Pay your fines immediately as late may not be "easy"

konying

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Copy of registration is good enough.

The OP case sounds like the police decided to keep that bike. Get somebody with police / army connections and get the bike back. Or if you don't know anyone keep making a fuss until they return it - if you're annoying enough you might get it back too. Edit - I'd get the lawyer to make a call and / or go there too.

Good idea to never let the police take your bike in the first place. Pay the fine on the spot or at the station.

In Chiang Mai they don't take your keys but the cops are nicer up here. In fact they're ridiculously nice. Last time I was stopped I had a helmet, a new-ish bike and a driving license, and registration, and a copy of the book with me. I was starting to get a little annoyed with the cops trying to find something they could fine me for but the older cop speaking broken english was so charming I could't help but ride off with a smile. He asked where I was from and sent me on my way with the sweetest smile. I know he was honeydicking me but - it worked.

Theres a police general BKK he owns numerous luxury condos and penthouses

I was at a party in his apartment 420 sq Penthouse and on that salary HAHA

NOW YOU KNOW WHY they have all these fines running BKK................................................................RORTERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>ROBBERS

Ok, so an update:

As i mentioned i told her to call 1111 and she did.

This was over a week ago.

She called in the morning and got a call back same day around 20pm advising someone from Banglamung would contact her the next day.

The next day, she did get a call and was told to come to collect the bike from that place near LamCheabang.

So off she went, she no longer had to pay 15000 baht baht, but only 1500 baht. She paid that

After she paid that,(get ready for it) she was told bike has been moved to soi 9 in Pattaya.blink.png and to go to collect it there.

But before she goes to collect, wait for the phone call from the same guy from Banglamung.

2 days went by and no phone call, on 3rd day he finally called and said to go at 16pm to soi 9 police station to collect the bike.

Off she went. While there, no one had any idea why she was there or anything about the bike.

After 30 mins of calling around, police stated they have reduced the fine from 4500 down to 3750, and sister in law must come to pay.facepalm.gif

My staff said, she did not want to waste any more time and had the money to pay, police refused and stated either sister is law or my staff with ID card of sister in law.

So another day wasted.

Back she went the next day, now she is told "holding shop" (whatever the hell that means) is already closed, and she has to join some cue to make the payment.

As you can imagine, by this time she has lost it, told them to keep the frigging bike, its been almost 1 month since the incident.

Upon returning to work, she was pretty upset.naturally.

I suggested to contacts 1111 again and fully explains everything that has happened day by day.

She did that, spent about 2 hours on the phone. Person on the other line told her to wait for a call back.

Not even an hour later, she was contacted by Police captain from soi 9 police station who advised her to come collect the bike on Monday, all penalties have been waived.

According to my staff , he sounded really pissed off but was courteous.again, according to her.

Immediately, after police captain called, she got a call from 1111 who provided her with a phone number of some high ranking police officer in BKK and advised her if she was to have any more problems, have soi 9 police station to contact him directly.

So will know the outcome on Monday.

Make of it what you will, but seems 1111 junta hotline does seem to work.

PS. Her original greenbook has been lost somewhere between Banglamung, Lamcheabang and soi 9

! - YOu are not required to carry book.. They are police and have the vehicles reg number and tax label

2 - Your licence and I repeat NEVER let them hold your licence for a minor traffic fine NO NO NO and remove your key from bike

You have 7 days by Thai law to pay fine... The dirty little police will say read ticket says we can hold licence 7 days LOL..... The chocolate tops

Hey shit brain I can read Thai and its says """ 7 days to Pay """

They are goose;s looking for a rort and quick payers

I GOT A LICENCE SO I NOT NEED LEAVE MY BIKE OR MY LICENCE with you shit brains,,,,,,, Do your job and write ticket take licence details and piss off to your Som Tum

I believe its not a legal requirement to carry your green book with you so why are they fining you for not having it?

I think your daughter in law must have really pissed the policeman off or else She is getting commission. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Good thing you can read wink.png

Yes it is a requirement

BULLSHIT..... Not required and if you ride a big bike no place to carry... Its Thai turned falangs that are brain washed vcoz police assume book is under seat. It is not law in any way.. My mate is police commabder BKK

I believe its not a legal requirement to carry your green book with you so why are they fining you for not having it?

I think your daughter in law must have really pissed the policeman off or else She is getting commission. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yes it is a requirement

BULLSHIT..... Not required and if you ride a big bike no place to carry... Its Thai turned falangs that are brain washed vcoz police assume book is under seat. It is not law in any way.. My mate is police commabder BKK

Oh i know, you tell them, Next time cops pull you over you set them right, Do not they know what a big tough farang you are.gigglem.gifblink.png

Yes it is a requirement

Oh i know, you tell them, Next time cops pull you over you set them right, Do not they know what a big tough farang you are.gigglem.gifblink.png

Having only a copy has never been an issue for me. Probably because it is not required, despite you claiming otherwise.

Having only a copy has never been an issue for me. Probably because it is not required, despite you claiming otherwise.

I know you are an expert on most if not all things, but do show me where i said it was required to have original or a copy? Police asked her to see green book, she failed to produce. Questions were asked if one must carry original or a copy. One must carry something to prove ownership

Person who was stopped did not have original or a copy.

So you now claiming with assertion If police decides to request original and you fail to produce, police would NOT issue a fine?

Love your arrogance, because YOU have not had personal experience, then it is not so.gigglem.gif

I know you are an expert on most if not all things, but do show me where i said it was required to have original or a copy? Police asked her to see green book, she failed to produce. Questions were asked if one must carry original or a copy. One must carry something to prove ownership

So you now claiming with assertion If police decides to request original and you fail to produce, police would NOT issue a fine?

Love your arrogance, because YOU have not had personal experience, then it is not so.gigglem.gif

In your op you claim fined for not having green book, in your first follow up you claim it is a requirement.

And no, that is not what I said. I said it is not a requirement and I never had problems not having it on me. The 'then' and 'because' are your inventions.

In your op you claim fined for not having green book, in your first follow up you claim it is a requirement.

And no, that is not what I said. I said it is not a requirement and I never had problems not having it on me. The 'then' is your invention.

Yes in my OP i stated she did not have green book, i did not say copy or original

In my follow up i claimed one must have it, again i did not specify copy or original

She did not have neither

Trouble reading? or just feel like trolling for the sake of it

And no, that is not what I said. I said it is not a requirement and I never had problems not having it on me. The 'then' is your invention.

Yes in my OP i stated she did not have green book, i did not say copy or original

In my follow up i claimed one must have it, again i did not specify copy or original

She did not have neither

Trouble reading? or just feel like trolling for the sake of it

Don't be silly and try to wiggle out of it.

Yes it is a requirement

Interesting as has long been quoted in various Pattaya forums as being a requirement and accepted as such. Your point about big bikes is logical but that does not mean much here......

Genuine question but I don't suppose you can you give us any reference to the specific regulation or lack of that could be used?

Yes it is a requirement

Interesting as has long been quoted in various Pattaya forums as being a requirement and accepted as such. Your point about big bikes is logical but that does not mean much here......

Genuine question but I don't suppose you can you give us any reference to the specific regulation or lack of that could be used?

In ask the lawyer section, there is a question if original book must be with the bike, lawyer response was that a copy is sufficient, however just like with everything else in Thailand, it is up to a cop who is asking for documentation to accept copy or not, unless of course your are friends with police commander or married to a daughter of a general, then none of this applies.

Just outside my work, cops have a collection point on daily basis, i often see and hear people screaming claiming they are related to someone or know someone, both thai and foreigners. These moments usually are very loud and attract attention. I am yet to see someone let go without a fine after a commotion.

To be honest , pretty much everyone they stop gets a fine for one thing or another, again both Thai and foreigners, it is Pattaya, so naturally would not be the same across the entire nation

Yes it is a requirement

In ask the lawyer section, there is a question if original book must be with the bike, lawyer response was that a copy is sufficient, however just like with everything else in Thailand, it is up to a cop who is asking for documentation to accept copy or not, unless of course your are friends with police commander or married to a daughter of a general, then none of this applies.

Just outside my work, cops have a collection point on daily basis, i often see and hear people screaming claiming they are related to someone or know someone, both thai and foreigners. These moments usually are very loud and attract attention. I am yet to see someone let go without a fine after a commotion.

To be honest , pretty much everyone they stop gets a fine for one thing or another, again both Thai and foreigners, it is Pattaya, so naturally would not be the same across the entire nation

I am in Pattaya and apart from a left turn at Klang and third some years ago (a righteous bust sad.png ) when I have been stopped, up to now, I have been waved on my way after the various document checks - but have had green book under the seat.

I am in Pattaya and apart from a left turn at Klang and third some years ago (a righteous bust sad.png ) when I have been stopped, up to now, I have been waved on my way after the various document checks - but have had green book under the seat.

i was let go once without showing anything because i was coming back from Temple( mind you i had nothing with me at all, no wallet, no license)

One of my staff was let go after running the red, because she told officer she was in a rush to feed the cat which had not eaten for 2 days because fish finished, she showed the fish.

As said, rules and regulations have little meaning when it comes to Police.

Some years ago, a friend of mine was fined for NOT having pink book(no such thing exists and yet he was still fined)

Plenty of stories for being fined for no reason and plenty of having good experiences.

Archived