out of the woodwork after quaffing their morning Chang? clap2.gif

Yes it is a requirement

Do your own homework

You must at minimum carry a copy of the book.

If the bike/car/whatever is financed that is all you will have as the finance company keeps the book until the finance is paid out.

Here is the answer from the resident lawyer.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/791754-motorcycle-green-book-required-at-checkpoints/

I live in KHon KAEN and have just arrived back from New Zealand after 6 weeks there. My wife showed me a fine letter from the Police for jumping a red light on the main road through Khon Kaen couple weeks before I left fo NZ. 800Baht.

The date to pay was a few weeks back so I was late. I went down the the main Police building to pay they where very nice asking me where I come from and how old I was I replied with a nice smile and said sorry for coming late just come back from NZ, no problem we give you discount, they dropped the fine down to 400 Baht and were very nice, all smiles.

How many more will come out of the woodwork after quaffing their morning Chang? clap2.gif

I prefer Leo Chang gives me a headache,a bit like you and your buddy.woodwork is healthy as it has been treated for insect infestation.I will get along now and leave you two bum chums to get on with your day.

I prefer Leo Chang gives me a headache,a bit like you and your buddy.woodwork is healthy as it has been treated for insect infestation.I will get along now and leave you two bum chums to get on with your day.

Rejection is a bitch, get use to it ;)

Just wanted to share an experience one of my staff is going through now.

Her daughter in law took her bike to work.

Come on guys---its early so more coffee...first......................coffee1.gif

Awww, did you have to spoil it?! :)

At 300 and 500 Baht per day it looks like profitable business to start a bike storage service to the police.... probably occupied by some family member of a higher officer with the usual kickbacks...

It's now 1000 because bike was yet moved again, even more further away

Yes it is a requirement

I love people like you who can quote Thai Law,I think you might be over looking one little fact.,Thais do not know or obey their own laws.At least in the west we are aware and if we get nicked it is a fair cop.Get my meaning or are you another Manchurian Candidate,looks like it by your posts and your admirers fall into the same category.

Yes it is a requirement

I love people like you who can quote Thai Law,I think you might be over looking one little fact.,Thais do not know or obey their own laws.At least in the west we are aware and if we get nicked it is a fair cop.Get my meaning or are you another Manchurian Candidate,looks like it by your posts and your admirers fall into the same category.

Back to the bushes of isaan you go ;)

In traditional way, she decided to leave the bike and key instead of going to pay the fine, because she did not have the money.

Next bike was towed away to Soi Korpai.

Because it was not picked up in 2 days, it was towed away someone in Naklua.

It seems to me that had she dealt with the problem the next day none of the extra fees and paperwork requirements would have been applied.

Moral: never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

Yes it is a requirement

Back to the bushes of isaan you go wink.png

Oh how wrong you are dear boy,never been there.I like to think I am a bit more savvy than that ( not trying to denegrate fellow members who choose to live there,just not my cup of tea,if offended I appoligise.).I was hoping for a bit more of an intelligent challenging retort,but there you go,sometimes you can't judge a book by it's cover.Over to you.

Archived