Pay your fines immediately as late may not be "easy"

konying

This is no different in the REAL world AMERICA.

I ran a towwing service with 1-Homes 600, 1-Holmes 500 and 3-Holms 200 contracted with the City, the County, the Sheriffs Dept.,and CHP

Any vehicle towed in was kept at the yard in the city 48-hours.

When not cleared it was towed to the storage yard in the country and of course another towing charge while every day not cleared an additional storage fee was added.

Not cleared within specific time the vehicle became property of the Towing company which was then issued by the DMV the Pink slip (Owners registration certificate) after which the vehicle was bought by the vehicle scrapyard, scrapped and recycled by the steel mills.

So why do you think Thailand should be any different?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is no different in the REAL world AMERICA.

I ran a towwing service with 1-Homes 600, 1-Holmes 500 and 3-Holms 200 contracted with the City, the County, the Sheriffs Dept.,and CHP

Any vehicle towed in was kept at the yard in the city 48-hours.

When not cleared it was towed to the storage yard in the country and of course another towing charge while every day not cleared an additional storage fee was added.

Not cleared within specific time the vehicle became property of the Towing company which was then issued by the DMV the Pink slip (Owners registration certificate) after which the vehicle was bought by the vehicle scrapyard, scrapped and recycled by the steel mills.

So why do you think Thailand should be any different?

Because it's Thailand, not Merika?

OP I know a certain place where the police auction the bikes. every day a new delivery of bikes are made. not a small number of bikes many many, and every day they are sold to many dealers. I suspect the bike has been sold already, and not towed around the place

Oh how wrong you are dear boy,never been there.I like to think I am a bit more savvy than that ( not trying to denegrate fellow members who choose to live there,just not my cup of tea,if offended I appoligise.).I was hoping for a bit more of an intelligent challenging retort,but there you go,sometimes you can't judge a book by it's cover.Over to you.

If you were hoping for intelligent challenge , might be wise not to post utter drivel

OP I know a certain place where the police auction the bikes. every day a new delivery of bikes are made. not a small number of bikes many many, and every day they are sold to many dealers. I suspect the bike has been sold already, and not towed around the place

May well be the case , this bike is worth about 11-13k, hard to believe it's worth it, but I guess everything is possible

May well be the case , this bike is worth about 11-13k, hard to believe it's worth it, but I guess everything is possible

Absolutely worth it. It is about volume. It will be an industry like a production line. Bikes will keep coming in.

Older bikes, probably like your employee's, will be stripped down for parts as there is more profit. A standard 125cc will be completely stripped down to the frame in under an hour by 2 guys. The labour cost will be under 100 Baht.

I live in KHon KAEN and have just arrived back from New Zealand after 6 weeks there. My wife showed me a fine letter from the Police for jumping a red light on the main road through Khon Kaen couple weeks before I left fo NZ. 800Baht.

The date to pay was a few weeks back so I was late. I went down the the main Police building to pay they where very nice asking me where I come from and how old I was I replied with a nice smile and said sorry for coming late just come back from NZ, no problem we give you discount, they dropped the fine down to 400 Baht and were very nice, all smiles.

Nice to hear that not all of them are criminals but still 99,99% are ...bah.gif

An Update. Just few mins ago she got a call she can come collect the bike, but of course the place is now closed, so it would have to be on Monday.

Translation, add another 3 000 baht.

I believe its now around 15 000 baht to get the bike in total

15k baht! Not worth picking it up now.

Yep thats what the bike is worth.

I told her to call 1111 to report this nonsense.

She just did and i suppose the good news is 1111 said it was all wrong and strange.

They took the complaint and said will follow up in 24 hours and advise

Will update on how it will turn out

Besides that these low life scum bags can not keep your bike for minor offences and must issue a ticket like any other country

YOU HAVE LICENCE you no need leave nothing other than his copy of ticket he wrote you,,,,, The monkey has your reg number and licence number already

DO NOT BE STOOD OVER there full of SHIT

Thanks for the reminder that we should follow the laws here, and take care of business as it comes up. You sent your employees to handle her problems. No offense, but parenting may be an issue. Hope it works out okay. This should not have been a problem though. Brought on by your daughter. You spoken to us. Have you spoken to her?

Do people need translator or a dictionary from English to English ?

Read again , this time slowly

You don't want to confront your daughter. Okay, your decision. Again, bad parenting.

Let me help you. It's not his daughter. He wrote it is the daughter of one of his employees. Not his, his wife's or any relative but someone he employs.

Have you heard of a firm called "Specsavers" ?

Besides that these low life scum bags can not keep your bike for minor offences and must issue a ticket like any other country

YOU HAVE LICENCE you no need leave nothing other than his copy of ticket he wrote you,,,,, The monkey has your reg number and licence number already

DO NOT BE STOOD OVER there full of SHIT

I take it you fresh off the boat?

When police pulls you over and issues a ticket, they take your key and keep your bike while you go to police station to pay the fine. Upon returning, you show your receipt and they give you back keys and bike .

If you lucky enough, police may only hold your license, while you go to station to pay the fine.

From personal experience I would not recommend doing that, because then police can not find your license in his pocket without lunch money.

However if you have plenty of time and police chooses to keep the license while you supposedly go to pay, you CAN just forget it and let them keep it while you go get new license .

BUT, non payment may be registered in the system for when you must renew license

What a funny thread -- not the topic but the classic TVF style bickering.

But I'd like to confirm one thing. Is it really a requirement to carry the green book? If so, Isn't that a bit asinine? If my bike is stolen and the green book is with it, haven't I just made it a lot easier for a thief to unload or keep the bike?

But I suppose that's using logic -- something that's not usually followed in Thailand. rolleyes.gif

But I'd like to confirm one thing. Is it really a requirement to carry the green book? If so, Isn't that a bit asinine? If my bike is stolen and the green book is with it, haven't I just made it a lot easier for a thief to unload or keep the bike?

But I suppose that's using logic -- something that's not usually followed in Thailand. rolleyes.gif

If your bike is financed you will not have a book to carry anyways..... a photocopy will suffice as that is all you will get from the finance company.

If your bike is financed you will not have a book to carry anyways..... a photocopy will suffice as that is all you will get from the finance company.

Do you know for a fact that it's a requirement and that a photocopy is good enough?

I've been stopped by what seem to be some pretty thorough cops and have never been asked for it, but I haven't been asked for my passport or a copy either, and that's also supposed to be a requirement.

How else would you prove ownership of the bike?!

Can you get a replacement license without a police report ?

police report - 20b

new licence - 355b

Might be cheaper to just pay the tea money for him to find it in his pocket.

All depends how much his lunch is worth and how much the fine is tongue.png

Not sure! Take it to the police station within a certain period of time?

Or have bike impounded until you bring the evidencethumbsup.gif

Evidence? I thought we were talking about a green book. You watch way too much CSI crap buddy. thumbsup.gif

Evidence? I thought we were talking about a green book. You watch way too much CSI crap buddy. thumbsup.gif

Yes, we are.

There is no requirement to carry original, copy is sufficient.

The green book wouldn't be in the thief's name. That's logic.

The green book wouldn't be in the thief's name. That's logic.

LOL oh yes, and of course it would be impossible to find a way to get that changed.

Oh no...wait...it just occurred to me that it would extremely easy for a a Thai thief to grease a palm and have that changed. LMAO Where do you live?

Archived