Man robbed at cash deposit machine at bank in Bangkok (VIDEO)

webfact

Man robbed at cash deposit machine at bank in Bangkok (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- A middle-aged man was robbed in the middle of the day at a cash deposit machine at a bank in Bang Khun Thian district last week.

A 20,000 baht reward has been offered to find the robber, who was wearing a motorbike helmet and ignored the people using the ATMs or waiting in line when he approached the man at what looks like a branch of Kasikorn bank.

In the CCTV footage, which spread online yesterday, the robber puts his arm round the victim's neck and stands next to him for a few seconds before running away.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/11/man-robbed-cash-deposit-machine-bank-bangkok-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-11

Notice what looked like a girl and guy standing behind the man just turned and left as soon as they realized a robbery was underway.

I use Cash Deposit Machines a lot "but only inside a mall where a bunch of small bank branches are clustered together with bank security at each branch standing around." And pretty much the same for ATMs...inside a mall usually but when outside only an ATM that has a lot of activity/foot traffic going on...none of this using that "lone ATM on a soi corner thing."

It looks like a darama not a robbery action,

the man did not resist or any, as there is not any weapon used on the scene to oblige the victim to release his cash,

Even after the robber left he didnt fight or tried to run behind or any, does it really make sense this?

Silly robbery story this,,,

Hi don't think any of us know how we would really react when this sort of thing happens. I was robbed at knifepoint on the London underground. I had my golf clubs with me but I still froze and it was at least 10 seconds before the anger kicked in and I went chasing after him with a club in my hand but by then it was too late,
I think the guy in this video reacted exactly as I would have being take by surprise like that. Also we have no idea what was being said to him.

I intervened in a threatening (thirth party) situation, NOT a robbery, in Thailand once.......no sweat,before and after.

Now if you watch this unfolding, what would you do?

Edited by hgma

Hi don't think any of us know how we would really react when this sort of thing happens. I was robbed at knifepoint on the London underground. I had my golf clubs with me but I still froze and it was at least 10 seconds before the anger kicked in and I went chasing after him with a club in my hand but by then it was too late,

I think the guy in this video reacted exactly as I would have being take by surprise like that. Also we have no idea what was being said to him.

Yes we all have good ideas after the event or as casual observers.

The victim could have screamed blue murder although he could also have been under the impression of a knife in his side.

I though, had I been an observer, I would to go to the thief's motorcycle and kick it over or remove the key, but likely I would have done nothing, not get involved, Thai style.

Thats the problem with these Thai ATM's. You have to wait for your card after your cash has been dispensed. Your card should come first then you grab your cash.

This guy couldn't do much cause he had to wait for his card.

When I take cash out it goes straight in to a zipped sky rocket immediatly.

Thats the problem with these Thai ATM's. You have to wait for your card after your cash has been dispensed. Your card should come first then you grab your cash.

Wasn't it a deposit machine?

Wasn't it a deposit machine?

Oh yeah, so it was. Still drunk.

My card's ATM daily is 20.000bht.

I guess most Thais take about a couple of thousand bahts when going to ATM (my wife can go to ATM for only 300b!).

This guy was getting 50.000bht.

Conclusion: the thief probably knew his target.

My card's ATM daily is 20.000bht.

I guess most Thais take about a couple of thousand bahts when going to ATM (my wife can go to ATM for only 300b!).

This guy was getting 50.000bht.

Conclusion: the thief probably knew his target.

Yap.......he probably knew.....because cannot be a withdraw...only a deposit.....50.000 thb....at a street ATM?....Hummmmm...

Notice what looked like a girl and guy standing behind the man just turned and left as soon as they realized a robbery was underway.

The robber was likely armed with knife, or other deadly weapon.

He was wearing a motorcycle helmet (full head protection)

I'll excuse myself from attacking him over some other person's few thousand baht too.

coffee1.gif

This story makes no sense. If it was a deposit, the thief would have to know that there was 50,000 baht in the deposit envelope. It could not have been an ATM withdrawal, since ATM machines can not dispense more than 30 bank notes ( ie 30,000 baht). As usual with Coconuts reporting, we will never know the actual story