Virgin Australia dumps Phuket flights

Lite Beer

Not to worry, the Chinese will take their places and even over run them all, as evidence from what

I see in BKK MD and Suwannaphum airports, wall to wall Chinese and than some, they're literally

over running the country as New York and other touristy places on earth... there're millions

of them running around everywhere now days...

Not everywhere !!

Have been yesterday in some music famous capita,

many foreign groups, disciplined and silent !

But havn't seen any Chinese group,

so I asked some guide -

They dont offer ! Cheap packages to chinese operators !!

They get enough HQ chinese tourists which ready do travell single, pair or family !

But Thailand like mass mass mass !!

Thats Asien - and thai behavier -

nothing speciual,

just we faron g dont like this style,

so why we are gere in LOS ??

Been drinking have we .,.,,

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to worry, the Chinese will take their places and even over run them all, as evidence from what

I see in BKK MD and Suwannaphum airports, wall to wall Chinese and than some, they're literally

over running the country as New York and other touristy places on earth... there're millions

Not everywhere !!

Have been yesterday in some music famous capita,

many foreign groups, disciplined and silent !

But havn't seen any Chinese group,

so I asked some guide -

They dont offer ! Cheap packages to chinese operators !!

They get enough HQ chinese tourists which ready do travell single, pair or family !

But Thailand like mass mass mass !!

Thats Asien - and thai behavier -

nothing speciual,

just we faron g dont like this style,

so why we are gere in LOS ??

Been drinking have we .,.,,

Is it that damned mango wine? whistling.gif

I once flew a Virgin short haul discount flight for the convenience,

while booking the ticket i became apprehensive and red flags kept

popping up as i scrolled down the page to complete the booking,

it kept asking if i wanted add ons, i thought this is ridiculous,

i have never had the experience of choosing to pay for a drink

and peanuts and given the option to pay for a blanket and then

being on a flight where the cabin temperature was set at 10*C

and when i offered to buy a blanket i was told ''we have run out''

i will never fly low budget from AUSTRALIA ever, although AirAsia

are quite good, so i figure the Virgin staff should have a new

welcome message, like this ''mooooo welcome to the Virgin

Atlantic cattle truck'' more appropriate.

I took a Virgin train from London to Hollyhead, and it was pants. On a train that serviced the Irish ferry ( lots of bags ) they didn't have a luggage rack. You had to just throw your bag on a huge pile in a corner.

Must be something about Branson that he does cheap and nasty, though as I don't remember the fare as being particularly cheap perhaps just nasty..

I was in Bali more than 10 years ago. Thought it was a nice place, Budhist instead of Islam, but quite small.

Now after 9 years in Thailand I ought to go there and see for myself whichever is better.

Home is where the heart is and that can even be on a very small island.

Think you are confusing Hinduism with Buddhism.

Virgin no different to air asia in regard to booking the seat you want,the meal you want and blanket.The offered special super duper price always ends up costing 30% more when you click to pay unless you have baggage under 7kg,dont want to eat,dont care where you sit and rug up to the arctic conditions inside the cabin.

Personally i would rather go back in time when flying was more expensive,less seats and more leg room,free food and booze,and less chance of encountering idiots who do not know how to behave or do not how to consider others.

Yeah in OZ they got pinged for those add on's , so did Qantas , don't know the out come , you start off low end $145 price ends up $400, the price from home town to Perth ( 600klm ) is the same one way as Perth to BKK by Thai Int.

Wait until the direct Trains start , standing room only on all beaches.

Edited by kiwikeith

Not really a surprise.

Aussie dollar has lost 25%.

Less Aussies coming.

Exactly, Bali is a more attractice financial deal, shorter flight too.

And a pretty horrendous place, unless you avoid the entire SW coast. Traffic there is worse than Manhattan in rush hour. I spent my entire vacation driving my motorbike on the sidewalks, as the gridlock was ridiculous. Bali is way, way too overpopulated. If you get up to Ubud, and the north, it is nice. The culture, the people, the clarity of the water, the land, is very nice. But, the SW is a blight zone.

I regularly fly (twice a year) between home(Phuket) and Melbourne. I connect with a Virgin flight to Melb. after the Phuket flight To Perth so they have lost me for that flight as well as the return . And it is not cheap-$1300 return. Also I have 70,000+ Frequent flier points with them and I doubt that I can convert them here in Phuket. I leave for Aus. on the 12th and have already paid in June before this announcement so no chance to use points and pay for that fare. Will not go Aus. again till Feb. next year, after the service has ended. What do I do with my points? I hope Virgin come up with a good answer to that one, but I doubt it. Singapore Airlines here I come(and cheaper)

Not really a surprise.

Less Aussies coming.

And a pretty horrendous place, unless you avoid the entire SW coast. Traffic there is worse than Manhattan in rush hour. I spent my entire vacation driving my motorbike on the sidewalks, as the gridlock was ridiculous. Bali is way, way too overpopulated. If you get up to Ubud, and the north, it is nice. The culture, the people, the clarity of the water, the land, is very nice. But, the SW is a blight zone.

Do you mean the SE?

You choose - you then pays the going price, simple really. If you not like, do not do it coffee1.gif

You miss the fact it is misleading advertising which is illegal and why they got fined. Advertise legally, simple really.

So it's official now: No more virgins in Phuket?

Good one! clap2.gif

Not enough in Australia to fill a plane apparently.

Yup - the last one I had in Oz was named Olive. Only one I have ever enjoyed gigglem.gif

DId you POP her EYE?

Not really a surprise.

Less Aussies coming.

Nothing to do with tourist numbers, there are just better airline options available.

Aussie tourist numbers are slightly down but so is just about every country, UK might be the only one with higher numbers.

Edited by darhut

I was in Bali more than 10 years ago. Thought it was a nice place, Budhist instead of Islam, but quite small.

Now after 9 years in Thailand I ought to go there and see for myself whichever is better.

Hindu rather than Buddhist.

Not really a surprise.

Less Aussies coming.

Do you mean the SE?

No, the SW. Kuta, Legian, Seminyak. It is a blight zone. Not sure about Sanur. But, that tourist zone is horrendous. Will avoid that area with all the power in my being, for the rest of this lifetime. The only thing that could bring me back to that area would be a fortune in gold.

Hindu rather than Buddhist.

Thanks, yes I was wrong and was already corrected two times. That was on pages 1 and 2 of this post you probably 'missed'.

Well it's Hindu actually,but look out for those Muzzys!!!

Louse, you are #4 already. I don't care if it is Boo or Hoo as long as it is not Muzzy.

What I remember is that Bali people make daily offerings in the street like the Thai do and thus thought Bali was Bhudist too.

Hope that clears my sin.biggrin.png

Bali is predominantly Hindu, not Buddhist.

Not really a surprise.

Less Aussies coming.

Nothing to do with tourist numbers, there are just better airline options available.

Aussie tourist numbers are slightly down but so is just about every country, UK might be the only one with higher numbers.

"Nothing to do with tourist numbers, there are just better airline options available." - and it appears, better holiday destination options as well. biggrin.png

Not really a surprise.

Less Aussies coming.

"Nothing to do with tourist numbers, there are just better airline options available." - and it appears, better holiday destination options as well. biggrin.png

Of course, you must be right.

Absolutely nothing to do with the mining bust that has hit Australia in general and the state of Western Australia and its capital in particular.

Or, that the Australian dollar has gone from 33 Thai baht to 25 Thai baht making it a lot more expensive.

I bow to your superior knowledge NKM.

Please remind me of the "better" alternative airline that is flying from Perth to Phuket return?

Edited by KarenBravo

I flew BKK to Singapore, not much for frills, but friendly staff.. Short flight, no problem!

Some fussy people wanted premium service for a cheap price, but I told one to get

real. They were going there to gamble, and just were greedy as well as cheap shots.

I can still fly from Phuket to Australia on Virgin, or other airlines, so just not

directly to Perth, so what!