THAI's promotional fares to Europe

webfact

THAI's promotional fares to Europe
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International is wooing traffic to and from Europe, with promotional fares that start from below Bt30,000.

The airline announced today two promotional packages - "Let’s go to Europe" and "Europe 4 Friends", aiming to offer special fares to travellers who travel in pair or in a group.

Under the first package, the fares for the travel with a minimum of two adults from Bangkok to London will start from Bt31,610 per person, Bt28,625 for travel to Frankfurt and Bt30,490 for other routes.

Under the second package, the fares for the travel with a minimum of four adults to Europe will start from below Bt30,000.

The fares are for travel during October 1-March 31.

The promotional fares are for roundtrip travel in Economy Class and includes tax and surcharges. Other conditions are applied.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/THAIs-promotional-fares-to-Europe-30266287.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-10

Don't get me wrong but the Europeans have fares between THB 21'000 - THB 26'000, all-in, European crew, brand new equipment and no minimum of 4 travellers. They just cannot get the message it seems - too occupied with the "smooth as silk" worn-out slogan!

Yes, 30000 is a well know number, but not 21000.

Even Aeroflot is above this limit.

You have to look down deep to Norwegian Air or the like to find such prices on selected dates.

And then try to get to Frankfurt for 28625.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Can you please give an example? What European airline brings you from Bangkok to Europe and back for 21000, nonstop.

What destination?

I will stand corrected but I think Sydebolle is talking about Europe to Bangkok routes.

KLM and Air France do 30,000 baht to Amsterrdam or Paris respectively, all in, no minimum passengers.

Agreed, I use them always to the UK via Amsterdam. Golf clubs go free and an extra case 23kgs costs just 2.500 baht. I think Thai, together with Emirates, are not competitive - on price at least. I used Emirates and Thai a decade ago but no more. I may be wrong, but I've never seen Emirates make 'offers' from this end.

A story from my friend who told me proudly that he's going to Europe. And I asked him why you choose Thai Airways, It's quite expensive.

His answer was: Because they speak Thai onboard and serve Thai food. Another reason he told me he was scared of transfer flight because he might get lost at the airport.

TiT at It's best....

Went to Thai sales office in Udon Thani and they did not have a clue about this campaign! Nor do they mention this on their web-page! It took the staff 10 minutes incl. phonecalls to Bangkok to get the details. There is no discount for children and also a limited number of seats!

KLM and Air France do 30,000 baht to Amsterrdam or Paris respectively, all in, no minimum passengers.

Agreed, I use them always to the UK via Amsterdam. Golf clubs go free and an extra case 23kgs costs just 2.500 baht. I think Thai, together with Emirates, are not competitive - on price at least. I used Emirates and Thai a decade ago but no more. I may be wrong, but I've never seen Emirates make 'offers' from this end.

Since when did golf clubs go free with Airfrance, or is this only available as a Business and/or First Class perk?

I ask because 2 years ago I went to Economy check-in with Airfrance at Swampy with a 20kg suitcase, hand luggage and a set of golf clubs, expecting no surcharge. This was after 'phoning their Bangkok office for confirmation as to what could be carried in the aircraft's hold. At check-in I was told only 1 item (limit 21kg) could go in the hold and the golf clubs as a 2nd item would cost me 6000bht one-way!! Needless to say, I was not happy, to the extent that my displeasure attracted the attention of their security officer. The check-in lady refused to telephone the Bangkok office to check what I'd been told. As my golf clubs weighed only 12kg I decided to use the golf club flight bag holder for my clothes and had to trash my suitcase and some of my less important belongings. Not a very good start to my holiday.

Booked on Eva Air BKK-LHR-BKK for 29,900 for September return October.

Edited by Anon999

Since when did golf clubs go free with Airfrance, or is this only available as a Business and/or First Class perk?

I ask because 2 years ago I went to Economy check-in with Airfrance at Swampy with a 20kg suitcase, hand luggage and a set of golf clubs, expecting no surcharge. This was after 'phoning their Bangkok office for confirmation as to what could be carried in the aircraft's hold. At check-in I was told only 1 item (limit 21kg) could go in the hold and the golf clubs as a 2nd item would cost me 6000bht one-way!! Needless to say, I was not happy, to the extent that my displeasure attracted the attention of their security officer. The check-in lady refused to telephone the Bangkok office to check what I'd been told. As my golf clubs weighed only 12kg I decided to use the golf club flight bag holder for my clothes and had to trash my suitcase and some of my less important belongings. Not a very good start to my holiday.

Sorry to hear of your problem , but it sounds like you got caught our by the differing rules applied by BKK or EU as departure points.

Went to Thai sales office in Udon Thani and they did not have a clue about this campaign! Nor do they mention this on their web-page! It took the staff 10 minutes incl. phonecalls to Bangkok to get the details. There is no discount for children and also a limited number of seats!

Where is the sales office Udon Thani............. in Makeng st---- it closed down 2 years ago----is there a new one opened lassebasse ---or do you mean you went to the airport ?

Can you please give an example? What European airline brings you from Bangkok to Europe and back for 21000, nonstop.

What destination?

Earlier this year I got drowned by Finnair, KLM and Air France. Book (and pay) in April/May and fly until November; prices went up to THB 29'000 - in line with devaluation of THB compared to the rest of the currencies.

I might suggest that a European flight attendant/cockpit member and head office in Europe costs a heck more than TG; latter known for meagre salaries. Then again I also do not understand, how I could book yesterday a Bangkok-Chiang Mai return on Air Asia for THB 600, both ways, all-in. Arguably no meals, no seat selection and no extra luggage but even the train costs more to get there (and back).

For the bargain hunter it might be of interest to keep eyes and ears open, be flexible with the carrier, routing and dates and you get there and back for literally half the price ;-)

What I expected.

But please try to compare on a one by one basis (baggage allowance, meals etc.).

Norwegian is a low cost carrier at its best.

I can not judge on the quality of service, staff and so on as I don't know what Norwegian offers here.

And then compare the total price for popular destinations like London, Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam (with a stop).

Edited by KhunBENQ