Trump the main attraction at 1st Republican election debate

webfact

The bed-wetters are in hysterics over Trump's massively successful showing tonight, especially in the media.

And the Stadium looked about 95-98% full, despite NBC's claim of "about half full" as I saw different on my TV

The MSM is also complaining how they're weren't any Black people there, despite the Reverend that gave the opening Prayer service who was Black as well as others in the crowd.

Of course, the liberals and their shills in the media like Chris Matthews always see things as racial when it comes to conservatives.

Did the MSM complain about the lack of "diversity" at a recent Bernie Sanders rally?

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/vpr/files/styles/x_large/public/201505/BernieKickoff-OliverParini-7-hi.jpg

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bed-wetters are in hysterics over Trump's massively successful showing tonight, especially in the media.

And the Stadium looked about 95-98% full, despite NBC's claim of "about half full" as I saw different on my TV

The MSM is also complaining how they're weren't any Black people there, despite the Reverend that gave the opening Prayer service who was Black as well as others in the crowd.

Of course, the liberals and their shills in the media like Chris Matthews always see things as racial when it comes to conservatives.

Did the MSM complain about the lack of "diversity" at a recent Bernie Sanders rally?

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/vpr/files/styles/x_large/public/201505/BernieKickoff-OliverParini-7-hi.jpg

Britney Spears and Taylor Swift draw big crowds too.

The point being, what was the demographic of that crowd? How many people with better-than-average intelligence attended out of seriousness and not just for the spectacle? Quite a low number, I'd expect.

Populism does not connote talent nor intellect....in fact the contrary.

The point being, what was the demographic of that crowd? How many people with better-than-average intelligence attended out of seriousness and not just for the spectacle? Quite a low number, I'd expect.

I can remember when Democrats used to say they had the interests of working class people at the heart of their programs. Apparently, you don't think much of people holding down a job in a steel plant and working for hourly wages? If you're concerned about demographics, why not explore Clinton/Democratic voters support? What about the level of intelligence of all those Clinton/Democratic voters? Hispanics who cannot graduate from high school and blacks who are unemployed and unemployable.

Another false argument.

These are not a bunch of teen aged girls at a bubble gum pop concert.

Simplistic thinking.

And you're a mind reader because you know why people attended?

Did the people that drove 5 hours and wait another 2-3 hours show up "just for the spectacle?"

Tell me more, Miss Cleo.

These people didn't drive for hours in many cases, sit in traffic, wait for hours, etc... for some 'spectacle' that they could have easily watched on TV as all 3 US Cable news channels broadcast the event live.

And these people vote.

Ignore them at your own risk, but seeing 40,000 voters turn out 14+ months before an election to hear and see a candidate is extraordinary.

Especially 40,000 Southerners to see and hear a Billionaire New Yorker "Yankee" to boot.

Based on the people and the entities that are attacking Trump, I would say he's doing and saying exactly the right things.

Edited by PHP87

Another false argument.

Simplistic thinking.

Did the people that drove 5 hours and wait another 2-3 hours show up "just for the spectacle?"

Tell me more, Miss Cleo.

These people didn't drive for hours in many cases, sit in traffic, wait for hours, etc... for some 'spectacle' that they could have easily watched on TV as all 3 US Cable news channels broadcast the event live.

And these people vote.

Ignore them at your own risk, but seeing 40,000 voters turn out 14+ months before an election to hear and see a candidate is extraordinary.

Especially 40,000 Southerners to see and hear a Billionaire New Yorker "Yankee" to boot.

Based on the people and the entities that are attacking Trump, I would say he's doing and saying exactly the right things.

Do make an effort to at least try to comprehend.

Go back and read again, please, and then hopefully you'll realise all of your reply was irrelevant on not a proper response.

By the same token, early NFL front runners seldom make the Superbowl, let alone win it.

By the same token, early NFL front runners seldom make the Superbowl, let alone win it.

That makes no sense. Horses that have a big early lead usually win the horse race. So? Anyone running for President against Hillary Clinton has a big advantage - now that makes some sense.

Another false analogy, but I'll play along.

Describe "Early NFL front runner"

Because teams that start out 1-2, for example, rarely make the SB

Teams that start out 3-0 are far more likely to get their, or at least play deep into the playoffs.

Point is that Trump nearly filled a 40,000 capacity stadium tonight despite impending bad weather and the start of HS Football.

Anyone that knows how popular HS Football is in the South knows what I'm talking about.

The 40,000 capacity Ladd-Pebbles stadium that Trump spoke at tonight hosts HS football games.

It's a religion in the South.

Regardless, if Trump is pulling even a modest estimate of 20,000 14+ months before the election, imagine the crowds he will have next year at this time if he can maintain any type of momentum?

The guy is a gifted speaker and speaks passionately about things and issues because he believes in what he speaks of and he doesn't need a teleprompter.

And let me ask you this?

Did you watch/hear him give his speech tonight? If so, what did you disagree with?

His stance on Illegal Immigration?

Unfair Trade tariffs?

Jobs being shipped out of the US?

Political cronyism/political appointees?

Again, ignore him and even mock him at your own peril.

And as far as the crowd tonight, this is the best crowd pic I could find, which looks like far more than just "half full":

post-192270-0-55965100-1440219447_thumb.

Edited by PHP87

Another false argument.

Simplistic thinking.

Tell me more, Miss Cleo.

And these people vote.

Go back and read again, please, and then hopefully you'll realise all of your reply was irrelevant on not a proper response.

Oh, my response was quite "proper"

You just didn't like it because it destroyed your false argument and their was nothing irrelevant about it.

Dear Lord...

Read my post again....

Key words: "Demographic", "Big crowds too", "The point being" "what was....demographic", "intelligence", "Populism does not connote talent nor intellect."

Then read your dumb response.

I won't try to explain any further...you seem incapable of comprehending anything.

Trump is really starting to ht the right notes.

Thousands of people showed up to hear Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump speak at an Alabama rally Friday, in which the business tycoon vowed, "we're going to make America better than it's ever been."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-slated-hold-huge-alabama-rally-n413856

Edited by Ulysses G.

Not a valid post. You target the author rather than what he wrote.

Your "argument" was that Britney Spears and Taylor Swift draw big crowds as well.

I stated that's irrelevant and I stated why.

You then claimed many of the people came out just for the spectacle.

I stated that many drove for hours and then waited for hours and why do that when they could stay home and watch on TV

I also pointed out that these people are voters as well and that Southerners have a general dislike of big city Northerners, especially New Yorker's, which made the crowd more impressive.

Sorry all of those and other points were lost on you.

But I guess you just think that demographic are just a bunch of dumb, ignorant rednecks. Right?

Regardless of what you think of them, they vote and they are smart enough without some Nanny state liberal telling them what's best for them as they are adults and can be trusted to make their own decisions at the ballot box.

Or maybe you think they are too stupid and should only get 3/5th of a vote?

Answered again.

You won't like it. Too bad.

Try to come up with a better argument than "Britney Spears and Taylor Swift draw big crowds as well" because it's a damn poor one that deserves to be mocked and ridiculed.

And if you don't like the response it's not because of a lack of comprehension. It's because your analogy was bad and/or you failed to articulate your point.

And if you didn't even hear/see Trump give his speech earlier, than you're really in no position to make judgement on something you didn't see or hear.

What part and what policies did you disagree with and why?

Right now, you are basically engaging in juvenile name-calling and coming up with ridiculous analogies that reflect poorly upon yourself.

Edited by PHP87

Thousands of people showed up to hear Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump speak at an Alabama rally Friday, in which the business tycoon vowed, "we're going to make America better than it's ever been."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-slated-hold-huge-alabama-rally-n413856

BUt ask him HOW he will make America better and the fun will begin.

Based on some of the political forums on the internet and the people that are in hysterics, I would say Trump hit it out of the park tonight and they're having a hard time dealing with that fact.

sad.png

Two brothers in Boston beat a homeless Hispanic man senseless with a metal pole and urinated on him while chanting, "Donald Trump was right".

Trump's response: "the people that are following me are very passionate. They love this country, they want this country to be great again."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/08/20/after-two-brothers-allegedly-beat-homeless-man-one-them-admiringly-quote-donald-trump-deporting-illegals/I4NXR3Dr7litLi2NB4f9TN/story.html

Two brothers in Boston beat a homeless Hispanic man senseless with a metal pole and urinated on him while chanting, "Donald Trump was right".

The hit piece you linked to forgot to mention this whistling.gif :

"Boston incident is terrible. We need energy and passion, but we must treat each other with respect. I would never condone violence."

-Donald Trump

I think he covered that part fairly well earlier tonight or today for those of you overseas.

And Trump won't have people like Caroline Kennedy as Ambassador to Japan getting hoodwinked by the Japanese or by the Chinese for that matter.

No. Trump will have the shrewdest, sharpest negotiators in the business world doing those dealings.

Either people know very little about Donald Trump or they greatly underestimate him.

He didn't become a self-made multi Billionaire on luck.

He will fill his cabinet with the sharpest minds in America.

And he didn't go to Alabama and put on a phony southern accent like Hillary Clinton does either.

Keep underestimating him.

And expect to see him get a significant bump in the next round of polling after his earlier speech tonight/today because it has much of the political forums buzzing with excitement.

Just be thankful that the election isn't this November, because the only thing that can stop Trump right now is Trump peaking too early with 14+ months to go.

cheesy.gifgigglem.gifcheesy.gifgigglem.gif

It is estimated that Donald Trump inherited up to $200 million dollars from his father.

But the fanboy mythology doesn't mention that, does it?

Most kids who inherit money lose it as opposed to increasing it by what percent?cheesy.gifgiggle.gifcoffee1.gif

It is estimated that Donald Trump inherited up to $200 million dollars from his father.

I don't know about your estimate, but 200 Million is a drop in the bucket compared to 10 Billion.

Try a different argument if you've got one.

See, most people that inherit that kind of money piss it away.

Trump, if he did inherit 200 Million, turned it into 10 Billion.

And the "fanboy" stuff sounds like you've been trolling anime forums.

Or you're a teenager.

Or both.

BTW, can you source your claim that Trump inherited 200 Million, or did you just pull this number out of an unnamed body orifice?

Actually, I did some research unlike some people and the number is closer to 50 Million which Trump inherited upon his Father's death, long after Trump was already worth 100's of Millions.

Another fail for the Trump haters.

All they have is childish name-calling and overusing their silly emoticons like teenage girls that text all day.

None of them can come up with anything of substance.

They won't because they can't.

So they'll keep posting their silly little icons that amuse teen aged girls and about no one else.

Trump is wonderfully funny to watch. To see him calling the other candidates grovelling toads, behaving like a group of fish tank hookers hoping to get picked by the cash rich hornbags (Koch of the day) on the other side of the two way mirror .... well, it's just priceless. Then Trump just flies off in his own corporate jet (F'ing A!!!) and takes another dump on them from another location. I have to say that he's much better value than Ross Perot ever was. Perot always reminded me of what would come from breeding a thin leprechaun with a yappy lap dog. Trump's vulgarity is so, so, refreshing - like playing ACDC very loud at a party full of prissy Conservatory students. May the force be with you Donald, may your hair never wilt or weather.

If someone told me 2 months ago that Trump was a viable candidate, I would have laughed at them.

Now I think he will actually win it. My instincts tell me he will anyways.

The guy is a no BS straight talker and is a refreshing change from the usual politicians that run for office.

The fact that he doesn't walk around on egg shells and doesn't run his campaign based on focus groups and polls is a nice change.

He just says what he thinks without a filter.

My guy is Ted Cruz, but the more I see Trump, the more I like him.

Another analogy would be that Trump is "Bluto" (John Belushi) in the movie "Animal House"

While I hope that Trump WOULD win it, I don't think he can. He has alienated many Republicans with his attacks on the grey men and Americans do not have a history of electing anti establishment figures. If they did, Perot would have been president.

More likely is that many in the GOP will stay home and allow a Dem, any Dem to win, regardless of how goofy they are.

If you don't understand his plan you haven't been paying attention. He's been telling it to people for ages now.

Another false argument.

Simplistic thinking.

Tell me more, Miss Cleo.

And these people vote.

Oh, my response was quite "proper"

You just didn't like it because it destroyed your false argument and their was nothing irrelevant about it.

Dear Lord...

Read my post again....

Key words: "Demographic", "Big crowds too", "The point being" "what was....demographic", "intelligence", "Populism does not connote talent nor intellect."

Then read your dumb response.

I won't try to explain any further...you seem incapable of comprehending anything.

You seem to be saying that all Trump fans are stupid. So what, you don't need to pass an examination to vote!

For really ignorant people see any HRC rally- too wifully ignorant to accept she is a crook.

To think that I used to admire her, despite all the skeletons she is hiding since before Bill became president. Bet she really hates Obama for taking the presidency from her in 2008, and now it does look like the fat lady is singing for her.

I should state that I support Trump, not the GOP and I would vote Democrat if I were an American, but not for HRC. IMO Trump is beyond a party, and if he wins, the GOP will be a liability for him, given how much they dislike him for showing them up to be a bunch of losers.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

MSM reports after the Trump event said attendance was 30,000 of a seating capacity of 43,000. Yet the Trump fan base has gone down the rabid hole of crowd hysteria when any political pro with experience will tell you crowd size large, small, in between, has no bearing whatsoever on the voting that occurs on any given election day. There is absolutely no correlation, cause effect, association, connection. None.

Contrary to the post, MSM has been pointing out the Sanders crowds and supporters are white middle class and upper middle class well educated people of a civic mind. The Trump crowds are white and people of a public mind, even if it is a reactionary and simplistic state of mind.

On the issue of people of color, Trump did have the usual Republican party house negro up on the platform in the usual high visibility token role. Since Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice grossly discredited themselves over Iraq and many other things, Dr. Ben Carson is the new Republican token house negro.

If you don't understand his plan you haven't been paying attention. He's been telling it to people for ages now.

:lol:

He has no legitimate strategy or plan for any of the serious policy issues facing the next president.

He talks about building a wall and bombing Iraq's oil fields, but these half-baked ideas don't withstand a minimal amount of scrutiny.

He's a blowhard that uses one-liners and quips to distract from his inability to deliver well thought out policy positions. Eventually it will catch up to him and he'll be exposed as a fraud, but my fear is that by that time he'll have burnt the Republican party to the ground.

But the fanboys don't care about that. They like his "straight talk". :wacko:

laugh.png

He has no legitimate strategy or plan for any of the serious policy issues facing the next president.

He talks about building a wall and bombing Iraq's oil fields, but these half-baked ideas don't withstand a minimal amount of scrutiny.

He's a blowhard that uses one-liners and quips to distract from his inability to deliver well thought out policy positions. Eventually it will catch up to him and he'll be exposed as a fraud, but my fear is that by that time he'll have burnt the Republican party to the ground.

But the fanboys don't care about that. They like his "straight talk". wacko.png

When did he say he wants to destroy Iraq's oil fields?

What he did say was that he wants US troops on the ground to capture them from IS. I'm sure he wants to keep them for the US, but he's not saying so, yet.