Syringes litter beach behind Police Resort in North Pattaya

Lite Beer

Syringes litter beach behind Police Resort in North Pattaya

beach-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A secluded beach behind a Police Resort in the Northern outskirts of Pattaya is littered with syringes which are a potential health hazard and for now the origin of the syringes is a mystery.

The syringes, some with their protective orange caps removed, are strewn along a 1km stretch of the beach. It was a member of staff at the Police Resort who alerted us to the problem and she would like the presence of the syringes publicized so members of the public that use the beach can take the necessary precautions.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/211141/syringes-litter-beach-behind-police-resort-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-08

Not on the police agenda to patrol the beaches after dark, they're day time cops, night time

of no interests to them, now wait for committees and sub committees and orders from 'above'

to see what they can do about it.... such is life when you do your job because you have too,

and not because a civic duty or calling....

Nothing new.

Syringes and bloody gauze and other hospital waste washed up on my beach, opposite Koh Chang, almost weekly. Needles still intact (in the US, they snip them off) and some with blood in them.

I stopped swimming there, even when the waste wasn't visible.

I used to do charity for Banglamund Home for Boys which is nearby. Police resort? police RESORT? Why the heck do they need their own frickin' resort? Then I thought "Ah, so can take their mia nois to and no one can rat them out, engage in behaviors that might even be beyond normal standards of decency and intimidation..... Why do they have one? Because they CAN!

Well you learn something new every day, Police Resort!

Its for the over worked cheesy.gif and under paid police force whistling.gif

Its seems they are becoming drug addicts as well facepalm.gif

Oh the pressure of work or is it the stress from dodging work thumbsup.gif

On two occasions We have seen syringes that were washed up on the beach in jomtien while walking in the evening in bare feet. Did not take long to put the shoes back on. One still had the needle intact. We took it to the police station at Dongtan.

We were worried kids might find it or someone stand on it when playing.

Perhaps the Thai authorities could start some educational adverts .......in between the Thai Soap Operas.....after all most Thais seem hooked on them

Of course it won't stop "all" the drug using low lives.......and their careless habits.....

.but it could encourage parents to make their children aware of the danger of drugs, and the side effects........also to be on the lookout for discarded users equipment and its danger

TV doesn't get used enough for "social education"......in most countries

Slightly off topic: Where can you dispose of used syringes/needles properly in Pattaya? I have some from injecting my dog with 'ivermectin'.

I asked my vet for a "sharps box" which she supplied and I returned it to her when full as she has access to medical waste disposal services. No charge by the way.

But please be carefull with ivermectin, the dosage is critical as it can be fatal, see link for info: http://www.dogaware.com/health/ivomec.html

Slightly off topic: Where can you dispose of used syringes/needles properly in Pattaya? I have some from injecting my dog with 'ivermectin'.

I asked my vet for a "sharps box" which she supplied and I returned it to her when full as she has access to medical waste disposal services. No charge by the way.

But please be carefull with ivermectin, the dosage is critical as it can be fatal, see link for info: http://www.dogaware.com/health/ivomec.html

Doesn't answer the question WHERE. I know very well the dosage of ivermectin thank you.

Doesn't answer the question WHERE. I know very well the dosage of ivermectin thank you.

Ask your vet!

I have been around the world and lived here for a few years, but I will say to anyone it's the most lawless place I have ever been. I am elderly and don't hang around bars at early am times so. I manage to stay clear of the usual trash that frequents the streets looking for an easy buck. The scams that take place are mind boggling , still I don't want to live anywhere else just be careful.