Thai soldier arrested for mugging foreign tourists

webfact

Soldier Arrested for Mugging Foreign Tourists

By Khaosod English

14391896051439190007l.jpg

Stolen items and the motorcycle police said Pvt. Kampaeng Yordnuan, 21, used to snatch items from foreign tourists in northern Thailand.

SUKHOTHAI -- A soldier with a taste for French bags has been arrested in Sukhothai province for mugging tourists.

Pvt. Kampaeng Yordnuan, 21, was taken into custody by police Friday in Sukhothai province, two days after he allegedly snatched the bag of a French tourist as she walked near an ancient moat, according to Police Maj. Gen. Rangsan Kochakrai.

The woman alerted police, who said they spotted Kampaeng riding around Sukhothai Historic Park on a motorcycle and acting suspiciously. Police said they attempted to arrest him, but he just rode off.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1439189605

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2015-08-10

Police said they attempted to arrest him, but he just rode off.

What a bunch of Stooges ... Did the Police not have bike or car or were they just too lazy as usual ... After all the soldier-boy was only stealing from tourists - should think they would get angry when soldier-boy muscle in on Police territory ...

This is new one, really classic..." for the love of french bag...

I've got a few manky old Carrefour plastic bags sitting in the cupboard under my kitchen sink if he's desperate.

Gosh memories Carrefour , that's one grotty supermarket.....

Leader price was more my style...

All the cunning of wet bogroll.

How these people have made it to the 21st Century is really quite astounding.

coffee1.gif

Thailand has not made it to the 21st Century, it is still in and regressing more so into the dark ages.

But the year is 2558 so they already made it , maybe they skipped a few centuries coffee1.gif

I was riding today and some cop waved a ticket book at me, no idea why

I am aware you are only permitted to ride in the right lane if you are making a uturn in the next, 300m etc

I had just made one and turned into the fast lane although nothing was coming because they had a red light...

All don't know if he was going to do me for being in the wrong lane (which I wasn't) or something about my uturn...

We gunned it and he didn't even look to get the plate I think , they're is no plate so even if he did it would have been fruitless...

I don't think they chase anyone, it's not worth it unless you just robbed a bank or whatever , imagine trying to justify a hi speed chase over a glorified traffic offence etc

"they attempted to arrest him, but he just rode off"

And the cops couldn't be arsed to chase him eh?

No wonder the Dek Waens are so abundant. The cops are too lazy to chase them.

Lazy? Perhaps. I've witnessed a distinct lack of training, officer safety and professionalism from those actors that are occupying space in my locale. They would have had great difficulty meeting standards of the agency I worked for in another "world".